'19 FL OL Chris Akporoghene (Tennessee signee)

When Akporoghene arrived at IMG Academy a couple of years ago he weighed around 220 pounds. He worked his way up to 250 pounds for his sophomore year and he now has 290 pounds distributed over his 6-foot-4 frame. Akporoghene’s athletic build may have ties to something he’s really never adjusted to after coming stateside from Nigeria. “The food here is terrible,” he said with a laugh. “It’s really, really bad. It’s just different from what we eat back home. I’m not a sugar guy, but here everything is about sugar. Nobody wants to eat hot pepper.”
PREP FOOTBALL: From Nigeria to IMG Academy

When Akporoghene arrived at IMG Academy a couple of years ago he weighed around 220 pounds. He worked his way up to 250 pounds for his sophomore year and he now has 290 pounds distributed over his 6-foot-4 frame. Akporoghene’s athletic build may have ties to something he’s really never adjusted to after coming stateside from Nigeria. “The food here is terrible,” he said with a laugh. “It’s really, really bad. It’s just different from what we eat back home. I’m not a sugar guy, but here everything is about sugar. Nobody wants to eat hot pepper.”
PREP FOOTBALL: From Nigeria to IMG Academy
I would love to have him whip me up a traditional Nigerian meal. Now I’m hungry.

A question for you guys that are better at evaluation of OL. This guy looks..I think the word I'm looking for is unsteady, or unbalanced with happy feet to me.

Is that just my imagination? The guy had great size and potential for sure.

i think he is a bit of project. i don't know that he'll be counted on to contribute immediately. and hopefully we're going to get to the point where it won't be a "have to" for incoming freshmen to contribute or start immediately. i'd like to get to the point where the reason a freshman is playing, is becuase he's just so effing good.

not because we're in such dire need...................

Yeah, CA is gonna be a bit of a project, but you're not going to find anyone who works harder than him, and he's already come so far in such a short time. I know the family he lived/lives with in Knoxville, and I know his story more or less. He didn't play football at all before coming to the US, and they had to essentially redshirt him his first year at Kings Academy. He's gone from never playing football to suddenly a four-star in like three years' time. Kid is gonna be good as long as he stays healthy.

Yeah, CA is gonna be a bit of a project, but you're not going to find anyone who works harder than him, and he's already come so far in such a short time. I know the family he lived/lives with in Knoxville, and I know his story more or less. He didn't play football at all before coming to the US, and they had to essentially redshirt him his first year at Kings Academy. He's gone from never playing football to suddenly a four-star in like three years' time. Kid is gonna be good as long as he stays healthy.

Nothing wrong with taking a project as an OL prospect. It's a developmental position anyway, and only the best of the best (also reliant on being a physical specimen) can be counted on to start as a freshman. I'm down for this guy being in our OL room for four years.

H
Nothing wrong with taking a project as an OL prospect. It's a developmental position anyway, and only the best of the best (also reliant on being a physical specimen) can be counted on to start as a freshman. I'm down for this guy being in our OL room for four years.
Hopefully he can RS. Get a year of S&C and learn scheme. Then maul.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
A
I literally was about to post in the thread to say the same thing. Everyone talking about Morris and Wright but I think it's a trio of these 3.

Not to disregard Jackson but these 3 guys are probably most ready to make an impact early.
Agree

VN Store

Back