'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

Not really the point I was making but luck also ran a lot in college. I was just shooting down the idea that luginbill or whoever it was saying that Harbaugh only likes pro style QBs and that Patterson may not start because he is dual threat. I was saying he's had success with both types.

@Sleegro , I think you missed the point a bit. Luginbill didn't say Patterson couldn't be successful there. He said he didn't think Patterson fit the Pro Style offense, and Harbaugh would have to tweak his offense to suit a DT QB. And, as you stated, Harbaugh has done that in the past.

Agree, most folks have had the same opinion.

Harbaugh made a statement about there being a real QB battle, and "It rages on".

So, Luginbills' comment was in response to being asked if UM was having a QB battle, or is it just coach speak.
He seemed adamant that if Harbaugh didn't change his offense, that Patterson would lose the QB battle.

Yeah, like Sleegro said, Harbaugh can certainly handle the DT QB. I think the question may have been; is Harbaugh willing to change his offense to fit Patterson...or try to fit Patterson to his offense.

Who knows, Patterson may flourish in either/both.

Does it involve shea Patterson and weather or not he can drop the **** back? Which has nothing to do with this kid.
The reason for that was someone said if they suck this year and we don't we'll have more hype. I said we will have hype but they aren't gonna suck. Then I was asked why I thought they would be good and I answered. So yeah, the conversation did have to do with the recruitment of bailey. But now we can have a conversation about you whining about being on topic for a couple days if you want.

I would love for us to pick up Bailey and have the problem of trying to decide which is better and who to start Maurer or Bailey

please, VN RF acts like Georgia, we have already recruited over the guys on campus with the guys who wont be here for another couple years.

I've definitely seen that a time or two on here! Too many judge players by HS stats solely, instead of the entire picture. They look at his high int total and immediately wriote him off and claim it was a depth move. Which it definitely was not. He has gotten great reviews already and will get better every day. Can't wait to see how he looks this time next year. His ceiling is as high as anybody's and Pruitt has said he's probably got the strongest arm of the group. He's just beginning to tap into his talent, just needs to continue learning how to play QB and get the reps. The new RS rule could favor him greatly. Get him in mop up duty vs our 3 bad OOC games and let him get his feet wet and make some throws. There's really not a reason to not take advantage of that with a FR QB, who is redshirting. Its a win win situation.

Wow. Smokey, u need to take a page/leaf from your namesake from the movie, "Friday" and smoke a fatty and relax. Every thread on VN gets a little off track, occasionally. It's one of the reason VN is so great, imo. But, if it bothers u so much, do what I do when it gets on my nerves ..... Ignore 'em

VN Store

Back