Help Us Bring Back The Battle For The Beer Barrel!

You know why they stopped the tradition right? Some kentucky football players were killed in a drunk driving accident.

Yep, following the vandy UK game the week before.

Wait I thought some vandy players/fans had died in that too, am I mistaken?

Yep, following the vandy UK game the week before.

Wait I thought some vandy players/fans had died in that too, am I mistaken?

no it was a kentucky player and a friend who was a student at eastern kentucky
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Beer is evil! It corrupts young men and women' mind! Ever since we took away that heinous trophy, which sole purpose was to tolerate and promote drinking beer, we have significantly curtailed the underage drinking both on campus and during the game. Keep the damm trophy away!

Reactions: 1 person
Fill it up with Orange Kool-aid instead of brew if it is still a sensitive issue... just bring it back!!! It's an icon.

Wasn't it some kid drank all night, got up drunk to go deer hunting w/ buddies and ran off the road?

Oh right because if they bring it back college kids might start drinking! What a joke

Well why do you think they broke tradition? Because some KY players got liquored up...wrecked....died.....then the barrel went into storage.....you know good and well that if they brought it back out that there would be a bunch of Obama supporters protesting and calling the ACLU over it....

Well why do you think they broke tradition? Because some KY players got liquored up...wrecked....died.....then the barrel went into storage.....you know good and well that if they brought it back out that there would be a bunch of Obama supporters protesting and calling the ACLU over it....

Oh it's the barrels fault. The barrel made them drink and drive

Reactions: 1 person

No one gives a sh!t about your political views. cant we leave all that elsewhere. I dont think obama,mcpalin,bush,fdr or anyone else has anything to do with the beer barrel.

Just hate seeing people try to bring up politics in these threads.

I bet the dooley haters love castro. OK?

The anti drinking evangelicals are not democrats my fellow VOL. :hi:

Well I wasn't really referring so much to democrats in general with the comment as much as I was the politically correct crowd of the ACLU types....the protestors....the complainers....don't hurt anyone's feelings crowd. I didn't realize I was gonna hurt poor little brianslanders feelings.....he must be a little touchy and regretting his vote

You ever here the story about the fisherman that would take his baptist friend with him fishing? Every time he took him, the baptist would end up drinking all of his beer to the point of extreme intoxication....until one day he figured out how to make him stop.....the fisherman invited another baptist to come along with them

Well I wasn't really referring so much to democrats in general with the comment as much as I was the politically correct crowd of the ACLU types....the protestors....the complainers....don't hurt anyone's feelings crowd. I didn't realize I was gonna hurt poor little brianslanders feelings.....he must be a little touchy and regretting his vote

My feelings arent hurt pickens and wasnt tryin to pick a fight. I just know these threads go downhill after politics is brought up. Clay Travis for president! kidding. im kidding

Can't have the Beer Barrel but yet they'll offer a special John Calipari Maker's Mark Bourbon. I really hate everything about Kentucky. I would not piss on the state if it was on fire.

coach-cal.jpg

I thought I post a picture of a small Beer Barrel Im workin' on. Its a 5L Oak barrel that I have painted over the last few days. I still have to add the scores and the years played and thats going to take a while. I added a jar of Popcorn Suttons corn likker to the picture to show you the size of the barrel. I post more pics when Im done.
Does anyone out there in VN know or have pics of what the ends of the real barrel looks like??? Iv looked around but no luck so far. GBO

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back