IG Report Thread

evillawyer

Dark Brandon, B*tches!
Since I know this will be today's major discussion, might as well get it kicked off.

Initial indications are the report will not have any evidence of political bias by Comey.

"Former FBI Director James Comey “deviated” from FBI and Justice Department procedures in handling the probe into Hillary Clinton, damaging the law enforcement agencies’ image of impartiality even though he wasn’t motivated by political bias, the department’s watchdog found in a highly anticipated report."

Comey Broke From FBI Procedures in Clinton Probe, Watchdog Finds

Reactions: 1 person
In other words, they acted professionally in conducting their investigatory work.

Uh, No. Definitely not professionally unless your definition of Professionally is way different than mine.

Oh, that's right. You are a lawyer. Forgot.:)

Spin away.

Reactions: 8 people
What's the over/under on the amount of time it'll take Trump to call for Horowitz's firing?

I don't understand what Trump was hoping to see here. Comey reopened the investigation 10 days before the election over Weiner's e-mails. How do you spin that as pro-Clinton bias? It's accepted that he could have fired Comey on January 20, 2017 and nobody would have questioned him over it. It's what HRC would have done.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't understand what Trump was hoping to see here. Comey reopened the investigation 10 days before the election over Weiner's e-mails. How do you spin that as pro-Clinton bias? It's accepted that he could have fired Comey on January 20, 2017 and nobody would have questioned him over it. It's what HRC would have done.

You should have just stopped after the first three words.......

Even declassified it will be a be a big nothing burger.

The machine protects itself.

Classic conspiracy theory reasoning. When the report that is supposed to reveal the conspiracy doesn’t, it becomes part of the conspiracy itself.

Reactions: 3 people

"She's guilty but didn't meant to..."

I don't even get that from a state trooper when going 7 over, much less breaking federal law that is there to oversee my gov't and add accountability, while endangering national secrets.

Reactions: 7 people
Classic conspiracy theory reasoning. When the report that is supposed to reveal the conspiracy doesn’t, it becomes part of the conspiracy itself.

Name the last high ranking govt official (agency head) to be put on trial for anything? Then tell me whether or not you believe they have ALL been 100% on the up and up?

Just like the police have that blue line that is rarely crossed the govt has it's own line and it doesn't matter what party is in control.

Reactions: 3 people
"She's guilty but didn't meant to..."

I don't even get that from a state trooper when going 7 over, much less breaking federal law that is there to oversee my gov't and add accountability, while endangering national secrets.

He made a judgement call and it's fair to question him over it... and yet it's still a tough sell to accuse him of pro Clinton bias in 2016. You would have a much better case if he hadn't reopened the investigation in late October... but he did. Trump even publicly praised him for it at the time.

Last edited:
Comey's actions were and always have been just about himself. The way he conducted himself was damaging to everyone involved. It's astounding that anyone can argue he did not deserve to be fired. Especially when so many of them cried like babies when he announced the "investigation" into Hillary.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back