Formula 1 Thread

ESPN is already dropping the ball on F1 coverage, not the best way to start off the new partnership...

Just now watching my recording of the race and I have to agree with ESPN dropping the ball. At least NBCSN had their own team and whatnot. I'm now fully convinced that ESPN is not and has never really been all that concerned with motorsport.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok, that "coverage" by ESPN massively sucked. It's like they're doing the bare minimum because they know Liberty will eventually release the OTT F1 TV deal.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
ESPN apologized for their coverage

“We deeply apologise to Formula One fans for the technical issues that caused them to miss the first 20 minutes of the pre-race show for the Australian Grand Prix,” said ESPN in a statement.
“We are sorry that our first F1 telecast did not go as smoothly as we would have liked but we are taking steps to prevent those same issues from occurring in the future. We thank the fans for watching and for their incredible passion for Formula One.”

ESPN apologises to US viewers after first F1 broadcast attracts complaints * RaceFans

Doesn't sound like anything is going to change though

The broadcast was dreadful and the new halos, while I understand and appreciate the effort to increase driver safety, look absolutely dreadful.

This season isn’t going to be a whole lot of fun.

Last edited:
It looks like McLaren was correct in leaving Honda for the Renault. Very good first race with the new engine supplier.

Watching the Bahrain Grand Prix Qualifying. I'm convinced that McLaren's troubles weren't Honda, they were McLaren's. That or Alonso just doesn't have it anymore and Vandoorne just isn't as good as I hoped he would be.

Watching the Bahrain Grand Prix Qualifying. I'm convinced that McLaren's troubles weren't Honda, they were McLaren's. That or Alonso just doesn't have it anymore and Vandoorne just isn't as good as I hoped he would be.

Alonso did get P5 last week I don't think he's fully lost it yet, and you can't base everything on one qualifying session. Though I do agree that McLaren is obviously having some sort of trouble outside of their engine manufacturer.

We're green crazy opening lap for Red Bull: Max hits Lewis and has a tire going down and Ricciardo has an issue too.

Glad to see that ESPN took the complaints to heart with no commercial breaks. Guess they were actually sincere with their apology!

Really hope that Ferrari crew member is okay. Also Grosjean is an ass for holding up Mags on fresher tires.

Glad to see that ESPN took the complaints to heart with no commercial breaks. Guess they were actually sincere with their apology!

Seriously, even though they should have done this from the beginning, got to give ESPN credit for actually listening to the fans

What a heck of a drive by Vettel to hold over the Mercs. Mag's finish of 5th ties the best result of Haas.

VN Store

Back