Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

Running a Marathon is a whole different level of mental toughness. I run 2 miles Max or my knees hurt. Could be because I'm to heavy. How tall are you?

Another level of pain. Sounds like you might have a shoe or form issue though. If you are in good shape, you should be able to run 2-3 miles without pain.

Kidding about the 6'6.
I'm not a strong swimmer. Got a pool but its closed during the winter. Friends have started biking and trying to get me going. I just miss playing ball. I'm 41 and played baseball, basketball and flag until 3 years ago. My bad leg won't allow it anymore.
I just can't believe the expense of these bikes. Buddy just spent $3500.

Road bikes? They are huge out here and are crazy expensive.

6'5. Been running/exercising/and dieting for 2 months. Started out at 315 lbs, now at 290. Goal is 250.

Another level of pain. Sounds like you might have a shoe or form issue though. If you are in good shape, you should be able to run 2-3 miles without pain.

I have an elliptical runner at the house and do interval training for 30 min a couple times a week so technique cloud be the issue.

I'll chime in here.

Started p90x Sept 2011. Was 215 @ 6'1". Started second round of p90x this week and weighed in @ 180 this morning. Also down 10% BMI and up 12lbs in muscle weight according to my fancy scale. Completely changed up the diet back in Sept. Basically followed the p90x diet as far as carb, protein, veggie intake, just my own food. Now I just keep it under 2200 calories/day and only eat good carbs, lean meats(chicken, fish and lean pork chops) and lots of veggies.

And it can jack up your insurance rates if you're perfectly healthy but have muscle mass

Michael Jordan in the prime of his career had a microscopic body fat level but was clinically overweight according to BMI

And it can jack up your insurance rates if you're perfectly healthy but have muscle mass

Michael Jordan in the prime of his career had a microscopic body fat level but was clinically overweight according to BMI

A lot of insurance height/weight scales are pretty lenient

Besides pro athletes cant get individual coverage anyways

You, my Vol Nation friends, are going to help me stay on track with my workouts and diet. Every Friday I will post my progress. Feel free to play along.
I am 6.2 and about 225lbs. I would like to be 205 so I'm about +20. the way I see it everyone can post this way without giving away their weight.

Keep up the hard work. I am 6'5, weighed in at 217 yesterday with a 9.3% bodyfat.

I have a friend who is a pro MMA fighter, he walks around daily at 240 lbs but fights at 205. He can cut his weight in 1 week for weigh ins than afterwards he hits the pasta and boiled chicken to regain some weight back before the fight the next day.

I have a friend who is a pro MMA fighter, he walks around daily at 240 lbs but fights at 205. He can cut his weight in 1 week for weigh ins than afterwards he hits the pasta and boiled chicken to regain some weight back before the fight the next day.

1 week?

35 lbs

6ft, 155. I only do bodyweight exercises but am looking to gain another 5 lbs and will hopefully do so soon after my foot heals. 160 is about max bodyweight needed for my frame as a climber. Is anyone familiar with the USA - Universal Strength Apparatus?

VN Store

Back