First Aaron Hernandez, Now Janoris Jenkins With A Dead Body In His Crib

Truth.

“Urban sold his soul to the devil to get those NCs. Good thing Spurrier didn’t charge him all that much.”
- VolNation

Looking back on it, I really don't know how Urban was able to keep those guys on the same page and playing at the highest level. I guess Timmy did even it out, although not even Saint Tebow could save Aaron Hernandez. Those guys made Fulmer's teams look like choir boys, and Fulmer recruited some rough guys in his day.

If there's one compliment I have to pay to Butch, it's that he did seem to recruit some quality guys for the most part. They were talented too, but he just couldn't get it out of them.

I don’t know what he sold but it wasn’t discipline. Hey that and Tebow got him to the top. Guess Timmy evened out the evil.

Tebow had NFL talent all around him...literally.

He had the Pouncey twins and Marcus Gilbert on the o-line for protection.

Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy, AyAyRon Hernandez and Riley Cooper at WR. Deonte Thompson was our #5 WR, and he’s still active in the NFL.

Tebow got the glory, but Percy Harvin was hands down the best player on that ‘08 NC team, if not either of the Pounceys.

Last edited:

Percy Harvin, Louis Murphy, AyAyRon Hernandez and Riley Cooper at WR. Deonte Thompson was our #5 WR, and he’s still active in the NFL.

Tebow got the glory, but Percy Harvin was hands down the best player on that ‘08 NC team, if not either of the Pounceys.

Sad what happened to his NFL career. Lot of issues, some self-induced.

Sorry LW but Tebow was the backbone. Even with all that talent no Timmy no NC. That’s why Urban had heart problems. Timmy was leaving.

Reactions: 2 people

Percy Harvin is definitely one of my top 5 least favorite guys I wanted to see on the field. That guy was a freak. Anytime the ball got in his hands it scared the hell out of me.

Percy Harvin is definitely one of my top 5 least favorite guys I wanted to see on the field. That guy was a freak. Anytime the ball got in his hands it scared the hell out of me.

There was a period where our special teams were so bad that Percy Harvin/Brandon James as a returner was an automatic TD/near TD every single punt return.

Sorry LW but Tebow was the backbone. Even with all that talent no Timmy no NC. That’s why Urban had heart problems. Timmy was leaving.

Timmy may have been the backbone in your opinion, but he didn’t win a NC without Percy. I offer the 2009 season as Exhibit A. We can agree to disagree there.

As for Urban’s “heart” issues, they had nothing to do with Tebow leaving.

Timmy never won a NC without Percy. We can agree to disagree there.

Why'd he leave then? Legit medical problem, then right back into the grinder (at a place with even more pressure/expectations) 2 years later?

There was a period where our special teams were so bad that Percy Harvin/Brandon James as a returner was an automatic TD/near TD every single punt return.

What’s crazy is Percy was recruited as a RB/WR/KR while Brandon James was barely a 3* recruit many saw as a package deal to get his HS teammate Jacques Rickerson, who was a highly rated CB.

Very few people expected Brandon James to be a major contributor. He turned out to be a special teams nightmare for four years.

Why'd he leave then? Legit medical problem, then right back into the grinder (at a place with even more pressure/expectations) 2 years later?

Think about what you’re saying. Urban Meyer had heart problems and left UF because Tim Tebow was leaving, as if Meyer expected Tebow to have unlimited eligibility.

As the story goes, by 2010 Meyer’s marriage was on the rocks and it was time for a change of scenery. It was rumored that his wife had a fling with former (now current) WR coach Billy Gonzalez in response to Meyer’s weakness for coeds.

Reactions: 1 person
Think about what you’re saying. Urban Meyer had heart problems and left UF because Tim Tebow was leaving, as if Meyer expected Tebow to have unlimited eligibility.

As the story goes, by 2010 Meyer’s marriage was on the rocks and it was time for a change of scenery. It was rumored that his wife had a fling with former (now current) WR coach Billy Gonzalez in response to Meyer’s weakness for coeds.

No, not saying that at all, especially because he changed his mind and stuck around for another year after Tebow. I'm saying that I have serious doubts about how much his medical issues actually had to do with him leaving.

The whole situation was just odd; out of nowhere he said he was resigning due to health concerns, then changed his mind, stayed for another year, then resigned again citing the same heath concerns. Obviously, it doesn't add up.

Personally, it seems like he left because of 1) personal stuff we don't know about/don't know all the details of and 2) I think he suspected the rosters he was going to have weren't necessarily going to be national title-caliber for a few years, and didn't necessarily want to work to get it back there, or perhaps though he couldn't get it back there. I'm sure he also had good info, much more than was publicly known at the time, that Tressel was in serious trouble at Ohio St late in 2010.

What’s crazy is Percy was recruited as a RB/WR/KR while Brandon James was barely a 3* recruit many saw as a package deal to get his HS teammate Jacques Rickerson, who was a highly rated CB.

Very few people expected Brandon James to be a major contributor. He turned out to be a special teams nightmare for four years.

Nightmare for three years

Picking up his teeth for one year

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kac2a_ljTjA[/youtube]

Nightmare for three years

Picking up his teeth for one year

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kac2a_ljTjA[/youtube]

Yeah, no.

You guys were dumb enough to kick or punt to him, every game, for four years...with disastrous results.

I remember that hit. Jackson damn near knocked himself out.

Right afterwards James pounded the ground in frustration for dropping the pass while Jackson laid on top of him dazed for a second, and was noticeably woozy and favoring his arm walking off the field.

Advantage James.

Also, scoreboard.

Last edited:
No, not saying that at all, especially because he changed his mind and stuck around for another year after Tebow. I'm saying that I have serious doubts about how much his medical issues actually had to do with him leaving.

The whole situation was just odd; out of nowhere he said he was resigning due to health concerns, then changed his mind, stayed for another year, then resigned again citing the same heath concerns. Obviously, it doesn't add up.

Personally, it seems like he left because of 1) personal stuff we don't know about/don't know all the details of and 2) I think he suspected the rosters he was going to have weren't necessarily going to be national title-caliber for a few years, and didn't necessarily want to work to get it back there, or perhaps though he couldn't get it back there. I'm sure he also had good info, much more than was publicly known at the time, that Tressel was in serious trouble at Ohio St late in 2010.

We both agree his medical issues weren’t the reason why he left.

Based on what I heard it was more 1 than 2, but I won’t completely discount 2. I wouldn’t be surprised if 1 led to 2.

Timmy may have been the backbone in your opinion, but he didn’t win a NC without Percy. I offer the 2009 season as Exhibit A. We can agree to disagree there.

Good with that!

Defense wasn’t shabby either. Percy was unstoppable though.

If you don't lawyer up when a body is found at your house, then you haven't been paying attention to the criminal justice system. You're immediately a suspect, why would you not have a lawyer?

I absolutely despise the term "lawyered up"! It makes it sound like it's a bad thing to exercise your constitutional right to a lawyer. Anybody who is questioned by police is crazy if they don't have a lawyer.

I heard that someone actually knocked on Meyer's front door looking for him. That might give most people heart trouble, also.

Uhh, wasn't Cam Newton on those teams?

He was a freshman in ‘07 and got suspended and left the team before the ‘08 season concluded.

By most accounts John Brantley outplayed Cam in practice throughout the ‘08 season, which could have contributed to Cam’s behavior off the field. Brantley was a freshman in ‘08 and wasn’t going anywhere.

VN Store

Back