If Butch can beat a two loss South Carolina...

How the heck do you make that leap?!? :blink:

DOBBS beat SC and saved Trumpet Boys Job!!

picture.php

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
I do not see it happening but it is the most winnable of the Georgia Auburn Bama stretch. We will be coming off of a bye week and will be Auburn 7th game in a row.

Similar situation to the 2015 game at Bama.

Reactions: 5 people
What Botch did has nothing to do with what a team can do. They rose above him. I'm not sure that they can rise above CJP and the staff. They can win but it will be the result of sound coaching, game management, and heart.

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 2 people
All depends on if this is one of those subpar Auburn years or national championship contenders. They are so unpredictable. But since they're on our schedule and they're a West team it means they'll be contending for a title, Vol luck.

Op, I know someone going to this game, and we always lose when they go. Journey may be disappointed, but you best stop believing.

Reactions: 1 person

Butch did NOT beat SC, Dobbs and Barnett beat SC!!!

picture.php

This. Dobbs carried Butch for years. Without Dobbs Butch doesn't make it past year three.

I think the OP was referring to the 2013 season where UT beat a very good USC team. Dobbs didn't play that game and Barnett was still in HS.

Reactions: 3 people

DOBBS beat SC and saved Trumpet Boys Job!!

I think he's referring to Butch's first year when we beat USCjr at home with that ridiculous catch from North (Worley).

Tennessee really put its best foot forward last time they played Auburn, at home no less. Just has the feel of a great match-up.

This is the one I'm most optimistic about during our 2018 run of death. Auburn always seems to heavily underachieve during times of great expectations. Hopefully by the time we go down there we won't have too many injuries and a team getting ready to turn the corner under Pruitt. I also think if Auburn loses a couple early on the pressure on Malzahn could negatively affect his team, even thought that happened last year and they ended up rolling over UGA and Bama before coming back down to earth.

One can dream.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back