Decorated college golfer found dead on course

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Another college murder in Iowa

A 22-year-old homeless man with "an urge to rape and kill a woman" assaulted and fatally stabbed a decorated, nationally-ranked college golfer and then left her body on an Iowa golf course, officials said.

The body of Celia Barquin Arozamena, an international student from Spain studying at Iowa State University, was found Monday morning at Coldwater Golf Links in Ames, police said in a news release.

According to the university, Barquin was one of the most accomplished players in Cyclone golf history after becoming the 2018 Big 12 champion and Iowa State Female Athlete of the Year.

Decorated college golfer found dead on course, man arrested for murder

Chain him down in a locked room with her dad, and when he’s finished with him, execute him (if necessary). Assuming he’s guilty, of course.

22 year old sociopath that's been passed along by the system, and should have been permanently institutionalized due to what is, most likely, a long history of documented mental illlness that's untraceable because of HIPPA and his juvenile status at the time of the offenses.

For- profit healthcare doesn't care about mental health, or the far-reaching ramifications of our gross inaction as a society.

/Rantoff

For profit healthcare doesn't have anything to do with it. You think socializing medicine would have prevented this. The person who did this is responsible and should be removed from this earth.

Pretending that the problem doesn't exist because you fear socialized medicine, won't make it go away.

As a country, we spend roughly 5% of the total healthcare spends on mental health, and almost all of that goes to pharmaceutical companies. Reagan's gutting of the Mental Health System Act closed many federal mental institutions, and turned prisons into over-burdened revolving doors for the mentally unstable, until they commit a crime that's bad enough to keep them incarcerated. Coupled with the fact that most insurance policies cover very little when it comes to mental healthcare, and you have a 1st world country that treats the mentally unstable by pumping them up with drugs as long as they can afford them, and basically houses them in the prison system, because that's the most economically viable way of dealing with the problem.

All the while, you have innocent people like this, paying the price.

Chain him down in a locked room with her dad, and when he’s finished with him, execute him (if necessary). Assuming he’s guilty, of course.

Pretending that the problem doesn't exist because you fear socialized medicine, won't make it go away.

As a country, we spend roughly 5% of the total healthcare spends on mental health, and almost all of that goes to pharmaceutical companies. Reagan's gutting of the Mental Health System Act closed many federal mental institutions, and turned prisons into over-burdened revolving doors for the mentally unstable, until they commit a crime that's bad enough to keep them incarcerated. Coupled with the fact that most insurance policies cover very little when it comes to mental healthcare, and you have a 1st world country that treats the mentally unstable by pumping them up with drugs as long as they can afford them, and basically houses them in the prison system, because that's the most economically viable way of dealing with the problem.

All health insurance plans thru employers group plans and on the ACA marketplace include Mental Health Parity. They pay the same benefit levels for mental health treatment as they do with physical treatment. This guy would have been eligible for Medicaid also most likely but he didnt/wouldnt pursue treatment. Most dont. The challenge of treating mental illness isnt simply getting an insurance company or government single payor system to cover the cost. These people are mentally ill, think they can survive alone without anyone's help, refuse help and have severe moments similar to this action. Maybe the government can round them all up and incarcerate them again.

All health insurance plans thru employers group plans and on the ACA marketplace include Mental Health Parity. They pay the same benefit levels for mental health treatment as they do with physical treatment. This guy would have been eligible for Medicaid also most likely but he didnt/wouldnt pursue treatment. Most dont. The challenge of treating mental illness isnt simply getting an insurance company or government single payor system to cover the cost. These people are mentally ill, think they can survive alone without anyone's help, refuse help and have severe moments similar to this action. Maybe the government can round them all up and incarcerate them again.

You really think a 22 year old homeless guy with mental illness and substance abuse issues is going online and purchasing insurance through the ACA marketplace?

The government is already rounding them up and incarcerating them. No need for the blue font if you actually pull your head out of the sand.

You really think a 22 year old homeless guy with mental illness and substance abuse issues is going online and purchasing insurance through the ACA marketplace?

The government is already rounding them up and incarcerating them. No need for the blue font if you actually pull your head out of the sand.

I have a family member who has mental health issues and substance abuse issues.... I don’t think changing the system would help her.

Anyone got a link describing Collin Daniel Richards' mental condition/history?

Most of the things you mention follows a modern day trend of problem solving giving way to problem management. Just like the many conspiracy theories (some I believe) about certain diseases being more profitable to treat than they are to cure. There seems to be a decision to compensate rather than to treat mental disturbances. I know that SSI used to give stipends to alcoholics because it is considered a disease. I'm personally invested in this type of activity having worked with fellow alcoholics and addicts, that psychiatrists regularly diagnose as bi-polar, even though the alcoholic or addict can't be diagnosed until separation from substance abuse is made. That is a psychiatrist getting paid. To date, tens of millions of people are on psycho-tropic drugs, as are most of the active shooters we see all to often. Then there are corrections facilities which are corporate ran and people should know this. There is all the incentive in the world to keep them full. I could go on for hours about other things such as housing projects being poverty management centers. If one just looks around their world they might be able to see that there is less and less problem solving and more and more problem management.

Most of the things you mention follows a modern day trend of problem solving giving way to problem management. Just like the many conspiracy theories (some I believe) about certain diseases being more profitable to treat than they are to cure. There seems to be a decision to compensate rather than to treat mental disturbances. I know that SSI used to give stipends to alcoholics because it is considered a disease. I'm personally invested in this type of activity having worked with fellow alcoholics and addicts, that psychiatrists regularly diagnose as bi-polar, even though the alcoholic or addict can't be diagnosed until separation from substance abuse is made. That is a psychiatrist getting paid. To date, tens of millions of people are on psycho-tropic drugs, as are most of the active shooters we see all to often. Then there are corrections facilities which are corporate ran and people should know this. There is all the incentive in the world to keep them full. I could go on for hours about other things such as housing projects being poverty management centers. If one just looks around their world they might be able to see that there is less and less problem solving and more and more problem management.

So, you don't like the information I've presented to you, but instead of refuting it with facts, you liken the information "conspiracy theories", and then throw out some anecdotal story about your own experiences working with alcoholics, and segue into your beliefs on housing projects, and "problem management"?

Do you yell fake news at the TV when you don't like what you local station has reported on as well?

Reactions: 508mikey

Ronald Reagan and capitalism are to blame! Those bastards! If not for them we wouldn’t have psychotic people in the world.

So, you don't like the information I've presented to you, but instead of refuting it with facts, you liken the information "conspiracy theories", and then throw out some anecdotal story about your own experiences working with alcoholics, and segue into your beliefs on housing projects, and "problem management"?

Do you yell fake news at the TV when you don't like what you local station has reported on as well?
I didn't think I was refuting your post. I happen to agree with it. I should have stuck with just saying it's driven by profit motive and bureaucracy. The facts you present are not what I likened to conspiracy theories, but that they derive from not facing problems that are growing in society. I really do believe that solving problems is not pursued because managing them is more self serving. BTW, I appreciated your information.

Sad. This guy plead guilty to numerous convictions over the years and each time all he got was two years of probation and a 90-day suspended jail sentence.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol

Yep. For all the good Reagan did, this is a blight on his legacy. And nothing is being done about it.

VN Store

Back