GOP continues to decline

Look, I was where you at in 2001, I thought getting Bush in the White House with a Republican Congress and this country was going to finally see the kind of change the people had been begging for. Reform to social security, reduced govt spending and lower taxes. But they just backed wrecked the country.

They've made mistake after mistake, as long as you keep returning them to office there is no accountability.

what kind of "change" was the country begging for during the 2000 election? Had Clinton been eligible for a third term, he would have won going away. I voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004 because I felt he was the better of two really bad choices.

what we're going through now will always get put at Bush's feet. Just remember he had a lot of help, especially from "moderate" Republicans, you know, the kind Meghan McCain and Colin Powell wish there were more of.

also, don't forget what happened in 2006. What did the democrats, with majorities in both Houses, do? What did they propose to do about the looming subprime mortgage mess? What did they do to reign in the derivatives market or the mortgage backed securities trading?

So he has pleased you on something he has not accomplished yet, nice.

But another issue is spending. You cried and cried over Bush on this issue. Now it seems to be a non-problem.

Your so full of it. When have I said I did not have a problem with his spending? And voting Republican would have solved the spending problem when they doubled the national debt over the last 8 years, I guess.

what kind of "change" was the country begging for during the 2000 election? Had Clinton been eligible for a third term, he would have won going away. I voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004 because I felt he was the better of two really bad choices.

what we're going through now will always get put at Bush's feet. Just remember he had a lot of help, especially from "moderate" Republicans, you know, the kind Meghan McCain and Colin Powell wish there were more of.

also, don't forget what happened in 2006. What did the democrats, with majorities in both Houses, do? What did they propose to do about the looming subprime mortgage mess? What did they do to reign in the derivatives market or the mortgage backed securities trading?

The democrats are indefensable. They are no better then the Republicans when it comes to spending.

There has to be some kind of change in this country, as long as people expect the govt to solve all their problems its not going to happen. Govt is not going to solve anybody's problems.

There has to be some kind of change in this country, as long as people expect the govt to solve all their problems its not going to happen. Govt is not going to solve anybody's problems.

I agree . . . but how do you get to the above statement while maintaining the jury is still out on the guy who is taking government to places never seen before and whose next move is to take government into the healthcare arena?

Last edited:
Your so full of it. When have I said I did not have a problem with his spending? And voting Republican would have solved the spending problem when they doubled the national debt over the last 8 years, I guess.

Did you vote for Obama? If so, you said you did not have a problem with his spending.

Nope, never said it would.

I agree . . . but how do you get to the above statement while maintaining the jury is still out on the guy who is taking government to places never seen before and whose next move is to take government into the healthcare arena?

I thought Bush was doing a good job after his first 100 days in office, as did most people. Most of us admit we were wrong and had no idea how poor a President he would be. That's why I say its too early to tell with BO.

I think the founders had the right idea, that is a President has 4 years to demonstrate his ability as President, or he loses re-election.

99.9% of the public has a problem with his spending. I dont have any idea where you coming from here.

No they don't. He won the popular vote, remember? Anyone not knowing he was going to spend like this, is a rather naive/foolish voter.

No they don't. He won the popular vote, remember? Anyone not knowing he was going to spend like this is a naive fool.

your unedited quote makes a great point, but I couldn't help but "enhance" it to an even more pragmatic sentiment.

VN Store

Back