'19 GA ATH Owen Pappoe (Auburn signee)

If he puts on a little weight, he could be considered as Dat Nguyen 2.0. He was a pretty good college LBer at 5'11", 238 lbs. But as many have said, he needs to put on the weight.

If he puts on a little weight, he could be considered as Dat Nguyen 2.0. He was a pretty good college LBer at 5'11", 238 lbs. But as many have said, he needs to put on the weight.
He is still in high school. He will gain weight geez. 95% of them will need to gain weight. It's a given. Who the hell would argue that they dont need to gain weight. Stoopid arguments are stoopid.

He is still in high school. He will gain weight geez. 95% of them will need to gain weight. It's a given. Who the hell would argue that they dont need to gain weight. Stoopid arguments are stoopid.
Are they really arguing about whether we should take the #11 player in the nation?

They are arguing that he is a Pygmy linebacker and can not grow anymore. Although he is 16 or 17 years old.🤣

I was not arguing that he can't grow...or add weight. I agreed with others that he needs to add weight - and compared him to Dat Nguyen. That's a compliment. I believe Pappoe is a really good player and a take for us all day. But you are too headstrong in trying to make your argument that you created your own "stoopid " post. But hey, you do you.

Are they really arguing about whether we should take the #11 player in the nation?
The No 11 player in the nation is irrelevant. Plenty of players that have busted rated that high. If he’s a priority to JP and Scherrer ( which he seems to be) then it’s a no brainer for us to to worried about his measurables.

The No 11 player in the nation is irrelevant. Plenty of players that have busted rated that high. If he’s a priority to JP and Scherrer ( which he seems to be) then it’s a no brainer for us to to worried about his measurables.
I took it was a given that our coaches want him and their evaluation should be trusted. Add TO that he is #11. Even though some of those end up being a bust, getting one will add excitement for other recruits which leads to getting more highly ranked recruits which leads to getting a team that can compete for championships.

Ok I shouldn’t have said that he’s a take if it makes Wanya happy. Morris is our top recruit and we need offensive lineman in the worst way. We need him so that’s what I was implying by “keeping him happy.”

Pappoe is obviously a tough playmaker. How do you use him? Because right now idk if he’s an every down back or if you use him in nickel or dime packages.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I took it was a given that our coaches want him and their evaluation should be trusted. Add TO that he is #11. Even though some of those end up being a bust, getting one will add excitement for other recruits which leads to getting more highly ranked recruits which leads to getting a team that can compete for championships.

Agreed

Reactions: SweetasSoda
This is such a dumb discussion tbh. The kid is a freak athlete. It doesn’t matter if he can play will lb or not, you get him on the damn team and figure it out later. He has the athleticism and height to play anywhere in the secondary if he can’t stuff the run. And he is fast as hell which is a desperate need for us rn.

Reactions: T Dog
17-year-old Owen Pappoe.... listed as 6'0"-6'1" 202-209

Past and current NFL similar height guys listed by weight:

Myles Jack - 6'1" 244
London Fletcher - 5'10" 242
Zach Thomas - 5'11" 242
NaVorro Bowman - 6'0" 242
Bobby Wagner - 6'0" 241
Ray Lewis - 6'1" 240
Al Wilson - 6'0" 240
Patrick Willis - 6'1" 240
Larry Foote - 6'1" 239
Roquan Smith - 6'1" 236
Derrick Brooks - 6'0" 235
Levonte David - 6'1" 234
Ernie Sims - 6'0" 233
Mike Singletary - 5'11" 230
Reuban Foster - 6'1" 228
Kwon Alexander - 6'1" 227

Conclusion... if we can manage to put 25 lbs of muscle on him after 4 years of college S&C (can easily be done in one, but whatever), we're already in multiple pro-bowl hall of fame height-weight NFL comps...

Calm your biscuits people

17-year-old Owen Pappoe.... listed as 6'0"-6'1" 202-209

Past and current NFL similar height guys listed by weight:

Myles Jack - 6'1" 244
London Fletcher - 5'10" 242
Zach Thomas - 5'11" 242
NaVorro Bowman - 6'0" 242
Bobby Wagner - 6'0" 241
Ray Lewis - 6'1" 240
Al Wilson - 6'0" 240
Patrick Willis - 6'1" 240
Larry Foote - 6'1" 239
Roquan Smith - 6'1" 236
Derrick Brooks - 6'0" 235
Levonte David - 6'1" 234
Ernie Sims - 6'0" 233
Mike Singletary - 5'11" 230
Reuban Foster - 6'1" 228
Kwon Alexander - 6'1" 227

Conclusion... if we can manage to put 25 lbs of muscle on him after 4 years of college S&C (can easily be done in one, but whatever), we're already in multiple pro-bowl hall of fame height-weight NFL comps...

Calm your biscuits people
Actually 247 directly compares him to Roquan smith in their evaluation on his page. So yeah....i’ll take him

I was not arguing that he can't grow...or add weight. I agreed with others that he needs to add weight - and compared him to Dat Nguyen. That's a compliment. I believe Pappoe is a really good player and a take for us all day. But you are too headstrong in trying to make your argument that you created your own "stoopid " post. But hey, you do you.
I did not quote you or say your name ya maniac

AL Wilson, Westmoreland, Simon, and Mayo were around the 5-11 to 6-1 range. And they bulked up after that got Knoxville.

VN Store

Back