Firing Davenport, UT done Curry a favor?

UT Vols did John Currie a favor in firing Beverly Davenport
John Adams is defending this dude? John Adams must be a Haslem bot. There is no way that Davenport should’ve been fired in the first place. :thud:

WGAFRF what Adams thinks?

As to Davenport, she was a token hire to quieten down the Title IX publicity. It didn't matter how many students or faculty liked her. She was gonna be gone as soon as they could make up a half assed reason to get rid of her once the Title IX stuff became yesterday's news.

If the truth be known, Bev didn't suck up to the right donors, and some of them threatened to take their tax deductible donations elsewhere. Ain't the first time somebody got Tennessee Waltzed out the door.

As to Davenport, she was a token hire to quieten down the Title IX publicity. It didn't matter how many students or faculty liked her. She was gonna be gone as soon as they could make up a half assed reason to get rid of her once the Title IX stuff became yesterday's news.

If the truth be known, Bev didn't suck up to the right donors, and some of them threatened to take their tax deductible donations elsewhere. Ain't the first time somebody got Tennessee Waltzed out the door.

On the FRF part, I have some ideas, but not sure if I'm on the right track. So a couple of questions:

1. Is a rat involved?

2. Are one of the words used twice?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 person
How many professors at UTK make $450 K per year? one-her. She got a sweet deal for causing a total trainwreck. beginning with the AD selection. Why or why cant UT hire people who are actually competent ? Other SEC schools ( except Ole Miss) dont have these constant clusterfocks.

On the FRF part, I have some ideas, but not sure if I'm on the right track. So a couple of questions:

1. Is a rat involved?

2. Are one of the words used twice?

Thanks in advance.

1 yes

2 no there are more than two words that begin with F

If you were going to China, what would be the fastest way to get there?

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread, but according to the article right after she was fired, they canned her because big Bill Haslam wants to contract out all the maintenance and janitorial staff in the UT system to a company he has interest in. Davenport said no to that, and here we are. That outsourcing is going to cost a lot of people jobs and pay. Pretty sad. Typical Haslam business.

Reactions: 1 person
Davenport was in way over her head. Her lack of preparation was clear proof. Her seemingly incompetent communication skills were more proof

But what does it say about the leadership at the top that she was ever hired in the first place? And now entitled to collect some $400k a year (not counting more pension $$$) as a professor in Communications? Horrorshow.

1 yes

2 no there are more than two words that begin with F

If you were going to China, what would be the fastest way to get there?

Riding an ICBM once WW III breaks out, probably.

Short of that, 18 hours in a plane I guess.

So rat is a word, and I'm guessing the F bomb is one word. But what's the third word?

Riding an ICBM once WW III breaks out, probably.

Short of that, 18 hours in a plane I guess.

So rat is a word, and I'm guessing the F bomb is one word. But what's the third word?

Flying. The first F is Flying.

Maybe WWIII needs to break out. It might clear your mind, bro.

Flying. The first F is Flying.

Maybe WWIII needs to break out. It might clear your mind, bro.

Heh, now that you completely gave it to me, it seems obvious! No idea how I didn't get it from the start.

Maybe you're right about the mind-clearing thing. :hi:

VN Store

Back