First Time Tailgater

counterdevotee

Current Student
Hey there, I just graduated and am planning to tailgate each game this fall that I can. I have a few quick questions:
- speaking on grass areas on (or near) campus, such as fort sanders near the Law School, Vol hall etc, are those spots still first come first serve, or will I need to pay to have access?
- how early is early enough? 7am?
- for a spot in coveted garages like G10, or 11th street garage, how does getting a spot work? Especially wondering about the 11th street garage.
Thanks for any answers + would love any general wisdom you’ve picked up that may be useful!

Hey there, I just graduated and am planning to tailgate each game this fall that I can. I have a few quick questions:
- speaking on grass areas on (or near) campus, such as fort sanders near the Law School, Vol hall etc, are those spots still first come first serve, or will I need to pay to have access?
- for a spot in coveted garages like G10, or 11th street garage, how does getting a spot work? Especially wondering about the 11th street garage.
Thanks for any answers + would love any general wisdom you’ve picked up that may be useful!
G10 usually starts early

I can only speak to G10, but it’s basically first come, first served. There are top level passes (G10T) and regular G10 passes. But in both cases, people start lining up early because the garage opens at 7am. Then just go in and claim your spot.

In general, you have to be a Tennessee Fund donor and season ticket holder to have access to season parking passes. Information on benefits at Tennessee Fund - Support University of Tennessee Athletics

VN Store

Back