I need and want to say this...

revjayp

👈🏼That’s my boy, Knox.
I wanted him. I believed he would be the best option and would light a fire in recruiting, put us on the map INSTANTLY and every 5* recruit would want to come play for him. Surely he hadn’t forgotten how to coach and his passion to teach, love for the game and ability to bring NFL coaches with him would make him an instant hit.

I believed. The dots connected perfectly and in the age of social media, it’s easy for information to flow easier than before. I still believe it was going to happen and Currie even lied to him. (I don’t want to argue about that so please don’t read into this post in that regard.)

However, all of that being said, I’m glad Gruden isn’t our coach. He looks lost on the sideline and has made 2 of the worst decisions ever by a head coach.

He may pan out in the long run for the Raiders but he looks awful to the point I wonder if he regrets going back to the sideline.

Anyway, as an original Grudenite, I’ll always wonder what he would’ve done at TN a few years ago but that ship has sailed and I’m happy he’s in Oakland and not in Knoxville.

I never for a second thought we could actually get him but... I did certainly believe he would be a home run hire and I'm defiantly having my doubts about that belief right now.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Considering trades and draft picks aren't a part of college football I'm not sure that those decisions are telling for how he would have done at UT

I wanted him. I believed he would be the best option and would light a fire in recruiting, put us on the map INSTANTLY and every 5* recruit would want to come play for him. Surely he hadn’t forgotten how to coach and his passion to teach, love for the game and ability to bring NFL coaches with him would make him an instant hit.

I believed. The dots connected perfectly and in the age of social media, it’s easy for information to flow easier than before. I still believe it was going to happen and Currie even lied to him. (I don’t want to argue about that so please don’t read into this post in that regard.)

However, all of that being said, I’m glad Gruden isn’t our coach. He looks lost on the sideline and has made 2 of the worst decisions ever by a head coach.

He may pan out in the long run for the Raiders but he looks awful to the point I wonder if he regrets going back to the sideline.

Anyway, as an original Grudenite, I’ll always wonder what he would’ve done at TN a few years ago but that ship has sailed and I’m happy he’s in Oakland and not in Knoxville.

He was never coming here. Never. Ever. It was a joke he decided to have fun with and trolled the living daylights out of people like you. That’s all.

Every time I see or hear someone say this, I have to wonder: To whom would you give it? Who would take it?

To whatever hypothetical entity was requesting it in exchange for making Gruden our head coach. Who gets the testicle and what they do with it once I have transferred ownership of it is not relevant. What is relevant is that I want Gruden badly enough that if someone, somewhere, had the ability to make that happen and in return they requested my left testicle, I would (reluctantly) but certainly hand it over.
This is assuming that there was a qualified surgeon available who was willing to assist in the removal of said testicle. Because if I were expected to remove it myself, I'm afraid the deal would be off.
Hope this clears things up for you.

Last edited:

He's coached 6 freaking games so far...He is wanting to get HIS players in there to make it work...He will be fine and yes I would've LOVED to have had him coach UT...But he wanted the NFL so I can respect that...Wish him the best

Reactions: 37L1
He was never coming here. Never. Ever. It was a joke he decided to have fun with and trolled the living daylights out of people like you. That’s all.

My post wasn’t to argue about the validity of him coming here or not. We won’t change each other’s mind on the subject. I’m saying, looking back on the hire, I’m happy the way it turned out and believe we have a coach who wants to be here, knows the game and has the potential to bring us back. That’s all I wanted in the first place. 👊🏼

VN Store

Back