'19 GA WR Ramel Keyton (Tennessee signee)

I know we tease about 40 times but couldn't find his. Was just wondering if he has speed we need for deep threat? Not questioning this kids talent just was wondering.

I know we tease about 40 times but couldn't find his. Was just wondering if he has speed we need for deep threat? Not questioning this kids talent just was wondering.
I don't think anyone will tell you he's a burner... But he has some speed and is pretty polished as a wide out already. Tall, rangy and can sperate...

Reactions: Orange Studs
I don't think anyone will tell you he's a burner... But he has some speed and is pretty polished as a wide out already. Tall, rangy and can sperate...

Well we do need WR's that can catch the ball for sure. lol I know the CP is looking for a burner and we need one but you still got to have those reliable WR who make the tough catches across the middle on 3 rd down's.

I've seen a bunch of Keyton film... dunno his 40 time but he's definitely quick enough and runs really nice polished routes... he pulls away in open field vs 7A Georgia players but probably won't in SEC play... I'd say he's fast enough to not get run down by SEC safeties when he turns open field gear on judging strictly from film, prolly a ~4.5 guy...

That being said, being quick and running crisp routes is more important than straight-line fast to create separation in SEC play... there's lots of DBs that run 4.4s that ain't catching a 4.5 guy if they get shook

Also, keep in mind 40 times for guys that don't run track are going to be inflated due to initial burst off the line not being a natural skill

From the Marietta Daily Journal: Bailey was the beneficiary, finishing 30-of-47 for a career-high and team-record 478 yards. Taji Johnson added 82 yards, while Ramel Keyton caught four passes for 44 before going down in the first half with a leg injury that was later described as a bruise.

From the Marietta Daily Journal: Bailey was the beneficiary, finishing 30-of-47 for a career-high and team-record 478 yards. Taji Johnson added 82 yards, while Ramel Keyton caught four passes for 44 before going down in the first half with a leg injury that was later described as a bruise.
Hope it is just a bruise. Those high ankle sprains can take some time to get over, I think more so than a break. Here is to him healing up fast!

Ramel Keyton still is hearing from at least a few other colleges, one of which recently hosted him for a game, and at least one team is trying to convince him to back out on his commitment to Tennessee. But after being committed to the Vols for almost five months, he now can’t envision himself deciding to play for anyone else.

“I’m not going to flip,” said Keyton, a four-star senior wide receiver from Marietta (Ga.) High School. “I’m in too deep, is how I would say it. I’m too committed. I mean, I knew it wasn’t going to be, like, a perfect record or something because it’s the first year, so I know they’re going to go through some stuff,” Keyton said. “I don’t care about the wins and losses. I’m just going there so we can win more games. “I see they need more playmakers at receiver. I can fit in like that.”

While Keyton said he has “heard a little bit” from the Bulldogs, his contact with them has been “not, like, to get me to flip to them or nothing. I hear the most, probably, from Auburn and then Florida, then Georgia,” he said. Despite Auburn’s continued pursuit of him, he said he will “probably not” take an official visit there. “Coach (Kodi) Burns, he’s trying to get me to flip over there,” Keyton said, referring to the Tigers’ wide receivers coach and co-offensive coordinator. “But I don’t really like Auburn like that.”

For now, Keyton primarily is focused on getting healthy. He said he suffered “a little fracture” in his ankle last week during Marietta’s 36-14 win over North Paulding High School of Dallas, Ga. He said the injury is “not that bad,” and he has been told he “can be back by November” and he “can still play, probably, the last regular-season game and the playoffs.”

He said he’s also trying to convince at least a couple of his teammates to join him at Tennessee, and he believes there’s “a good chance” the Vols ultimately could land Marietta’s quarterback, four-star Class of 2020 prospect Harrison Bailey. “Harrison, it’s between us and Michigan,” Keyton said. There’s “a good chance” Keyton will be an early enrollee at Tennessee, he said, if everything goes according to plan. “I’m taking a class to early enroll, so it’s like, if I pass it, then I’m going to early enroll,” Keyton said, adding that he’s hoping to join the Vols in January “just to get in better with the offense and, like, really learn the playbook and stuff.”

-Callahan

Glad he’s willing to help rebuild our program.
yep. him, Wanya, Jackson....all of those guys. i do thinmk for the most part, this classs is full of guys that probably do want to be here and be part of buidling it back up.

good foundation to build from. and hopefully it'll do nothing but get better.

VN Store

Back