'19 FL DE Khris Bogle (UF signee)

It is what it is. I have no insight into their family dynamic or decision making but the kid is gonna have to leave home eventually.
It's like you said, no insight into his family situation, but I know as a parent, if my child wants to leave home to pursue his dream, who am I to stand in the way.

It's like you said, no insight into his family situation, but I know as a parent, if my child wants to leave home to pursue his dream, who am I to stand in the way.
It is more than that ... it is telling them we believe in them and their ability to make choices. We love them with all our heart ... and release them to fly. We watch not with dread, but in anticipation of the wonders they will do.

Sorry, but that statement is seen through your glasses/lens.
I love my child as much as anyone. I will support their decision on ANY school they choose in ANY state or country.
We have prepared them to fly ... it is time.

As a parent you can prepare your children to leave the nest and support their decision if they choose a school far away, but that doesn't mean you didn't want them to stay close to home.

I certainly don't think a parent should refuse to sign an LOI if their child does want to attend an out of state school, but there is nothing wrong with a parent giving their input as to where they would prefer their child to attend. As long as it is just input and not insistence.

As a parent you can prepare your children to leave the nest and support their decision if they choose a school far away, but that doesn't mean you didn't want them to stay close to home.

I certainly don't think a parent should refuse to sign an LOI if their child does want to attend an out of state school, but there is nothing wrong with a parent giving their input as to where they would prefer their child to attend. As long as it is just input and not insistence.
Well said!
Family dynamics are what we make them. In some cases a suggestion is a fait accompli decision ... no matter what words are selected. ... And there ARE very good reasons to stay close to home. ...
"If momma ain't happy ..." is more than just a catch phrase. SO, we wait and watch ... pretty sure coaches can see the handwriting on the wall ... if he comes in for a game and brings momma ... we should be in good shape.

Well said!
Family dynamics are what we make them. In some cases a suggestion is a fait accompli decision ... no matter what words are selected. ... And there ARE very good reasons to stay close to home. ...
"If momma ain't happy ..." is more than just a catch phrase. SO, we wait and watch ... pretty sure coaches can see the handwriting on the wall ... if he comes in for a game and brings momma ... we should be in good shape.

I also think that the dynamics are much different if we are talking about 2 parents in the home as opposed to a single mom, which I believe is Bogle's situation. If the husband, or even other sons, are still in the home, it may be much easier for mom to let the son go out of state than say for a single mom whose son was also the man of the house. I can certainly understand a mother's trepidation in that situation.

For once you’re dead on. 🤣
TBH I think hes going to Miami I was just making an injured player and Tennessee joke 🙀 actually it's been a huge relief to see that we have only had a few (hopefully) minor injuries so far in JJ and Antonutti. *knocks on wood*

Reactions: AaronUT
TBH I think hes going to Miami I was just making an injured player and Tennessee joke 🙀 actually it's been a huge relief to see that we have only had a few (hopefully) minor injuries so far in JJ and Antonutti. *knocks on wood*
Knew where you were going. Who you talking to? 😎

I love my child as much as anyone. I will support their decision on ANY school they choose in ANY state or country.
And that's great for you, congratulations! You are obviously not part of the majority of parents I was talking about.

Last edited:
Reactions: cnick14

I would support my child’s decision as well but I would definitely try to influence them on where I feel they should go.

And that is seen thru yer lens. Just because they are different doesn't make either wrong.

I have to agree with you. Some kids are prepared and ready for the world on their own, but some are not. We had two that were, and one that wasn't even though we raised them all the same.

I taught all my kids to think for themselves, and be confident in themselves, but my youngest daughter just hasn't felt ready to take on the world quickly, most of that is just her particular personality. She is really just now spreading her wings. They are all doing great though, for that I am thankful. @Sleegro

VN Store

Back