Don’t do this to yourselves

It not life or death, it’s a football game and our team will show up. It’s FL and our guys will be fired up. The game will likely be decided by turnovers, and special teams plays. So to yell with who’s better or where the betting is. Let’s eat some gator tail.

Everybody being all positive right now will be the first ones on here going "We suck, the rout is on, etc." the first time they score. :cool:

In my experience, everyone saying "we suck" right now will be the loudest ones saying, "see, I told you, we suck" the first time the other team scores.

Leopards tend not to change their spots.

Negas gonna nega, and die-hard supporters gonna support, by and large. Sure, there are a few schizophrenics who bounce from one extreme to the other (*cough* D4H), but most of the worst complainers after a loss are going to be the ones who were complaining before the game even started.

To provide a couple of personal examples from this thread: if you're looking for the "we suck" crowd during and after the game, keep an eye on Jack Burton and those (few) who agreed with him here. It won't be Butchna or ORB; they'll continue to support the lads and the program.

Last edited:
In my experience, everyone saying "we suck" right now will be the loudest ones saying, "see, I told you, we suck" the first time the other team scores.

Leopards tend not to change their spots.

Negas gonna nega, and die-hard supporters gonna support, by and large. Sure, there are a few schizophrenics who bounce from one extreme to the other (*cough* D4H), but most of the worst complainers after a loss are going to be the ones who were complaining before the game even started.

To provide a couple of personal examples from this thread: if you're looking for the "we suck" crowd during and after the game, keep an eye on Jack Burton and those (few) who agreed with him here. It won't be Butchna or ORB; they'll continue to support the lads and the program.
I won't even get on the game threads anymore, good grief. It's like an explosion of misery occurring in a field of despair. And that's when we're winning 😂
But you are right, it's always the same people. And Butchna or Behr etc; are not among them.

I won't even get on the game threads anymore, good grief. It's like an explosion of misery occurring in a field of despair. And that's when we're winning 😂
But you are right, it's always the same people. And Butchna or Behr etc; are not among them.

Morning, Charger. I'm with you. I close the browser just before the game starts. Maybe come back for a brief look-around at halftime, unless I'm caught up in conversation with family here. Then don't see VN.com again until the game is over and the initial celebration (or commiseration) is done.

I've found it makes life a lot more enjoyable. Put another way: the VN.com crowd is not the crowd you want to watch a game with. At least, not unfiltered--I could certainly pick a few dozen folks I'd LOVE to be around during the game, or really any time. You'd certainly be one of those.

*salute* Go Vols!

Morning, Charger. I'm with you. I close the browser just before the game starts. Maybe come back for a brief look-around at halftime, unless I'm caught up in conversation with family here. Then don't see VN.com again until the game is over and the initial celebration (or commiseration) is done.

I've found it makes life a lot more enjoyable. Put another way: the VN.com crowd is not the crowd you want to watch a game with. At least, not unfiltered--I could certainly pick a few dozen folks I'd LOVE to be around during the game, or really any time. You'd certainly be one of those.

*salute* Go Vols!
Same here. You and a few others that I've always thought would make for a really fun game crowd. Most of them you can probably guess, just seems like it would be a blast.
And I'd imagine, pretty freaking funny at times too.

Same here. You and a few others that I've always thought would make for a really fun game crowd. Most of them you can probably guess, just seems like it would be a blast.
And I'd imagine, pretty freaking funny at times too.
@UT_Dutchman is a maniac! Keep him away from whole grain alcohol...and propane tanks!

Everybody being all positive right now will be the first ones on here going "We suck, the rout is on, etc." the first time they score. :cool:
I challenge you to prove this.

As I typed that, I started thinking about how one would go about doing that. My first thought was, you would have to decide what you would consider positive. I assume anything other than "We gonna get stomped, we suck, you're stupid or delusional if you think we win, The Vols are embarrassing etc" is positive.

The next step would be a list of the "positive" people. It would be easiest to get you a little pink sticky and jot down the usernames.

Last, just watch the game thread and the front page for New threads. On another sticky, just write down the thread title and post number of those "Positive" posters from the negative thread that were being positive there and now being negative.

There. That's a solid plan, all you have to do is execute it. I'll even give you the first name for your first list, the "positive" people that doesn't hate Tennessee.

Behr.

I look forward to your results.

I learned a long time ago to not get caught up in the game thread or any thread really during the games. I check in and read a bunch after the game to laugh at some. It really is one of the craziest places on the internet.lol
It can be entertaining at times tho,that's what makes Volnation the best,Thank you Freak!

That particular phrase made me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh early this Saturday morning. :)
Mornin! Some things never change I guess. If you don't constantly say Tennessee sucks and Tennessee is an embarrassment, you're "Positive" like that's a bad thing. And if you criticize in the least, you're a "negavol".

Some people are like old TV's, you got to slap them real hard a couple of times to get the fawking picture.

Mornin! Some things never change I guess. If you don't constantly say Tennessee sucks and Tennessee is an embarrassment, you're "Positive" like that's a bad thing. And if you criticize in the least, you're a "negavol".

Some people are like old TV's, you got to slap them real hard a couple of times to get the fawking picture.
Yeah, doesn't even register with me when someone makes a negative comment but they have other comments that aren't as bad.
There are "negavols" but everyone knows who they are. Constant negative comments about everything and zero positives. Fairly easy to spot.
There's even some, a little different (maybe worse), that just pick the opposite view in EVERY thread, just to argue. Doesn't even have to be about football. VFB and Bruin come to mind😌

I thought there was live chat during the games and it's usually moving faster than I can read. Is that not happening with the new format?

You aren't advocating patience; you are hoping that we lose so you can make the point about how bad CJP is since UK did something that we couldn't....

No real fan is hoping we will lose, we just know what is going to happen if/when we do; page after page of complaining because the team didn’t meet the expectations of 75% of the posters on this board. Every fan hopes we will win, don’t be ridiculous

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Okay. I may check it out this week. I will say anecdotally that the people who fly off the handle after a tough loss tend to be a mixture of drunks, 'told you so's', and people making a mea culpa as they jump off the bandwagon. The true fan police usually show up Sunday to chastize. Circle of life.

VN Store

Back