DT Greg Clark is no longer on Team

Kind of sucks that we lose another on the dline but it provides opportunites for the greenhorns to move up the depth chart. There will be motivation to get his slot in the depth chart.

Good Luck in your future endevours Mr. Clark!

Kind of sucks that we lose another on the dline but it provides opportunites for the greenhorns to move up the depth chart. There will be motivation to get his slot in the depth chart.

Good Luck in your future endevours Mr. Clark!

More than likely the freshmen were probably automatically higher on the depth chart than this kid once the signed there LOI....sad but true.

Darr was waste of a scholly IMHO thanks to Derek Doofus. Palardy proved early on that he could handle punting duties. And unfortunately Bowles will be another 4 star bust WR that will never sniff the field with the crazy talent we already have here and coming in at WR.

He hurt his shoulder in the Western Kentucky game. You know that right? He'll contribute before he's done here.

2* that was recruited over. Best of luck, Greg.
I think it is a bad loss myself. He did a good job when in and you can not have too much depth at d-line. Decent d-linemen seems to be the most difficult type to find.

And "fade route", you are putting 100% trust in the star system. He had 2 stars out of high school. Well whoopdedo****. You should do some serious research into the the star system and who exactly is making the decisions and how they make them. It's about as political as the fricken Heisman trophy...you know, the one Peyton got screwed over for.

I think it is a bad loss myself. He did a good job when in and you can not have too much depth at d-line. Decent d-linemen seems to be the most difficult type to find.

And "fade route", you are putting 100% trust in the star system. He had 2 stars out of high school. Well whoopdedo****. You should do some serious research into the the star system and who exactly is making the decisions and how they make them. It's about as political as the fricken Heisman trophy...you know, the one Peyton got screwed over for.

....and you should do some research into the facts. How many 2 star recruits have been solid contributors for Tennessee over the last 10 years? I don't think the star systems are political as much as inexact. By averages the system works. The 1st round of last years NFL draft had a total of (3) players that were rated 2 stars coming out of high school compared to (11) 3 star, (13) 4 star. This even though numbers wise there is well over twice as many 2 star high school players in any given year then there are 3 and 4 star players combined.

Last edited:
Yes I would have offered Darr.

People here look for any reason to blame Dooley. The man is no longer here so let it go. Stop blaming Dooley when one of the football players rips a fart that don`t stink.

Nope. All dooleys fault. Pigs fumble? Dooley. Cuonzo? Dooley. Not getting laid this week? Dooley.

For some reason, I am noticing that the players leaving Butch's team were bottom-feeders. For Kiffin, that wasn't always the case.

Yeah, Kiffin weeded out Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty from the 09 recruiting class so we could make room for Matt Simms.

I'm actually glad he's Bama's problem now

Reactions: 1 person
....and you should do some research into the facts. How many 2 star recruits have been solid contributors for Tennessee over the last 10 years? I don't think the star systems are political as much as inexact. By averages the system works. The 1st round of last years NFL draft had a total of (3) players that were rated 2 stars coming out of high school compared to (11) 3 star, (13) 4 star. This even though numbers wise there is well over twice as many 2 star high school players in any given year then there are 3 and 4 star players combined.
By averages I agree. I don't know where you got all your exact numbers. I could put a bunch of numbers down to as though they were the gospel. Fact is some of the best players to ever play in the NFL played at really small schools and in many cases had zero stars. Jerry Rice, the best receiver in the history of football, what was the name of his college? Mississippi Valley State, or something like that.

By averages I agree. I don't know where you got all your exact numbers. I could put a bunch of numbers down to as though they were the gospel. Fact is some of the best players to ever play in the NFL played at really small schools and in many cases had zero stars. Jerry Rice, the best receiver in the history of football, what was the name of his college? Mississippi Valley State, or something like that.

There are always exceptions. Just saying the recruiting services ratings are much better then some people give them credit for. The biggest majority of 2 star recruits are rated low for a reason. I may have missed one or two but the only 2 star recruit that has been a solid contributor outside of kickers over the last 10 years has been Dontavis Sapp and that was only his senior year because we literally had no one else to play his position.

How 2013 NFL draft prospects were rated as recruits - Draft 2013 - Andy Staples - SI.com

We need more than one years worth of data to complete the hypothesis. :detective:

He played on the hallowed turf of Shields-Watkins and picked up a four-year degree along the way. He's already a success, even if he never plays another down.

I'm disappointed he isn't going play his final season, but some old bruisers know when it's time to hang it up.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm very happy he got his degree. He wasn't too great, but he always tried his hardest. He would of thrived in a more stable environment.

Kiffin ran off almost all of the walk-ons & players who hardly ever played. In his world, they weren't good enough to associate with him.

This is not true. I know many of the walk-ons that were there during Kiffin's season and they liked him a lot. Dooley was the one that thought he was too good to associate with walk-ons.

Reactions: 1 person
This is not true. I know many of the walk-ons that were there during Kiffin's season and they liked him a lot. Dooley was the one that thought he was too good to associate with walk-ons.
That doesn't make sense. Wasn't Dooley a walk on wide receiver at Virginia?

VN Store

Back