'19 GA TE Sean Brown (Tennessee signee)

Impact Analysis

BROWN'S SCOUTING REPORT

"They are getting a young man that just loves to play the game. A young man that is a student of the game and kid with great hands a great attitude. I'm excited to see where he will will be four years from now.

"We play him as an H-Back and move him around where people can't bracket him and get mismatches. He also played defensive end for us and we was voted as the Region Defensive Player of the Year by the Region coaches. The last two years, he's had a tipped interception for a touchdown from the defensive end position. He's got quick hands and he's got good instincts.

"He's really starting to learn how to use his hands and be a physical player in that aspect, but he's still young. He just turned 17 last month. I look for him to hit another growth spurt. I could see him being a 260-tight end. He's sitting at 244 right now. He's still learning and his best football is ahead of him."

— Todd Wheeler, Coosa High Head Coach

Reactions: 4 people
More from the Impact Analysis

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR TENNESSEE?

The commitment of Sean Brown means Tennessee is done with the tight end position for the 2019 class.

The Vols were already heavy in the tight end room on numbers, but Pruitt and company felt the need for two bigger bodied tight ends in this class and they got the top two on their board. Credit Niedermeyer, who has shown an early ability to connect with prospects as an up and coming bright offensive assistant.

Tennessee has now beaten out Auburn on three prospects in 2019 after struggling against the Tigers on the recruiting trail for about a decade. They will have another battle with the program on the plains next week when wide receiver Ramel Keyton makes his decision between the two schools. Tennessee is also showing a strong presence in Georgia which will prove pivotal to Pruitt's success early at Tennessee.

After a slow start, Tennessee has picked up a solid amount of momentum heading into summer when camps start to show more pledges as prospects tire of the process and look to find a spot. Brown has his spot and it's at a school he's very happy with and one close enough to have his family attend games.

-Price

Reactions: 8 people
I’ll say it again. Had the pleasure of spending time with him and his family. Great people all around and really happy to be with this new staff....kid will bust his tail to become a real weapon.

Oh and I think I called this one a while ago as well 😀

The boomin is far from over...this thing is being strategically done on the announcement front... make no mistake about it.

Reactions: 33 people
I’ll say it again. Had the pleasure of spending time with him and his family. Great people all around and really happy to be with this new staff....kid will bust his tail to become a real weapon.

The boomin is far from over...this thing is being strategically done on the announcement front... make no mistake about it.

Giggity! Giggity!

What is up with the NPA kids? Washington, Knox, Otey?

Do you know Larry that posts in the FF and if so why the doom and gloom? And understand he has been a part of UT athletics for many years and this last decade hits closer to home for him than most, but with so much enthusiasm right now with the way things seem to be going (I know it’s early and nothing is proven) it seems he would have some renewed spirits. Just curious.

Jesse is extremely high on him, which in itself says a lot about this pickup. Said he's young for a high school senior, has a great frame and is likely nowhere close to being done growing. My guess is he will end up considerably more highly rated that he currently is as time goes along.

Reactions: 3 people

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Jesse is extremely high on him, which in itself says a lot about this pickup. Said he's young for a high school senior, has a great frame and is likely nowhere close to being done growing. My guess is he will end up considerably more highly rated that he currently is as time goes along.

Kid looks like a beast in highlights. Good DL too so you know he is physical. Those hands are huge. Should be a big time TE

but people said this staff would never do that. only butch would rely on timing.

VN Store

Back