Fulmer versus Alabama

That's OK if Bammers want Pruitt. They'd only consider him unless he really turned Tennessee around. And by "turned around" I don't mean 9-3 with a Citrus Bowl berth, because that isn't good enough for them. I mean 10-12 wins with SECCG appearances and probably conference titles.

If Pruitt ever left for Alabama, he'd be leaving the program in a great position in all likelihood after a run of success and we'd be in position to hire a top candidate as a replacement.

You're probably right, but that was the exact same argument everyone used for Kiffin and USC. Then USC was under threat of probation, no one would take the USC job, and Kiffin got it without proving anything as UT coach. Battered Vol Syndrome has me worried.

Phil Fulmer just OWNS the entire state of Alabama....

OWNS them.

They hate him down there....it is Great!

Copy that! I have a close work associate who's a Bammer. We talk football a lot and he's still got it in for CPF. Mentions it often about CPF turning in Bama for cheating.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
If Pruitt ever left for Alabama

Not the way to think about it. Pruitt builds success at Tennessee and has a long tenure. He raises his kids in Knoxville. His children only know Orange. He becomes truly Orange. He retires Orange. He lives out his days in East Tennessee. Orange, not crimson is his legacy.

Fulmer’s recruiting took a huge hit when Richt, Saban, and Meyer arrived. His 2008 class was a joke.

Also, Fulmer never beat Saban in Death Valley. He lost to Saban’s first LSU team down there in 2000, beat them in Knoxville in 2001, then lost in the SECCG to them that same year. So he was 1-2 against Saban in Saban’s first 2 years rebuilding LSU.

Weird... Fulmer had the no.3 rated class in the country when Hammy fired him. That class had guys like Bryce Petty and Tahj Boyd...

His recruiting was going to be just fine.

He got his a$$ handed to him twice, 41-17 and 29-9 just as Saban was getting cranked up at Bama.

Saban and Meyer had as much as anything with putting Fulmer out to pasture. Proved he was past his expiration date as a coach IMO.

Not sure I am ready to start lighting bonfires signalling a return to the glory days after a win against a flawed Auburn team.

Because we definitely hired better, glad we put him out to pasture, aren't you...

Had we kept Fulmer... we'd have dominated the East most of the past decade. Meyer gone and Florida fell. Richt is always suspect.. who would have been our challenger??.. nobody.

But sure glad we didn't get to enjoy that and instead put Phil out to pasture so we could soak in what has happened the past 10yrs. ITS BEEN GREAT

Because we definitely hired better, glad we put him out to pasture, aren't you...

Had we kept Fulmer... we'd have dominated the East most of the past decade. Meyer gone and Florida fell. Richt is always suspect.. who would have been our challenger??.. nobody.

But sure glad we didn't get to enjoy that and instead put Phil out to pasture so we could soak in what has happened the past 10yrs. ITS BEEN GREAT

I thought it was time for him to go, Hamilton thought it was time for him to go and, apparently, the rest of the NCAA thought it was time for him to go since he never got another crack at head coach.

Not interested in arguing some BS fallacy you made up that can't be proven or disproven about how good he would have been the past decade.

He got fired for being an average coach his last 5 seasons and getting destroyed by Meyer and Saban.

I thought it was time for him to go, Hamilton thought it was time for him to go and, apparently, the rest of the NCAA thought it was time for him to go since he never got another crack at head coach.

Not interested in arguing some BS fallacy you made up that can't be proven or disproven about how good he would have been the past decade.

He got fired for being an average coach his last 5 seasons and getting destroyed by Meyer and Saban.

Oh, so Hamilton is your voice of reason? Solid ground you are standing on. Explains your position clearly. The fact he had a loaded class when he was fired was, well, a fact.

I don't care if he should have or what. Its fact that even at his worst he wouldn't have had the embarrassing results we have experienced then past 10yrs against a down east.

But continue to hang your hat on how Hamilton thought it was a good idea, we all know his excellent resume quite well. Haha

He got his a$$ handed to him twice, 41-17 and 29-9 just as Saban was getting cranked up at Bama.

Saban and Meyer had as much as anything with putting Fulmer out to pasture. Proved he was past his expiration date as a coach IMO.

Not sure I am ready to start lighting bonfires signalling a return to the glory days after a win against a flawed Auburn team.

And there it is, the post that brings us all down to earth. Beautiful job, gotta keep everyone in check.

Oh, so Hamilton is your voice of reason? Solid ground you are standing on. Explains your position clearly. The fact he had a loaded class when he was fired was, well, a fact.

I don't care if he should have or what. Its fact that even at his worst he wouldn't have had the embarrassing results we have experienced then past 10yrs against a down east.

But continue to hang your hat on how Hamilton thought it was a good idea, we all know his excellent resume quite well. Haha

Never have would used Hampiton as a arguing point, poster lost it on that reference.

Reactions: GRN1926
You're probably right, but that was the exact same argument everyone used for Kiffin and USC. Then USC was under threat of probation, no one would take the USC job, and Kiffin got it without proving anything as UT coach. Battered Vol Syndrome has me worried.

Kiffin made a mistake. He’s admitted it since then.

Not the way to think about it. Pruitt builds success at Tennessee and has a long tenure. He raises his kids in Knoxville. His children only know Orange. He becomes truly Orange. He retires Orange. He lives out his days in East Tennessee. Orange, not crimson is his legacy.

Solid common sense post!

Bammers worst nightmare!

Pruitt with his Tennessee Tenacity!

VN Store

Back