Has JJ Peterson been at any practices?

Losing two of your top recruits is not helping the rebuilding effort. Coaching going to be even more important.

Reactions: tbh
Perhaps that 5star linebacker actually did his work to make himself academically eligible.....unlike JJ Peterson.

In a way that is how we got Ale Kaho. It had more to do with Washington's academic institutional policies than the NCAA rules. Kaho could get into most other institutions and he didn't want to wait and try to qualify at Washington. Alabama was the other school when it came down to signing with the Huskies.

Coach Saban gave him a call after his release and let him know he was welcomed in Tuscaloosa. It isn't often that you get 24/7 #1 ILB during fall camp.

Losing two of your top recruits is not helping the rebuilding effort. Coaching going to be even more important.

We can’t let this type of thing happen. We’ll never close the gap on the elite schools operating like this.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
We can’t let this type of thing happen. We’ll never close the gap on the elite schools operating like this.

Not sure I understand. How is a kid messing up academically the Vols' fault? There is absolutely nothing UT can do if a kid either doesn't get ready to or can't qualify. That's not on the Vols. His issue has nothing to do with how the Vols are "operating."

Instead of being distracted by a player who isn't here for whatever reason, I trust the staff is focused on the players who actually made it to Knoxville. Don't get me wrong, I think this kid is talented and would likely be a help to the team. I'd rather have him here than not. But, until he does what he is supposed to do and qualifies, he's just a distraction.

giphy.gif

Not sure I understand. How is a kid messing up academically the Vols' fault? There is absolutely nothing UT can do if a kid either doesn't get ready to or can't qualify. That's not on the Vols. His issue has nothing to do with how the Vols are "operating."

Instead of being distracted by a player who isn't here for whatever reason, I trust the staff is focused on the players who actually made it to Knoxville. Don't get me wrong, I think this kid is talented and would likely be a help to the team. I'd rather have him here than not. But, until he does what he is supposed to do and qualifies, he's just a distraction.

The coaches have a responsibility to recruit players that can qualify. If they recruit a borderline case then they need to micromanage his acceptance all the way through. If the player isn’t doing what it takes you find out a way to help motivate. Not qualifying your highest rated recruit is absolutely on the coaches.

The coaches have a responsibility to recruit players that can qualify. If they recruit a borderline case then they need to micromanage his acceptance all the way through. If the player isn’t doing what it takes you find out a way to help motivate. Not qualifying your highest rated recruit is absolutely on the coaches.
So coaching search in TWO years huh? 😉

Yeaaaaaaahhhhh........no. I am not even sure that they can do that legally are you?

Wow - he must truly be an idiot then. Rules are bent and an insane amount of hoops jumped through to get these guys "eligible, and here we are a couple weeks from the start of the season and they still can't do it for him.
UT doesn't use exceptions for qualifications. This was discussed in a previous thread.

You didn't answer the question. GA's work with enrolled players. Are you saying that our GA's can legally go to the HS and help him finish classwork and pass the SAT/ACT?
No they can't, it's not on the coaches. If he can't qualify it's his own fault. However I think he gets here

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
UT doesn't use exceptions for qualifications. This was discussed in a previous thread.
Yeah, right. They can say whatever. Kids with these types of talent get second, third, fourth chances and get benefits of the doubt nobody else does. If JJ wasn't a great high school football player, he'd be flipping burgers at McDonald's right now.

You didn't answer the question. GA's work with enrolled players. Are you saying that our GA's can legally go to the HS and help him finish classwork and pass the SAT/ACT?

I’m not saying that at all. Either you have a GA or the lowest man on the coaching totem pole calling JJ everyday annoying him into completing his work. If that doesn’t work you escalate.

I’m not saying that at all. Either you have a GA or the lowest man on the coaching totem pole calling JJ everyday annoying him into completing his work. If that doesn’t work you escalate.
Escalate to what? If the kid won’t do the work then beat him? Take away his car? Kill his parents?

This is all on the kid. How do you know CJP didn’t send him all the help available? I’m sure now he’s getting all the help possible and he still isn’t here. It’s all on JJ now

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Like that would really work, kid would just turn off his phone

VN Store

Back