Honors Two Vol Players!!

Wrangler95

Defensive Line Player of the Week – Kyle Phillips , DE, Tennessee

• Career-high nine tackles, half-sack, forced fumble that led to TD in 30-24 upset victory at No. 21 Auburn.
  • Senior defensive end Kyle Phillips totaled a career-high and a team-best nine tackles to go along with a half-sack and a forced fumble in the 30-24 upset victory for the Vols at No. 21 Auburn.
  • Phillips forced Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham to fumble late in the third quarter and Alontae Taylor scooped up the loose ball for a touchdown to extend the Vols’ lead to 27-17.
Co-Offensive Player of the Week – Jarrett Guarantano, QB, Tennessee

• Tallied career highs in passing yards (328), attempts (32) and completions (21) while tossing two touchdowns in a 30-24 upset victory at No. 21 Auburn.
  • Redshirt sophomore quarterback Jarrett Guarantano led Tennessee to its first win at Auburn in 20 years with a career day that included 328 yards and two touchdowns on 21-of-32 attempts.
  • Guarantano was 11-of-14 on third down, including 8-of-8 on third-and-8 or longer.
  • The victory snapped an 11-game SEC losing streak for the Vols and gave UT an upset victory over a ranked team on the road for the first time since 2006.
Andrew Olson Article

I saw several players that done well. As mentioned Kyle Phillips had a great game. Also on defense I thought Warrior had a good game along with Thompson. Bain is showing up and A Johnson. All the receivers done very well and JG looked the part. I like Ty A lot, I was beginning to think Jordon would be the man but he don't have the vision that Ty has. Feel bad for Kongbo. It was a good team effort with still improvement to be made. It makes me happy for the Coaches, team and fans. Plus I am happy for AD Fulmer, in my opinion he was mistreated by UT but I guess there were things I may not be aware of. I just know he loves UT.

Reactions: volsrock09
I saw several players that done well. As mentioned Kyle Phillips had a great game. Also on defense I thought Warrior had a good game along with Thompson. Bain is showing up and A Johnson. All the receivers done very well and JG looked the part. I like Ty A lot, I was beginning to think Jordon would be the man but he don't have the vision that Ty has. Feel bad for Kongbo. It was a good team effort with still improvement to be made. It makes me happy for the Coaches, team and fans. Plus I am happy for AD Fulmer, in my opinion he was mistreated by UT but I guess there were things I may not be aware of. I just know he loves UT.

To me Alexis Johnson has become the center piece. He disrupts a lot of plays at the line. He's been a great surprise after the former Car Salesman seemed to not want to play him. If we had just one player that could start drawing a double team, that might really change the face of the D-line. In this game, you could see the D-line really starting to feed of each others energy. Pruitt's installing that "never" quit attitude. They may get beat once or twice but, play after play, they're keep coming.

The win over Auburn was a true team effort and it will resonate with individual confidence of each player
Hopefully this team builds on the Auburn road win
Go Vols

Thought our kicker should have got some at-a-boy recognition. I guess the block FG knocked him out of it.
Yeah both Cimaglia (spell check) and Doyle are good players and I have confidence in both of them. Plus we will have them a few years.

VN Store

Back