Game Thread Lady Vols Softball NCAA Super REGIONALS

A lot of people thought the championship series would include a team from the state of Florida. Probably not many thought that team would be FSU.

FSU had a slapper that stepped way out of the box every AB. Never called. Same for Oregon. Not sure it has been called at all during the WCWS.

They need to eliminate the new rule since it's obvious that it can't be consistently enforced. Same thing for leaping. Letting Barnhill crowhop is unfair. Just eliminate the rule and level the playing field.

Reactions: 1 person
FSU had a slapper that stepped way out of the box every AB. Never called. Same for Oregon. Not sure it has been called at all during the WCWS.

They need to eliminate the new rule since it's obvious that it can't be consistently enforced. Same thing for leaping. Letting Barnhill crowhop is unfair. Just eliminate the rule and level the playing field.

Agree the umps must have an agenda. Nothing is consistent

The part I don't like about the rule is any part of the foot out of the box and your out. The rule should be your entire foot must be out of the box then the rule would eventually go away. We also need challenges like baseball with each team getting three challenges in a game. I'd really like for coaches to be able to call teams on some particular things that their pitchers and hitters do during games.

Reactions: 1 person
The part I don't like about the rule is any part of the foot out of the box and your out. The rule should be your entire foot must be out of the box then the rule would eventually go away. We also need challenges like baseball with each team getting three challenges in a game. I'd really like for coaches to be able to call teams on some particular things that their pitchers and hitters do during games.

No challenges. Better rules and better umps.

No challenges. Better rules and better umps.

Speaking of better umps. Anybody watching the WS? UW pitcher put one right down the middle of plate for what should've been the 3rd strike and 3rd out of the inning. All the players you could see started toward the dugout. Ump called it a ball and the next pitch was hit for a 2-run HR. Wow.

So the ACC Florida State takes on the title they certainly earned it taking out both UCLA and Washington.

VN Store

Back