'19 FL QB Brian Maurer (Tennessee signee)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
8256134.jpg

PRO
6-4
CLASS OF 19
OCALA, FL
(WEST PORT)

Brian Maurer, West Port, Pro-Style Quarterback

Brian Maurer, 2019 Pro-style quarterback - Rivals.com

[hudl]

Another QB on Tennessee's radar...

Have maintained that the QB board will continue to grow this summer. Add Brian Maurer to the list of guys Tyson Helton is evaluating and in contact with recently. The 3-star from Ocala was a surprising star out at the Elite 11 camp over the weekend, earning an invite to the Opening Finals. Ohio State, Penn State, Texas A&M and UCLA have all ramped up their interest lately. Helton started talking to Maurer three weeks ago. I have story coming out on him for tomorrow.

-Simonton

Last edited by a moderator:
He was ready to commit to West Virginia before the new interest. As others have said this just isn't a very good QB class at all. Hardly any of the upper echelon schools seem sold on a single guy. What sucks is it is an absolute must UT signs a QB or two in this class.

Reactions: 1 person
We are for sure going to sign someone. It might just have to be later. Maybe there will be some late risers.

He was ready to commit to West Virginia before the new interest. As others have said this just isn't a very good QB class at all. Hardly any of the upper echelon schools seem sold on a single guy. What sucks is it is an absolute must UT signs a QB or two in this class.

One

They still have at least one grace year with either JG keeping the starting job or KC going this year and JG being the presumptive starter in ’19. Regardless, they still have a year to find somebody. If they don’t have a big-name for ‘20 it would be panic time.

"I woke up to 30-40 text messages and my Twitter and Instagram were blowing up. I didn’t really know what was going on. I knew I had been invited to the finals out in California because Trent Dilfer told me out there, but I didn’t know that they posted it yet. But I wake up, and I have messages from Urban Meyer, Chip Kelly, James Franklin, Jake Spatial. All these top, big dog coaches. It was a good feeling knowing that I’m finally getting recognized.”

After a solid junior season for West Port where he threw for 2,500 yards with 24 total touchdowns and 13 interceptions, Maurer turned heads throughout the camp circuit this spring. The strong-armed 6-foot-4, 190-pound prospect continued his steady showings out in California, holding his own with a slew of higher-ranked blue-chip quarterbacks.

“Coach Helton wants me to come up and camp but I won’t be able to do that. I definitely will get up there for a visit but my June is slam packed,” Maurer explained. “I have four 7-on-7 (tournaments), team workouts. I know July is a dead period and that makes it (tough). I’ve been in contact with Tyson for the past two or three weeks now. We’ve just been texting and DM’ing but we’re set to get on the phone here soon and talk about some things.”

In the last 24 hours, Maurer has heard from West Virginia, UT, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas A&M, UCF, UF and UCLA. He’s slated to visit UCF on Wednesday and participate in a 7-on-7 camp at Florida on Friday. “Being that it’s later in the recruiting process, I’m definitely going to have to speed things up,” Maurer said. “A lot of top dog schools are calling now. It’s definitely getting hectic.”

-VQ

Also sounds like there are a LOT of schools out there still looking for their '19 QB.

They still have at least one grace year with either JG keeping the starting job or KC going this year and JG being the presumptive starter in ’19. Regardless, they still have a year to find somebody. If they don’t have a big-name for ‘20 it would be panic time.

That would be the ideal scenario, but pretty much everyone, mods on VQ included have been saying JG is gone if KC wins the job. I personally think there is a very good chance that Chryst does win the job. That is where getting a 2nd QB in this class could become a must.

That would be the ideal scenario, but pretty much everyone, mods on VQ included have been saying JG is gone if KC wins the job. I personally think there is a very good chance that Chryst does win the job. That is where getting a 2nd QB in this class could become a must.

If Chryst comes in and wins the job in fall camp, JG needs to find a new gig. With 7 months of being in the new offense and he still isn't solidified, HE GON.

He won't sit. That's already been proven in the game against GT. Believe what you like, but he's a competitor who wants to play. If it's not here, it'll be somewhere else. I think he'll be fine, but if he loses the job in August, he probably won't stay. More than me are saying the same thing.

He won't sit. That's already been proven in the game against GT. Believe what you like, but he's a competitor who wants to play. If it's not here, it'll be somewhere else. I think he'll be fine, but if he loses the job in August, he probably won't stay. More than me are saying the same thing.

Any of you actually KNOW anything? :boredom:

Any of you actually KNOW anything? :boredom:

Do you KNOW anything? Everything is OPINIONATED. Everyone has one. I exercise mine just as you do. Just because someone has a different opinion on a matter than you, doesn't make you right.

Reactions: 9 people
Do you KNOW anything? Everything is OPINIONATED. Everyone has one. I exercise mine just as you do. Just because someone has a different opinion on a matter than you, doesn't make you right.

You spout off that a legion of people are “saying” the same thing as you about Guarantano and using that as the basis for him transferring. Perfectly fair to ask if any of that bombast has legs. :hi: I didn’t venture any guarantees...so what would I be “right” about?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back