Georgia is Tennessee’s new Florida

Some here are mistakenly saying we will want to beat UGA more than UF. no I know that UF and Bama are our biggest rivals. What I’m saying is that UGA has supplanted UF as the best team in the eAst and with their recruitment levels they are expected to be first in the east for the foreseeable future so everybody will be chasing them for first,not UF.

When the divisions came to be, it was us and Florida for so long.
And, when expansion came, newcomer Mizzou took advantage of a weak east that nobody seemed to want.
But, now, it looks like that Georgia finally has their act together. They have recruited like the best Auburn look alike bagman would blush over. They are loaded and look to be so under Smart for the foreseeable future.
Meanwhile, Florida continues to run in place and Mullen doesn’t seem to be a recruiting juggernaut.

So, instead of us chasing Florida it looks like it will be Georgia.
Of course, right now we are chasing everyone.
But, I think that will change in a few years.
I think Pruitt has the right staff to get us the talent to go head to head with Georgia in a few years.
At least, we all hope so.

I respect your position but I couldn't disagree more.

I will never never NEVER hate another team the way I hate Florida. I dislike UGA. I really don't care for Vandy. I can do without Bama, but I utterly LOATHE Florida. My contempt for the Gators is unrivaled, unhealthy and irrational at times and that will never change.

Last edited:
Title makes no sense. We only beat Florida one time in last 13 years. We need to start dominating small potatoes before we talk about Georgia. Georgia as of now is on different level than rest of east.

UT has fallen, but never, and I mean never, compare UT to Vanderbilt. UT could go 0-12, but will still be Vanderbilt's daddy.

Lol. Sorry but you need to get with modern times. Vandy has beaten us 4 put of the last 6 years. Vandy can talk trash about us. They have a 2 year winning streak aganst us. This whole we are Tennessee mantra needs to stop. We havent been that TN in over a decade.

You were not around when Bama was beating us every year and then we had them beat and let some schmuck run around the right end for a 2 point conversion and a tie!!! Those years sucked far worse then the Spurrier years
I beg to differ

Can't spell Citrus without UT.

Going up 30-14 only to loose 62-37 in 95.

35-0 in a blink of an eye in 96

Peyton getting owned

Jamal Lewis inches short in 99

Gaffney non catch TD in 2000

Most fumbled snaps I've ever seen in 2002

Choking and losing by 1 point 2014 2015

Oh and losing on a freaking hail mary last year

Naw, Bama will never earn the level of hate Florida has from me.

Reactions: VolinMC and SDV
Title makes no sense. We only beat Florida one time in last 13 years. We need to start dominating small potatoes before we talk about Georgia. Georgia as of now is on different level than rest of east.

The title was meant to say that Florida has been the most dominant team in the East for the majority of the years since we got divisions.
But, now, UGA is that team.
That’s all I was saying or trying to say.
All 6 teams have nowhere near Georgias talent and their commitments for 2019.
They are NOW what Florida used to be in the East.

Yall remember all the trash talk Florida players spewed on College Gameday back in the 90s? They knew they were in our heads and taunted us to no end. That's the reason I hate Florida so much. They have always seemed to live in our coaches and players heads rent free. Hell they do mine

Reactions: VolinMC and SDV
Vandy has a really good QB and as much as we hate to admit a pretty good defensive coach. But that is about it. They may beat us this year, particularly if we have a lot of injuries to the OL by that point...but it will be the last for a long, long, time. Bet we will start another 20+ year run from 2019 on.

I see Missouri as being the actual replacement to the Florida achilles heel. A team that TN should theoretically be at least on even footing with in terms of talent but finds a way to lose more years than they win. The rest dominate TN at the moment, and if Vandy were to win 12 in a row or even 5-6, TN would most certainly not be their or anyone else's daddy. Team can't back up posterboard BS. But we're 11th, so someone is quite content with the present results. Buy those tickets!

I beg to differ

Can't spell Citrus without UT.

Going up 30-14 only to loose 62-37 in 95.

35-0 in a blink of an eye in 96

Peyton getting owned

Jamal Lewis inches short in 99

Gaffney non catch TD in 2000

Most fumbled snaps I've ever seen in 2002

Choking and losing by 1 point 2014 2015

Oh and losing on a freaking hail mary last year

Naw, Bama will never earn the level of hate Florida has from me.

Did you have to bring up the 95 game? Now my stomach hurts...

Vandy has a really good QB and as much as we hate to admit a pretty good defensive coach. But that is about it. They may beat us this year, particularly if we have a lot of injuries to the OL by that point...but it will be the last for a long, long, time. Bet we will start another 20+ year run from 2019 on.

Shurmur isnt a really good QB.

When the divisions came to be, it was us and Florida for so long.
And, when expansion came, newcomer Mizzou took advantage of a weak east that nobody seemed to want.
But, now, it looks like that Georgia finally has their act together. They have recruited like the best Auburn look alike bagman would blush over. They are loaded and look to be so under Smart for the foreseeable future.
Meanwhile, Florida continues to run in place and Mullen doesn’t seem to be a recruiting juggernaut.

So, instead of us chasing Florida it looks like it will be Georgia.
Of course, right now we are chasing everyone.
But, I think that will change in a few years.
I think Pruitt has the right staff to get us the talent to go head to head with Georgia in a few years.
At least, we all hope so.
We have beat UGA 2 out of 3 years with Butch Jones but have still only beat FL 1 out of 3 so....

Reactions: dduncan4163
We have beat UGA 2 out of 3 years with Butch Jones but have still only beat FL 1 out of 3 so....
True....but the trend lines are heading in the opposite direction.
I hate UGA and their fans but the realistic football fan in me sees what Smart is building in Athens and it scares the hell outta me as a Vol.

Oh I want my Vols to wipe that sh** eating grin off Mullen's face next week so damn much. Oh how sweet it would be to run them out of Neyland in a 1990 fashion.

If Pruitt can beat them on his first try give that man a raise, extension and a statue and I'm only half joking.
You forgot, name a street after him too!

Reactions: dduncan4163

VN Store

Back