First time to Knoxville.

I wish we could have taken in all of that. Unfortunately, with a 17 hour drive to and from, we were pretty limited on time. I will say, with in 5 hours of being in Knoxville my wife and I were discussing moving there. Great town.
I live in Memphis, go to school here, but yes I absolutely love Knoxville! Glad y’all enjoyed yalls selves

Reactions: Toby
Checking out the Vol Navy is a 5-10 minute deal you can do while walking along the river. There is a nice path from Calhoun's to the Rowing Facility. Neither that or the Vol Walk will limit you from tailgating.

I personally think Calhoun's food is a little overrated but it's also a must do on the river if it's your first time to Knoxville, if that makes any sense. Or you could get good food at any of the market square staples, walk down to Calhoun's for drinks on the deck, check out the Navy on your 10 minute walk to the Vol Walk. You'll have 90 minutes to kill until kickoff once the walk ends.
TBA is always open on gamedays, or you can go check out the rock / Pat Summit memorial/ etc. Until ready to check into Neyland.

Be sure to give us an update after your experience. 99% of the fanbase is amazingly friendly and will point you around if your lost or need help with something.
Thank you so much for the advise. Everyone in Knoxville was great. Got there around noon Friday after a 17 hour drive. Checked into our hotel. Went to several places to get some local gear. Ended up at Alumni Hall. I was in awe there. I've never seen that much Vol gear. Went and checked out downtown. Had dinner at Sweet P's. Sweet P's was amazing. Parked in front of Sweet P's before the game. Walked down Gay Street to the Vol Navy. Bought some more gear. Checked out the Vol Navy and walked around to the Vol walk. Went through Gate 21. Walked around the stadium for an hour. Our seats were Y10 Row 1. Pretty good view. It was awesome to see a couple of big plays come our way. My 8 year old son told me before the game, his favorite player is Tim Jordan. We weren't expecting it to be so hot though. My daughters and wife wore jeans so they were pretty hot. My kids got on the stadium cam. They were pretty excited. We all missed Chandlers (thought he was still hurt) 3QTR run though. Standing in line for drinks, paralyzed hearing the stadium start cheering. Lol. So easy to get excited watching my team play. It was a great experience for my family and I. After being in Knoxville for 5 hours, my wife and I started discussing moving there. Wanted to do more but the heat drained all of us. Took the kids back to the hotel to swim and cool off after a beer at Sweet P's. Had a early dinner at Cook Out which wasn't bad. Left early Sunday morning to head back to San Antonio so my kids wouldn't miss school Monday. I can't wait to go back. Just wish I could find out when tickets go on sale so I don't have to pay these 3rd party prices. Thank you again.

Thank you so much for the advise. Everyone in Knoxville was great. Got there around noon Friday after a 17 hour drive. Checked into our hotel. Went to several places to get some local gear. Ended up at Alumni Hall. I was in awe there. I've never seen that much Vol gear. Went and checked out downtown. Had dinner at Sweet P's. Sweet P's was amazing. Parked in front of Sweet P's before the game. Walked down Gay Street to the Vol Navy. Bought some more gear. Checked out the Vol Navy and walked around to the Vol walk. Went through Gate 21. Walked around the stadium for an hour. Our seats were Y10 Row 1. Pretty good view. It was awesome to see a couple of big plays come our way. My 8 year old son told me before the game, his favorite player is Tim Jordan. We weren't expecting it to be so hot though. My daughters and wife wore jeans so they were pretty hot. My kids got on the stadium cam. They were pretty excited. We all missed Chandlers (thought he was still hurt) 3QTR run though. Standing in line for drinks, paralyzed hearing the stadium start cheering. Lol. So easy to get excited watching my team play. It was a great experience for my family and I. After being in Knoxville for 5 hours, my wife and I started discussing moving there. Wanted to do more but the heat drained all of us. Took the kids back to the hotel to swim and cool off after a beer at Sweet P's. Had a early dinner at Cook Out which wasn't bad. Left early Sunday morning to head back to San Antonio so my kids wouldn't miss school Monday. I can't wait to go back. Just wish I could find out when tickets go on sale so I don't have to pay these 3rd party prices. Thank you again.
Awesome bud! It's a family scene in Knoxville. Thanks for getting back with us on here.

Great to hear. It is an awesome place. Glad you went to Sweet P's ..They are one of the best I have ever had too

Glad you had a good time. Campus and City are unique. Indeed East Tn. in general. But the VOLS and Neyland Stadium Every College Football Fan in the country has a bucket list with it on it. Glad you got to experience it..

VN Store

Back