In a double OT nail biter, Bunny comes through in the clutch!

StrangeVol

Playing limited minutes, Bunny Shaw headed in a corner kick, off the boot of Katie Cousins, in the second OT to down a determined and very talented LSU side, 2 - 1. After returning Wednesday evening from leading her Jamaican club to victory in their international quarterfinal competition, Bunny was able to play almost 30 minutes of the near 110-minute match. Katie Cousins was her usual steady dependable mid fielder and made her presence felt numerous times both on offense and defense.

MA (Mary Alice) Vignola, who is fast becoming one of my favorites, scored our first goal on a terrific left-footed blast from outside center of the 18-yard box. Vignola made several quality attacks, at times working a two-woman game with Bunny. Our defense was solid as usual except for a brief moment when everyone fell sound asleep allowing LSU to take the opening lead. After that brief nap, our defense was solid for the remainder of the game.

Good win all the way around as we likely strengthened our future tournament seeding. We now stand tied for 3rd in the league standings.

edited 10/19 to add additional comments

Last edited:
yep, saw it...very nice...big win and thanks SV...good stuff...and

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playing limited minutes, Bunny Shaw headed in a corner kick, off the boot of Katie Cousins, in the second OT to down a determined and very talented LSU side, 2 - 1. After returning Wednesday evening from leading her Jamaican club to victory in their international quarterfinal competition, Bunny was able to play almost 30 minutes of the near 110-minute match. Katie Cousins was her usual steady dependable mid fielder and made her presence felt numerous times both on offense and defense.

MA (Mary Alice) Vignola, who is fast becoming one of my favorites, scored our first goal on a terrific left-footed blast from outside center of the 18-yard box. Vignola made several quality attacks, at times working a two-woman game with Bunny. Our defense was solid as usual except for a brief moment when everyone fell sound asleep allowing LSU to take the opening lead. After that brief nap, our defense was solid for the remainder of the game.

Good win all the way around as we likely strengthened our future tournament seeding. We now stand tied for 3rd in the league standings.

edited 10/19 to add additional comments
I don't think I ever saw a runner with the ball go from practically one end to the other to score without someone making an extra effort to stop her! The second time it nearly happened again and Neal stopped her, I guess the other time she was away from the play or everyone was waiting on her or Cousins to do something!

In fairness to Neal the girl scored on the left side (facing the goal) and Neal is usually on the right side. The girl was also quick as lightening. Still, and inexcusable lapse.

VN Store

Back