Florida game weather

Rain favors the gators unfortunately. Our O-line is not proficient enough in run blocking VS quality defensive lines to run the ball, just look at the WVU game. Our run game was abismal against that D-line and the only thing that really moved the chains for us were short passes. I don't feel good about trying to pass against the Gators secondary and I feel even more unsure about our running attack against their front 7 in the swamp. I hate to be a Debby Downer, but I think we are in for a long game this saturday boys. If we pull out a win it will be based on excellent play calling and a big leap in the leadership, toughness, and resolve of our VOLS. To be clear, I am all in on the VOLS and would love nothing more than to beat the Gators and hang a second loss in a row on them in the swamp VS an SEC East opponent. But honestly, I am not sure the game goes our way this time. I hope I am wrong.
GBO!!
Well Debbie just want to make sure you get the memo. The game is in KnoxVegas.
Aside from that, this team is showing improvement so I’m going to show up with hopes that it continues.
Hopefully the staff will have our Vols prepared to face a weak FL team as well. Don’t expect miracles but a hard-fought four quarters of football would be a welcomed sight.

lets hope this woman is not calling the game
beth-mowins_8rs8maccvd5f1oqliq9drqa5n.png

Rain favors receivers over DB’s so ....... sling it, and run it.
In the old days id agree with you. The improvements in field conditions in last 10-15 years has changed that narrative to a wash imo. The thing thats unknown was alluded to earlier by the 2002 game reference is qb exchange or handling the ball in pocket. Both qbs are tall so id assume have long fingers to secure the ball in the throw ready position. Guarantauno growing up in new jersey id assume had his share of high precipitation games so id assume he would be ok. Now one big thing is receiving punts does visibility or grip effect anything? Callaway had a struggle in good conditions. If the ball is wet and or wind and rain are making hard to see how will he react? Who knows?

Rain favors the gators unfortunately. Our O-line is not proficient enough in run blocking VS quality defensive lines to run the ball, just look at the WVU game. Our run game was abismal against that D-line and the only thing that really moved the chains for us were short passes. I don't feel good about trying to pass against the Gators secondary and I feel even more unsure about our running attack against their front 7 in the swamp. I hate to be a Debby Downer, but I think we are in for a long game this saturday boys. If we pull out a win it will be based on excellent play calling and a big leap in the leadership, toughness, and resolve of our VOLS. To be clear, I am all in on the VOLS and would love nothing more than to beat the Gators and hang a second loss in a row on them in the swamp VS an SEC East opponent. But honestly, I am not sure the game goes our way this time. I hope I am wrong.
GBO!!

Nothing you just said is backed by stats or reality.

1. The game is at home
2. The gators front 7 is awful
3. The Gators have lost 8 DB's and their secondary has not been good
4. Their DL specifically has been terrible.
5. Their OL has been terrible
6. They lost one of their top RB's for the game

Nothing you just said is backed by stats or reality.

1. The game is at home
2. The gators front 7 is awful
3. The Gators have lost 8 DB's and their secondary has not been good
4. Their DL specifically has been terrible.
5. Their OL has been terrible
6. They lost one of their top RB's for the game
My bad on the venue, but let’s be real, the evaluation of their front 7 is based on perspective and their D-line has more than enough to give our line all they can handle. The defensive backs aren’t a factor is our QB doesn’t have time to throw. And other than your evaluation of their line play and a line up change everything you mentioned is a matter of opinion as well, no stats there. Again, I am a die hard fan and I want the Vols to beat the S*** out of them wherever they play. Maybe I’m just using low expectations as a defense mechanism in case we lose. Either way I’m looking forward to seeing our guys give em hell for 4 quarters.

Well Debbie just want to make sure you get the memo. The game is in KnoxVegas.
Aside from that, this team is showing improvement so I’m going to show up with hopes that it continues.
Hopefully the staff will have our Vols prepared to face a weak FL team as well. Don’t expect miracles but a hard-fought four quarters of football would be a welcomed sight.

Lol, thanks man. Oversight on my part for the venue. I hope we give em all they can handle and then some. GBO!!

My bad on the venue, but let’s be real, the evaluation of their front 7 is based on perspective and their D-line has more than enough to give our line all they can handle. The defensive backs aren’t a factor is our QB doesn’t have time to throw. And other than your evaluation of their line play and a line up change everything you mentioned is a matter of opinion as well, no stats there. Again, I am a die hard fan and I want the Vols to beat the S*** out of them wherever they play. Maybe I’m just using low expectations as a defense mechanism in case we lose. Either way I’m looking forward to seeing our guys give em hell for 4 quarters.

I'm not gonna look up stats but you are welcome to review how dismal their stats have been as well as read the numerous articles, many from their own papers and sites, that discuss their struggles on both sides of the line. UK dominated them physically on both sides. WVU lit up our secondary, but they didnt run the ball down our throat like UK did to the gators. We may lose but just saying I dont think there is as big of a disparity as your are describing in your initial post. We have played the run alright. Our receivers and RB's have looked good. We have some good linebackers. We've got a chance.

I just hope our turf is doing better than in the 2016 season when everyone was falling left and right. I think our run game is good enough to keep us in it and JG is playing solid enough football to pilot us through it all. GBO

GBO!!

Nah it favors the Vols because we have more running back depth. We can run it more often. Good luck to them running the whole game with like 2 guys. One of the RBs for gators is injured.

I'm not gonna look up stats but you are welcome to review how dismal their stats have been as well as read the numerous articles, many from their own papers and sites, that discuss their struggles on both sides of the line. UK dominated them physically on both sides. WVU lit up our secondary, but they didnt run the ball down our throat like UK did to the gators. We may lose but just saying I dont think there is as big of a disparity as your are describing in your initial post. We have played the run alright. Our receivers and RB's have looked good. We have some good linebackers. We've got a chance.

I agree that we have a chance, I just have concerns about how our strengths and weaknesses stack up. And because of our struggles with Florida are well chronicled. I want our guys to play hard and make it a good game, and I still think that the difference maker is going to be good play calling, coaching and leadership. If we can get those things right we may come away with the W... no moral victories (RIP CBJ).

Reactions: GRN1926
GBO!!
Didn’t Tim Jordan run for over 100 yards?

Reactions: GBOVFL88
Nah it favors the Vols because we have more running back depth. We can run it more often. Good luck to them running the whole game with like 2 guys. One of the RBs for gators is injured.

Good point, we do have several guys that can rotate in and out of the backfield. The only thing is that even with lesser opponents we have struggled in run blocking, and have relied on JG and the receivers to make short passes to move the chains. I hope this is a breakout game for the O-line and they find their identity, no better time than when we are playing the gators to get it right. Hopefully my pessimism is thwarted the VOLS refusing to go down whether its in the air or on the ground.

VN Store

Back