Forget Pittbulls. Watch out for Dachshunds

She miss read the Craigslist add when it said weiners? But seriously that's horrible

They were mixed...and one was a border collie mix. Pure dachshunds are very small, like 10lbs or less. My 1st dog as a kid was one. He lived to be 18...we would take him up to the little pigeon river to swim, you could throw a rock in the river and he would go get it...same rock, over and over. Granted, talking about in 3ft of water, but the dog is less than a foot tall and little over a foot long. Great diver...their name means "mole hound" and they are prolific diggers and rodent killers. If there was such thing as a 40 or 50 lb dachshund it would be scary...beastmode like stupid pitbull. The ones I have been around were very smart dogs..weiner dogs have to be smart being that small

Dachshunds are my favorite breed. We've had miniatures and now have a miniature doxy-terrier mix. They're clever, stubborn and incredibly fearless.

Marcus, you're not giving them enough credit. The German 'dachshund' translates to badger dog. The standards were originally bred to hunt badgers so you know they're tough SOBs! You're right about those mixes. A standard dachshund typically tops out at ~30 lbs, so these dogs were mixed with something bigger.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Dachshunds are my favorite breed. We've had miniatures and now have a miniature doxy-terrier mix. They're clever, stubborn and incredibly fearless.

Marcus, you're not giving them enough credit. The German 'dachshund' translates to badger dog. The standards were originally bred to hunt badgers so you know they're tough SOBs! You're right about those mixes. A standard dachshund typically tops out at ~30 lbs, so these dogs were mixed with something bigger.

We always had dachshunds when I was little, they were definitely fearless.

Wow. Thanks for the correction, always thought it was miles. I love em too..great dogs, and super tough for their size. Little man syndrome bigtime...mine fully believed he could slay a bear...lol...cool dogs.

My Daschaund mix is a cuddle bug not a killer.

I have a miniature dachshund. Great dog. They’re definitively stubborn, though. 😬

On the one hand, I want to crack jokes, but then I remember a woman actually died. Just doesn't feel appropriate.

VN Store

Back