'19 GA OL Wanya Morris (Tennessee signee)

Back on May 1, the five-star offensive tackle out of Loganville (Ga.) choose the Vols over the Tigers, so he was happy about Tennessee's win. He will be back in Knoxville this weekend for the Alabama game and he plans to be competing hard for Jeremy Pruitt this time a year from now.

"I say I am 1000-percent committed to Tennessee," said Morris. "There is no question, Tennessee is my school. That is where I am going no matter what.

"I am going to Tennessee. That is where I will be playing next year. That is how I feel."

Not all schools have given up regardless of how Morris feels about his commitment. He said Clemson and Ohio State along with Auburn are coming at him "hard" right now.

He has already taken his official visit to Tennessee and he is not sure if he will use all five yet, but one to Auburn could still happen.

"Auburn is still pushing for an official visit. That has not been ruled out yet. If I take one there, it will probably be in December when Owen Pappoe
(Auburn commit) takes his.

"I like it at Auburn. It is a great school and I know the coaches want me so I could end up taking an official visit there. I am still thinking about it."
If there is a threat to Tennessee, Auburn is the one most feel is that school. Morris though made it sound like there is no threat.

"I am trying to recruit players to Tennessee because that is my school," said Morris. "I want to play with the best. I am going after Jalen Curry, Khris Bogle,
of course Owen and guys like that.

"We are trying to get the best players up there, so I am recruiting my tail off. I know coach Pruitt is going to turn things around.
--Simmons

It's funny Lampley said last week that they were still really working on Bogle/Curry. We've pretty much written Bogle off and I don't think the staff is that interested in Curry anymore.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Serious question....comes down to end of Nov, early Dec and coaches have the board pretty well set with 'their guys.' But, here comes calls from some of our top guys that they have ??? ready to flip except coaches have recruited over ???. How do you tell top guys "thanks but we don't want/need ??? without damaging relationships?

Serious question....comes down to end of Nov, early Dec and coaches have the board pretty well set with 'their guys.' But, here comes calls from some of our top guys that they have ??? ready to flip except coaches have recruited over ???. How do you tell top guys "thanks but we don't want/need ??? without damaging relationships?

Isn't that the dilemma...

I would think that the players' recruitment of their friends would be a common talking point in their conversations with the staff. As such, I would assume that coaches communicate with these players what their current level of interest is in the players they're recruiting. With good, open communication, that issue should be avoidable.

Good problem to have. Much better than no top guys interested in us.

Reactions: RollerVol
I would think that the players' recruitment of their friends would be a common talking point in their conversations with the staff. As such, I would assume that coaches communicate with these players what their current level of interest is in the players they're recruiting. With good, open communication, that issue should be avoidable.
Just hope we have that problem !!!

Reactions: SweetasSoda

I hope the UT has that problem.

Vol recruiting reports

giphy.gif

You take the best players you can fit into the class, bottom line. This is business. You would be doing a huge disservice to everyone in the program by not taking a better recruit out of loyalty to a kid who is already committed. It sucks but at the end of the day they can decommit just as easily. He only exception is when their isn’t a huge difference in talent, in which case you stick with the kid you already have imo

Thats the huge dilemma in recruiting. And its unfortunate because to win at a high level, you have to take the best players you can get. Many times that leads to screwing committed players over. Recruiting is very cutthroat.

Not looking good regarding Crouch, he said his new top 2 are the other orange (Clemson) and Michigan. A lot can change if we finish strong!

I'm fine with that, as long as we can land Darnell Wright. If we can get our o-line squared away with the signatures of Morris and Wright, UT will look so much better next year! JMO

I'm fine with that, as long as we can land Darnell Wright. If we can get our o-line squared away with the signatures of Morris and Wright, UT will look so much better next year! JMO
I agree. I also Want some more playmakers as well. Guess I’m being greedy, an Oline Will turn things around in a big way! Wish we could land Moore and Boghle as well for the other side!

Reactions: TennMan101

I'm all for signing these big uglies with lots of promise but please remember, they will be freshmen playing in the SEC. That's not good. It's a great start to building the foundation for the future but it ain't gonna mean squat for next year. If we go up against our SEC schedule, with two or three freshmen starting in our OL, we will be in deep dodo.

Reactions: kennedy262
I'm all for signing these big uglies with lots of promise but please remember, they will be freshmen playing in the SEC. That's not good. It's a great start to building the foundation for the future but it ain't gonna mean squat for next year. If we go up against our SEC schedule, with two or three freshmen starting in our OL, we will be in deep dodo.

You might want to get your shovel out and start digging cause these Freshman coming in will probably be better than anything we got now on the OL.

You might want to get your shovel out and start digging cause these Freshman coming in will probably be better than anything we got now on the OL.

I don't have any doubt that they are better than what we have now. They're still gonna be freshmen playing the most important position of need. We're not gonna beat many SEC teams playing a bunch of freshmen. I live in reality not a dream world. We've got two freshmen starting in our back end right now but they're struggling with SEC offenses. I know you have to start some freshmen when you're building a foundation but that's not a recipe for instant wins.

Trey did it in his freshman season..... all over the front line I might add. We sould be fine, we are literally bringing in a full line on both sides of the ball. Can only get better than what we have now honestly.

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back