'19 GA WR Ramel Keyton (Tennessee signee)

Had 2 ineligible players. Out of district kids. Parents taught school in the district but didn't teach at Marietta High making them ineligible to play for Marietta.

I think the ruling may end up being overturned. Both kids have parents that teach at Marietta elementary schools which allows them to attend Marietta City schools, but under a GHSA rule they aren't allowed to play sports. The head of the GHSA said he wasn't even sure why it was a rule, but it is. It may end up being changed.

I think the ruling may end up being overturned. Both kids have parents that teach at Marietta elementary schools which allows them to attend Marietta City schools, but under a GHSA rule they aren't allowed to play sports. The head of the GHSA said he wasn't even sure why it was a rule, but it is. It may end up being changed.
I know that Marietta has gone big time into recruiting football players from around North and Mid State Georgia. They now have a number of D1 football players on their team. They may have run into some problems with their recruiting methods.

keyton.jpg

Ramel Keyton is a wide receiver for Marietta High School, and he has been chosen for the AJC's 2018 Super 11. Keyton says his family is his main motivator on and off the field. "I'm doing it for them."
Ramel Keyton, Marietta

Morgan cited Keyton’s 6-foot-3 frame, route running, confidence and knowledge of Marietta’s offense as a whole as key factors in his ability to line him up either on the outside or in the slot to create mismatches against opposing defenses. “I think Ramel is the most dominant receiver in the state, and I think he’s proven that year after year,” Morgan said. “Stats don’t lie, and the impact he’s had on our games is very apparent.”
Dynamite Dozen: Marietta’s Ramel Keyton eager to be part of multi-faceted offense

Last edited:
Rome were loaded last year. I'm pretty sure they had at least 2 players we were in on in recruiting (one was committed to UT) and a third had D1 offers. Should be a fun game

VN Store

Back