ESPN looks at transfers of Chryst and London

I think Chryst is the starter as long as the OL shows they can protect him. That is not a knock against JG or McBride. He is a proven winner though. In this league you have to have a full fledged leader at QB. Can't say that I really get the vibe that JG is a leader.

Chryst is not a proven winner. As a matter of fact, if he was proven at all he'd be either the starter at Stanford or at a rookie mini camp in the NFL right now. Seems to me all he's been is a highly touted QB recruit that didn't live up to the hype.

Hope it works out and he makes us better one way or the other. I just don't see him as the game changer that some on here seem think he is.

Reactions: 2 people
Grad transfers and freshmen won’t make much difference for us this year.

But, the freshmen will get a lot of experience and they will be prepared for the 2019 season unless they are recruited over. I don't look for the Graf transfers to do much unless we get the Olman from Bama.

Chryst is not a proven winner. As a matter of fact, if he was proven at all he'd be either the starter at Stanford or at a rookie mini camp in the NFL right now. Seems to me all he's been is a highly touted QB recruit that didn't live up to the hype.

Hope it works out and he makes us better one way or the other. I just don't see him as the game changer that some on here seem think he is.

His accuracy is the knock on him. Although Stanford as a program has been pretty good the entire time he has been there. You cannot tell me that a kid coming from a winning program is not going to be a benefit.

His accuracy is the knock on him. Although Stanford as a program has been pretty good the entire time he has been there. You cannot tell me that a kid coming from a winning program is not going to be a benefit.

I'll give you the winning program theory, he's certainly been a part of one which will hopefully benefit us. I just don't think Chryst as a QB is that much better than what we got right now. If I'm wrong and Chryst takes us out of the gutter, gets us to a decent bowl with some upsets along the way I'll gladly eat that crow.

Upon what do you base your opinion?

Chryst’s 55% completion percentage and his .83 touchdown passes per game....just think, if he does become our starter and plays all 12 games, he could light up the scoreboard for almost 10 touchdown passes this year....Yay!!

Reactions: 1 person
But, the freshmen will get a lot of experience and they will be prepared for the 2019 season unless they are recruited over. I don't look for the Graf transfers to do much unless we get the Olman from Bama.

Definitely. That’s about all we can hope for this year. Building and showing improvement.

One thing I noticed from the article that I hadn't before was that chryst rushed for 164 yards and 3 touchdowns at Stanford. Not earthshattering by any means but it looks like he can get out of the pocket some if needed.

This. I was very impressed by his running in some highlights. Not straightline as fast as JG, but had a little mojo and grit for a 5* prostyle QB who is 6'5". Mobility is never out of vogue, especially with a questionable OL.

Caveat:. I didn't watch all the plays that got him benched. :eek:hmy:

ESPN looks at impact transfers Chryst, London can have with Vols
These guys can change our football team in a hurry, just for being here. Their leadership, playing time, and knowledge could ignite us into something big. We have Kenneth George Jr. that can also give some leadership on the field. These guys have something to prove, and I believe they are going to prove to us why they came here, to help the coaching staff out in a big way. Expect Chryst to push our quarterbacks to better heights. Expect London to do the same, and be a horse at running back. These guys are winners in my book, just to be here at rocky top.
Oh by the way, thanks for coming to the hill.
Go vols.:rock::peace2:

Chryst will benefit us in the QB room due to his experience. Talent wise he is not starting over JG.

London will be a solid goal line back. I'd be very surprised if he supplants Chandler.

Chryst’s 55% completion percentage and his .83 touchdown passes per game....just think, if he does become our starter and plays all 12 games, he could light up the scoreboard for almost 10 touchdown passes this year....Yay!!

0.83TDs per game is barely less than we had as an entire team against the SEC last year. Hooray!

I don’t believe either will. There’s a reason why both are transferring and not starting for the teams they originally signed with......London never did much of anything at Mich State, and Chryst presided over some wins at Stanford where they win by beating teams up on defense and relying on a power running game offensively.

Both can make contributions by pushing JG, Chandler/Jordan/Banks to be better, but that’s about it barring injury imo.

My thoughts exactly. I don't see neither starting. I think JG will win the job and think itll be a RB by commitee until two separate themselves from the pack. I have more confidence in Jordan and Banks over London.

Edit: I think Pruitt brought these two guys in for depth purposes. London more specifically. Chryst will get the opportunity but i think JG will fight him off and win the job.

