Fulmer talks about Vols in Nashville

EJnXfyI.jpg

Reactions: 13 people
Great read. Glad to hear it from the man himself that this year is gonna suck so all these people predicting 8 and 9 wins can be brought back to reality.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not GLAD that UT will suck this year I'm glad and appreciate the fact that we have leaders now that acknowledge up front the reality versus Butch Jones blowing smoke up your arse pretending like everything was OK for all those years.

This way I can plan to stay at home and not be fooled into spending 100s of dollars going to Knoxville on a hope. I respect the hell out of that honesty.

Reactions: 4 people
I liked CPF in the glory days and I still like AD Fulmer. The man truly loves UT. CJP will get it done. UT will be back in short order.

Reactions: 4 people
Great read. Glad to hear it from the man himself that this year is gonna suck so all these people predicting 8 and 9 wins can be brought back to reality.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not GLAD that UT will suck this year I'm glad and appreciate the fact that we have leaders now that acknowledge up front the reality versus Butch Jones blowing smoke up your arse pretending like everything was OK for all those years.

This way I can plan to stay at home and not be fooled into spending 100s of dollars going to Knoxville on a hope. I respect the hell out of that honesty.
Where in the article did Fulmer say this year is gonna suck?

Reactions: 2 people

Anything that keeps you home should be celebrated. :clapping:

Reactions: 5 people
I was at the luncheon and he did say at beginning of spring practice they were worse than bad but things are getting better. Injured players will be back, new players coming in and current players will improve. Said he wanted to be an AD like Dickey was to him. Got there early, spent time giving fans time for pictures and autographs.

Perhaps my perspective is overly optimistic just because I am just hoping for a winning season, Lord knows we're due. Or perhaps I like setting myself up for disappointment in an unhealthy way because I have self destructive glitches in my chemistry. I believe if the players like one another on a personal level, and they like the coaches on a personal level, and believe in the offensive and defensive systems being installed, and believe in themselves, and believe that the CAN beat any opponent they face...anything is possible. Much of the battles they face in training or game time is perspective and attitude. Feed the wolf, train hard, love your brother, give your all for the orange and white.

Reactions: 7 people

Agree with most you said except I will be in Knoxville supporting my team!

Has Fulmer or anyone else said anything about kicker/punter? If TN is lousy at both those, there go two or three close games from the win column. Pruitt should know Saban never skimps on those two aspects of the roster.

Reactions: 1 person
Perhaps my perspective is overly optimistic just because I am just hoping for a winning season, Lord knows we're due. Or perhaps I like setting myself up for disappointment in an unhealthy way because I have self destructive glitches in my chemistry. I believe if the players like one another on a personal level, and they like the coaches on a personal level, and believe in the offensive and defensive systems being installed, and believe in themselves, and believe that the CAN beat any opponent they face...anything is possible. Much of the battles they face in training or game time is perspective and attitude. Feed the wolf, train hard, love your brother, give your all for the orange and white.

I would agree if they had a play maker at QB but they don't. 6-6 seems like the best this team can do with this roster and schedule.

I would agree if they had a play maker at QB but they don't. 6-6 seems like the best this team can do with this roster and schedule.

Unless CJP works miracles on both lines, your probably right. If we win 7 Pruitt should be coach of the year. Even 6 is going to require the attrition from injuries to be significantly less this year. If I were a betting man I would say 5-7. Not having Butch as HC should be worth at least one more win

I'm betting on seven wins!

That's realistic!

Nine and ten win predictions are delusional but I would be happy

Nobody knows and we got twelve games in front of us with potential Heisman winners all over the field.

Lets enjoy the trip!

To only win 8 or 9 games still sucks. You seem so proud of being a fair weather fan. When the going gets tough just stay at home. Nice.

I’ll go to as many games as I can and get loud knowing that we can catch fire and win any day we play.

Glad Phil is back home where he belongs. Say what you will about him in his final coaching seasons, the man is all Vol to the core.

VN Store

Back