If SEC Officials Do Not Act, Someone Is Going To Get Hurt

Don't you dare argue that he used his head.

I didn't say he used his head. I said the crown of his helmet hit JG in the chin. LSU just had a player ejected for basically the exact same hit. The difference being the LSU player used his hands to cushion the blow. There is simply no consistency in these calls.

Reactions: Alto1
He hit him in the chest first, which is what they look at.

Bama had at least one big call missed that would’ve gotten their defense off the field.

It goes both ways.

Refs miss calls all the time. In the scheme of things, refs rarely are the cause of the final outcome. It is just the inconsistency of the targeting calls that gripes me.

As stated a few moments ago, LSU just lost a player when he clearly hit Fitzgerald first in the chest (while also using his hands to soften the blow), but his helmet inadvertently hit Fitzgerald in the chin area.

Reactions: rltw1974
All this speculation made me look up the actual #'s. I'm showing AL was #57 (lower# is better) in penalty yards per game. (NW was #1, TN was #19) In SEC play AL has 32 penalties for 269 yards vs opp 28 for 249.

Reactions: 08Vol
I think the refs cared more about vocal abuse than physical abuse today,...alot of taunting and unsportsmanlike conduct calls...

Add in the fact Bama players are doping it really is a concern. They're twice the size and strength of every college team out there and they are dirty on top of it. It's disgusting and players getting hurt.

At what point does it become too blatant though? 100-0 at half? Bama has perfected their craft. The key to cheating and not getting caught is to make it look natural, bama is bigger. Faster, and stronger than everyone plus they get questionable calls. When a call is reviewed Bama refe set it up so it has to be overturned and their opponents have to prove it. That's a big deal in a reviewed call.

Bama's cheating is getting so blatant that at some point the coaches and media surely say something...

They get the cheap calls for sure, but if they were doping Pruitt, Kiffin and Smart would know it and let the leaks come out.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Why wouldn’t they be? Bama is the goose laying golden eggs. If they lay an egg that’s not golden, the SEC stands to lose millions.
Exactly. If UT was they type of program Bama is it'd be the same way. Brings a ton of $ into the conference

It's SEC football it's brutal. The hit on JG wasn't out of order IMO. If it's anyones fault blame the offensive lineman for not blocking with pride

Even if it wasn't targeting, the point is that the consistency of that call is horrible. Kids have been ejected over and over for the same and less.

Reactions: VolsLady-in-FL
All things are not equal with officiating. Taylor was ejected today. A few plays later a Bama DB threw a punch at Juan Jennings and no ejection.
Right in front of a ref while he was on the ground trying to get up. I saw that too and couldn't believe it. It was #4 for bama whoever that is.

Reactions: VolsLady-in-FL
I wonder how Pruitt likes it being on the opposite side of the equation now and knowing what type if uphill battle he climbs. Bama is no longer his friend and Saban made that clear by leaving his 1st team in up 44-14 in the 3rd qtr

Saban is no ones friend, at least in the college football business. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had none at all.

Reactions: GRN1926
I see contact with Wilson's helmet with a defenseless Guarantanos helmet. I'm not sure if its targeting or not but the intent of the rule is to keep this from happening. A textbook hit would have included Wilson's shoulder which didn't occur.
I definitely think hits like that should be eliminated. It's a little higher than I'd like and the defender's head needs to be to the side. But by current rule, I think it's ok.

I definitely think hits like that should be eliminated. It's a little higher than I'd like and the defender's head needs to be to the side. But by current rule, I think it's ok.

Fair enough.

There was a play where the D was called for an illegal hand to the face and Danielson said Bama is getting called for holding on their left tackle..... ref calls illegal hand to the face .... the show the replay and Darell Taylor got tackled by their left tackle..... no holding call

He is the play you are talking about

Attachments

• 1A0132F7-5E69-4ED3-940E-7F7D37EB236E.jpeg
    1A0132F7-5E69-4ED3-940E-7F7D37EB236E.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17

VN Store

Back