DJ Burns visit went "very, very well"

Fingers

DJ Burns is headed back home right now after his official visit, which he made with both his mother and father. I'm trying to get in touch with him for an interview, but we'll see, in the past he hasn't shown a lot of interest in doing interviews.

The pertinent information I've got right now is that he left Knoxville without committing but hearing that things went very, very well. I think Tennessee feels like they're in a great position with him right now and I wouldn't be surprised if he reaches a decision very soon. Maybe even in the next few days.
r.lewis

Reactions: 14 people
Hopefully we will hear something in the next week or so, don’t want this dragging out since AAU periods are coming up and he’s now used his OV.

html5

Last edited:
RL did mention as well that he’s about 3 credits short of graduating, so 1. He could take summer classes and be here in the fall of 2018 2. Do the Jarnell Stokes and enroll for the 2nd semester, obviously Tennessee would have to have an open scholarship in that scenario. 3. He still remains a member of the 2019 class.

RL did say he’s not heard it from Tennessee side or Burns himself as to what they want to do, but that he was told that by someone at his school, and just that it’s something worth keeping in mind if Tennessee can’t find 2 guys they feel good about this spring.

Hopefully we will hear something in the next week or so, don’t want this dragging out since AAU periods are coming up and he’s now used his OV.

That's always the danger with using an OV so early in the process. If you don't absolutely blow him away, the impression you made, even if it is a very good one, is likely to fade after he takes other visits. I expect that if he's going to commit, he'll likely do it in the next 48-72 hours. Fingers crossed.

That's always the danger with using an OV so early in the process. If you don't absolutely blow him away, the impression you made, even if it is a very good one, is likely to fade after he takes other visits. I expect that if he's going to commit, he'll likely do it in the next 48-72 hours. Fingers crossed.

I would think within a week, if nothing by then I will worry. Idk this but I would almost guarantee some conversations were had with him that they only wanted him to come in so soon if he was ready to make a decision .

RL did mention as well that he’s about 3 credits short of graduating, so 1. He could take summer classes and be here in the fall of 2018 2. Do the Jarnell Stokes and enroll for the 2nd semester, obviously Tennessee would have to have an open scholarship in that scenario. 3. He still remains a member of the 2019 class.

RL did say he’s not heard it from Tennessee side or Burns himself as to what they want to do, but that he was told that by someone at his school, and just that it’s something worth keeping in mind if Tennessee can’t find 2 guys they feel good about this spring.

So my post may have not been far off lol

So my post may have not been far off lol

Nope not at all...would be an intriguing option, largely would depend on how the staff feels about their chances with other guys in ‘18 class I would think. If you don’t feel great then bring him in and redshirt him, would be a big bonus him having a year under his belt practicing and in the college weight program to come out in 2019 ready to roll.

Reactions: 1 person
Nope not at all...would be an intriguing option, largely would depend on how the staff feels about their chances with other guys in ‘18 class I would think. If you don’t feel great then bring him in and redshirt him, would be a big bonus him having a year under his belt practicing and in the college weight program to come out in 2019 ready to roll.

Yup would definitely be something worth looking into.

Watched the highlight video above and I didn't see much explosiveness. Seems to not have great jumping ability and appears slow. Admittedly just one video but I'd like to hear from others who may have more insight.

Watched the highlight video above and I didn't see much explosiveness. Seems to not have great jumping ability and appears slow. Admittedly just one video but I'd like to hear from others who may have more insight.

Similar style to SEC-POY Grant Williams, but more of a refined 15 footer than GW and is a lefty.

Has a very old school game. He’s a bruiser.

From what I've watched what he lacks in explosiveness he makes up for in fantastic footwork and soft touch around the basket. He's one of those guys who would be a pain to guard because he has a variety of post moves and counters. Obviously could use a college S&C program but he looks very skilled in the paint

This thread perfectly illustrates the reason recruiting is best left to the eyes of a skillful coaching staff. This staff has earned a substantial degree of trust.

Reactions: 3 people
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bEQlrZHEwc[/YOUTUBE]

All the people saying they don't want him, lol

Last edited:

VN Store

Back