'19 GA OL Wanya Morris (Tennessee signee)

I thought Hall was done after this year. Did he got a medical RS?
You don’t even get to petition for those until the end of your eligibility. His first redshirt was due to medical reasons, so he qualifies.

He hadn’t played partly due to injury history. Not confident in him as a year long option...best use pencil.
That’s fair. I guess the reason i have blind confidence in him is because Pruitt pried him from Bama this summer. He must know he can play with the big boys.

That’s fair. I guess the reason i have blind confidence in him is because Pruitt pried him from Bama this summer. He must know he can play with the big boys.
When he “can play”? Yeah. That’s been the tricky part.

Most disappointing thing about Hall is he doesnt appear any bigger in his upper body than he did as a freshman. He had a full 12 months to work on that even though he had an injured knee.

Reactions: Bobo0101
the difference imo is that we have a (good/great)5 star veteran who was also projected to start. not opposed to them getting their time later, I just hope we can work them in naturally, not force them into a start.

with 2 of them it should help our chances that at least 1 is great and ready to start day 1, at RT imo. and the other can work his way up.
Morris and if we get him Wright have size already and looks they have good technique too. Both look strong so I dont know why you should wait.

Many of these o linemen will be much stronger next year after a full year in the strength program.
We hear this every year. Do people seriously believe that for the past decade we've just had this super inferior S&C program? I don't buy it. I think Butch just recruited undersized guys, and we're going to have to recruit over most of them before we can see any major progress.

The last time we were supposed to get stronger all of a sudden because we brought in Rock. What happened to that? He just didn't know how to train athletes?

We hear this every year. Do people seriously believe that for the past decade we've just had this super inferior S&C program? I don't buy it. I think Butch just recruited undersized guys, and we're going to have to recruit over most of them before we can see any major progress.

The last time we were supposed to get stronger all of a sudden because we brought in Rock. What happened to that? He just didn't know how to train athletes?

Hard to train guys when workouts are optional and players don't show

not for the last decade, but for the last 3 years, there's been little to no S&C, at least not the type that youd say translates in to competing with teams like we played last weekend and against UGA.

the budget for s&c tripled this staff vs. last.

that should tell you something. we've been woefully behind in that department for a while.

not for the last decade, but for the last 3 years, there's been little to no S&C, at least not the type that youd say translates in to competing with teams like we played last weekend and against UGA.

the budget for s&c tripled this staff vs. last.

that should tell you something. we've been woefully behind in that department for a while.

But Tennessee got a nice big building to show off.........

No but the last 2-3 years we have. The players themselves have said the weight training was a joke.

I think we could expect Kennedy to be a staple next year too. Gotta remember the guy hadn’t played football in over a year. I like Ryan Johnson a lot but he can handle top flight d linemen. I think Carvin and Hall will be reliable guys at either guard spot, and think that Carvin will grow into a monster after another year with Fitz. Jahmir as well.
Re: Carvin - I hope so. He was terrible in the first half on Saturday

Offensive line wasn’t very good under Dooley either. Even the line with Richardson, Stone, James, and Thomas (I think) wasn’t great at run blocking.

Reactions: Rejo and wmcovol

Well considering year 2 is where you see the real gains from S&C, and rock gullison was here barely even a year. He just didn’t have the time to get them right. You can’t constantly change your strength coach every year and expect to see Bama sized guys out there immediately.

VN Store

Back