Horston to TENNESSEE!!!

Lookin good!

This young lady is a player of the first degree....

The UConn board thought she was theirs....There was even a poster that said she wasn't good enough for UConn, but a few other posters set them straight.....This girl is good on any roster.

I do not worry about what Uconn board says in a bet because when they took D.Fielf from us they were all Happy. Overall, we got Jordan and I'm happy.

Look at this kid...
< No. 1 guard commits to Lady Vols >
... Skills, heart and, watch the film...She, never looks at the camera...She doesn't care who else is watching....
Perfect type of player for this team,

BTW
Anybody can become bored with success.
Geno?

Basketball is a bucket of water. You stick your fist in and open your hand to full span. You pull it out of the water and it closes like a hand was never there. Waiting on the next hand.......

Let's all give Geno a "hand"

Reactions: lvocd
Look at this kid...
< No. 1 guard commits to Lady Vols >
... Skills, heart and, watch the film...She, never looks at the camera...She doesn't care who else is watching....
Perfect type of player for this team,

BTW
Anybody can become bored with success.
Geno?

Basketball is a bucket of water. You stick your fist in and open your hand to full span. You pull it out of the water and it closes like a hand was never there. Waiting on the next hand.......

Let's all give Geno a "hand"

maxresdefault.jpg

Put up some impressive FIBA numbers this summer on her way to tournament MVP honors, hitting 57% of her 2-pt shots:
Jordan HORSTON at the FIBA U17 Women's Basketball World Cup 2018 - FIBA.basketball
Jordan Horston named U17 Women’s World Cup TISSOT MVP, leads All-Star Five

Led her team and was 2nd overall (out of 173 players) in efficiency...also 2nd overall in assists and 1st in steals per game:
Players statistics of the FIBA U17 Women's Basketball World Cup 2018 - FIBA.basketball

Welcome,Jordan! We look forward to you taking the floor for the Lady Vols. And for you Nega's who clutter a "welcome to a new Lady Vol" forum with snide remarks about coaching,one would think Jordan and her family evaluated coaching before making a decision. She and they took Holly over geeno. Should at least give you food for thought.
Hi, Ben. Hope all is going well🙏🙏🙏.

Top ranked point guard? Don't mind if we do.

Great job bringing that home, Tennessee. Especially the coaches. To continue to recruit at the top -- great job.

Morning all! Great news. I was just thinking we are fairly loaded in the backcourt. It will be interesting to see how minutes will be distributed.
I was curious to those who are familiar with Jordan’s game. I don’t want to create any drama. But Evina was also a top recruit coming out of high school. I believe the top guard. But my question is who do you believe is better ? Sorry I’m not sure how else to word this question without it sounding like I’m putting them against one another.
Evina or Jordan?

Ksl415 - my response is always to recognize the opportunities on defense. a flowing bench of tall athletic six foot lengthy guard/wings can become ultimate team defense. Getting stops is a team effort. 40 minutes of defense at the LV level not the level of the competition is what is possible, now and going forward.

Morning all! Great news. I was just thinking we are fairly loaded in the backcourt. It will be interesting to see how minutes will be distributed.
I was curious to those who are familiar with Jordan’s game. I don’t want to create any drama. But Evina was also a top recruit coming out of high school. I believe the top guard. But my question is who do you believe is better ? Sorry I’m not sure how else to word this question without it sounding like I’m putting them against one another.
Evina or Jordan?

I watched Horston in the U17 tournament, where she was the MVP. She did everything on the court but was especially great on D.
She even jumped center !!! There weren't any negatives to her game during that tournament. Passing, shooting, both team and individual defense and rebounding all were among the best on the team. She was VERY impressive. As far as who will run the team ? Evina will have 2 years of experience when Horston gets here. I think that will be the deciding factor.

I watched Horston in the U17 tournament, where she was the MVP. She did everything on the court but was especially great on D.
She even jumped center !!! There weren't any negatives to her game during that tournament. Passing, shooting, both team and individual defense and rebounding all were among the best on the team. She was VERY impressive. As far as who will run the team ? Evina will have 2 years of experience when Horston gets here. I think that will be the deciding factor.
Jordon can play 1-4

Yep. Doesn't matter how much it happens, it still amazes me how some of our fans just can't refrain from throwing criticism evev in the midst of good news.

Not throwing criticism but we have been down this road with talent.

Bottom Line: Coaching, and Coaching the talent you have....CHW has not got it.

Reactions: Manning Up
There IS one major flaw in this player -- and it's a biggie: She hasn't graduated high school yet and we won't get to see her play in TBA for another year! :eek:

But seriously, Holly and staff (and Pat) have done an excellent job attracting championship-quality players, and the hardest thing about being a fan sometimes is waiting to see what each player will add to the program's legacy. We've got some great ones on the team NOW, and secured for the future. I love it! :D

If Annie was still on the team do y’all think she would have came here?

Annie Who ? Just kidding... As others will attest that I have been concerned about recruiting going into these next few years. My concern was mainly due to Annie and her THREE siblings that had a promise of scholarship consideration. Now .... not an issue ! She and her sisters are gone so says her parents.

To answer your question. By Annie leaving, she left a guard spot open and more room for playing time. Since the three Amigos ( Horston, Cooke , Jackson ) all three came to UT on their official visit Together... They also visited South Carolina and other schools together. However, Horston went to other schools on her own! That being said: there is definitely a correlation between the three ladies. If we could get the other two ???? What a haul of top ten recruits and a top five recruiting class for THREE years in a row!!! WOW...... If Annie was still here at UT! I don’t think this would be possible! JMO

VN Store

Back