Last edited:
I guess all of you praising Chryst due to his starting record are praying that Jalen Hurts transfers here. Y'all must think Hurts is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

I don't know why Pruitt would start Chryst over JG, unless he wants Chryst to take the punishment early on. He is here for one year and one year only. We will have JG for the next 3. Also like other people have said, if he was that good he would be starting at Stanford.

I guess all of you praising Chryst due to his starting record are praying that Jalen Hurts transfers here. Y'all must think Hurts is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.

Yeah, because Stanford is just like Bama...where all 5 OL will go to the NFL, as well as the starting, 2md and maybe 3rd string RB if he gets some PT next year, at least 1 WR, nearly the entire defense, because they are all 5 stars coming out of high school...yeah your analogy is great since both programs have that talent level surrounding their QBs...

Oh, wait...

More excited for the qb than the rb.

Compared to Hurd, which some delusional people say was no good.

Hurd ran 589 times for 2,635 yards, averaging 4.5 yards per carry and scoring 20 times on the ground. He had 67 career receptions for 492 yards and six more scores.

London in three seasons at Michigan State ran for 924 yards and eight touchdowns in 33 career games.

FtR...I don't know what either player will do here, and neither does anyone else. I think Jordan, for example, is big enough to do great as a short yardage back if he runs behind his pads like he is supposed to . I think at the very least, both add depth and will make the starters better at each position even if they don't get to play much.

As 1 poster already mentioned, every other team knows that our off3nsive line is the weakness of our team. Only 2 players would have seen the field on fulmers 90s teams...2. Out of only 15? I think lineman we have total, counting walkons, transfers, freshmen, and anyone else we could suit up. We are not even 1st strong deep in SEC level talent on the off3ensive line.

For that reason, and that reason alone...I think this is a 6 and 6 or 7 and 5 season...and it will take good coaching to make it to that record and get into the cereal bowl, or the toilet bowl, or whatever crap bowl we can get into. We may start out 2 and 6...very real possibility, in fact i get bookies will tell us that we will do just that. 2 and 6. I believe in Pruitt. I think in a couple years we will win the east, and in 2 years we will be close to winning it and have a shot...but he needs time. Unless he completely blows it, and isn't developing players and recruiting at a high level, which looks good so far...I will be super pizzed if he doesn't get 4 years...and i will butt heads with the negas on here calling for his head after this season or next.

Talent wise, Pruitt didn't inherit a terrible team...but he did get a terrible Oline...with no help on the roster. It will take a couple seasons before we can really impose our will and gameplan on anyone..just because of the line. I think our defense will be decent this year, but stats wpmt look good because theybare always on the field due to 3 and outs like last season...next year our defense can be lights out...If and only if...they can get off the field sometimes while our offense drives...they are killing it with new tight ends coming in, but we need a monumental signing class on guards and tackles...or it will be a long rebuild indeed.

TMO, JMO, TIFWIW...HUBANegas

More excited for the qb than the rb.

Compared to Hurd, which some delusional people say was no good.

Hurd ran 589 times for 2,635 yards, averaging 4.5 yards per carry and scoring 20 times on the ground. He had 67 career receptions for 492 yards and six more scores.

London in three seasons at Michigan State ran for 924 yards and eight touchdowns in 33 career games.

While it doesn't look good on paper, he could have been used as a short yardage back which would have negatively skewed the numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised if we use him as a FB since we don't have Shawn Bryson around anymore.

If Chryst loses the job to Guarantano, that mean JG is the real deal, and we should go 6-6 easily.

I highly doubt that. Chryst looks the part and has won a ton of games.

Ben is not worried about his job from Mason Rudolph. He wanted a DE or DT to help them get to super bowl.

Not a Steelers fan but I read a few articles with Big Ben not being happy with the pic due to needs elsewhere that he felt were more important. He also stated that he wasn't worried about his job, at all.

If Chryst loses the job to Guarantano, that mean JG is the real deal, and we should go 6-6 easily.

I highly doubt that. Chryst looks the part and has won a ton of games.

“Ton” used to weigh more. :unsure:

Nobody knows for sure what will happen, who will start and who will be #2.

But I do think its quite ridiculous to try to argue or even imply that our OL can't be any better than they were at the end of last season. There will be some new faces there, and other guys should be a bit older and stronger than before. We'll see.

Both these fellas have been in their respective programs for 3+ years and are transferring out of said programs to come to Knoxville.

Welcome, BUT coming to a new program at this stage of their collegiate careers is a last ditch effort on their part.

They will provide depth and anymore than that is gravy.

VN Store

Back