I Bid Farewell

I have a good time where ever I go to a game. It is just a game. I have traveled with Alabama for a long time, during losing seasons and when we are good. I have had season tickets for 30+ years.. I enjoy the games and try to have fun with all fan bases.
Just don't say War Eagle. Then we know you aren't really a fan of anything.

giphy.webp

I have a good time where ever I go to a game. It is just a game. I have traveled with Alabama for a long time, during losing seasons and when we are good. I have had season tickets for 30+ years.. I enjoy the games and try to have fun with all fan bases.
Semper Fi brother. Jesus bless you.
@AaronUT where do you live?

@tnbamafan hey, don't be a stranger until next year. Classy fans from anywhere are welcome. Hell we even let some classless ones post here........cough......LG.

@tnbamafan, I hope that you experienced the noted hospitality of Volunteer fans throughout your visit for the game. Whippersnappers may snipe at you a bit on this message board. Take it in stride and charitably expect them to grow out of it.

Whippersnappers, one of my clearest memories is of Vols fans helping to push the station wagon of a Bammer family back onto the road from where their driver's side tires had sunk into the soft apron. Afterwards, some of the Vols fans were spattered with mud. They didn't seem to mind, as I heard one pronounce, "Time for a beer." This was decades ago, and yes, visiting Bama had won the game. The quality of character exhibited by our Orange and White brethren in this instance is something all of you should emulate. The prevalence of it defines us as a group.

@tnbamafan, I hope that you experienced the noted hospitality of Volunteer fans throughout your visit for the game. Whippersnappers may snipe at you a bit on this message board. Take it in stride and charitably expect them to grow out of it.
Not sure that can happen Tin Man.

If (LOL) we had gone into Bryant Denny stadium and kicked the hell outa you,I would not go on a Bammer site and say one word!!

Reactions: volfannbama
Yes I would. it is just a game. Never take it serious. It is a time for me to get away from the world for 3-4 hours each week. I was there in B'ham when yall spanked us and had just as much fun....People live and die with this game or any game. I've fought on foreign fields in a real war, this is just for fun!
Perspective........Respect to you

I have said a lot of adjectives in my day about UT Football, I even swore not to watch another game......but, here I am still a Vol and I will always be, born in the hills of the Appalachians right between Johnson City and Asheville NC, I know where the orange of Tennessee originated and my first experience inside Neyland Stadium standing next to another Alabama alum Bill Battle.......the coach of UT Football. I was hooked and didn't even know it. I am a realist, and everything has it time, Tennessee will be back and I will be there the WHOLE Season to watch it happen............just like Peyton, someone will walk out on the field..... and at that moment he will take his team and become a legend and UT will be great again. Men like Peyton and all the other great names of UT don't come every year or every 5..........its special when they do. Bama has Tua.........and that kid is special.....no denying that.

A good sport is a good sport, even if he wears an ugly red color. :)

See you, OP, wish you well in all but football. *salute*

p.s. To our gator hangers-on: the OP is how you do it on another team's message board. Don't crow, don't offer advice, don't patronize, just be a good sport.

Who am I kidding, they'll never learn. Heh.
That’s because the Bama fan base is like old money. Classy and respectful. Florida is new money. Fell into it later in life and act like arrogant douches

Appreciate the sentiment and hope the rest of your year is safe. Since Neyland is home-away-from-home for 15 other SEC teams the fans should have plenty of practice in showing civility to the opponent. I have no clue what the "bandwagon" references mean and I strongly suspect the posters don't know either.

Damn, you get his number?

For yet another year the best week in college football comes to an end. There are other programs who feel they have the best rivalry but with the passion of both fan bases, the proximity of those fan bases and the tradition of both schools I beg to differ that this is the best rivalry in college football.

I want to thank the Vol fans that set with us in Y6. You treated my wife and I with class and we enjoyed our day. We joked, gave high 5's to each other (when either team did well), we discussed how the Vols were playing with heart and how you could see the ones that were still playing hard to the end. We even collected other Bama fan game tickets to give to you so you could have several chicken sandwiches from Chick-fil-a after the Pick 6.

UT will get better and I see it even this year. Time will tell about CJP if he can be a head coach but I think he can!

Until next year.
God Bless American, Semper FI and RTR!

A Dam Bammer and a Jar Head, go away.

This rivalry is different from the little sister rivalry. I can respect the time I spend in Knoxville every other year, but when I head to the cow farm the fan base is different. That being said I try to get to my seats early and welcome the other teams fan base. Shake hands and try to have fun, but until you have experienced an Alabama vs API game you have no idea how big it is to that area.

Thanks for the kind words on this post. I will visit here occasionally but you will NEVER see me bash another fan base. Hope yall have a successful season and continue to improve. I have said this in the past, the SEC needs a strong UT football program and I think you have the right coach for the job.

Reactions: Alto1
For yet another year the best week in college football comes to an end. There are other programs who feel they have the best rivalry but with the passion of both fan bases, the proximity of those fan bases and the tradition of both schools I beg to differ that this is the best rivalry in college football.

I want to thank the Vol fans that set with us in Y6. You treated my wife and I with class and we enjoyed our day. We joked, gave high 5's to each other (when either team did well), we discussed how the Vols were playing with heart and how you could see the ones that were still playing hard to the end. We even collected other Bama fan game tickets to give to you so you could have several chicken sandwiches from Chick-fil-a after the Pick 6.

We do have a tendency to starve ourselves. :eek:

905696.jpg

UT will get better and I see it even this year. Time will tell about CJP if he can be a head coach but I think he can!

Until next year.
God Bless American, Semper FI and RTR!

Good luck!

I don't think ya'll are going to need it.

This rivalry is different from the little sister rivalry. I can respect the time I spend in Knoxville every other year, but when I head to the cow farm the fan base is different. That being said I try to get to my seats early and welcome the other teams fan base. Shake hands and try to have fun, but until you have experienced an Alabama vs API game you have no idea how big it is to that area.

Thanks for the kind words on this post. I will visit here occasionally but you will NEVER see me bash another fan base. Hope yall have a successful season and continue to improve. I have said this in the past, the SEC needs a strong UT football program and I think you have the right coach for the job.
I grew up in Bama. Was a Bear disciple until I saw the light, Big Orange Light that is. I wouldn’t be able to be nice to the API fans. Even though some of my best friends from HS went there. On that day I do not talk to anyone still.

1...That was a classy alabubba guy so ease off.

2...Be careful what you say around here about Jarheads kid.

There's lots of us Tennessee fans that are Marines!

Semper Vols!!!

Semper Fidelis!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Have been to Bama for a few games and were always treated with class and dignity. Now- my trips to Gainsville- difference was night and day. There was no comparison. I like to hear about treating all visitors well. I'm sure we have a few. I'm sick & tired of being mediocre and getting beat by Vandy. We are Tennessee! It may take us longer than most, but we're on our way back. Keep it clean though.
I have a gut feeling that by 2020 we will clearly be back on the rise and ranked again on a regular basis and a team ppl don’t want to play lol. These past 5 years have been tough with a couple winning seasons mixed in but I truly think we have found OUR COACH!!! JP is gonna be fine!!! Give it time and patience and the rewards will start being reaped on a regular basis every fall Saturday!!! GBO!!!

VN Store

Back