DeAndre Johnson is One Tough Mofo!

DiderotsGhost

Pretty good article on DeAndre Johnson from GoVols247.

How DeAndre Johnson 'Shocked' His Position Coach This Spring

I didn't even know his crazy background.

Johnson's exemplary attitude and impressive toughness shouldn't be surprising given his past.

The Miami native needed life-saving surgery after a fellow Killian High School student stabbed him in the chest repeatedly during a surprise unprovoked attack in March 2015. Johnson spent 11 days in the hospital and lost roughly 40 pounds after his surgery. He worked his way back from his near-death experience and by August was healthy enough to play football his junior season.

So a shoulder injury pales in comparison to what Johnson had to overcome to get Tennessee.

Sounds like he impressed the new staff in spite of his shoulder injury in the spring.

DeAndre is a good kid and friends with my daughter. They went to same HS at Miami Southridge and she still talks with him occasionally. He was basically caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time when he got stabbed and some crazy high school girl stabbed him multiple times where he almost died. That girl got charged with felony attempted murder and some other charges and I think DeAndre was not even the intended target he just happened to be in the wrong place during lunch. Here is the story Killian football standout stabbed by female student

DeAndre is a good kid and friends with my daughter. They went to same HS at Miami Southridge and she still talks with him occasionally. He was basically caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time when he got stabbed and some crazy high school girl stabbed him multiple times where he almost died. That girl got charged with felony attempted murder and some other charges and I think DeAndre was not even the intended target he just happened to be in the wrong place during lunch. Here is the story Killian football standout stabbed by female student

Thanks for explaining because from the outside looking in, hard to believe someone gets stabbed for being in the wrong place.

Stabbing someone is brutal and usually emotional.

Hopefully his mental and physical toughness translates to the field and life.

Tennessee football commit Deandre Johnson overcame nightmarish stabbing This article details a bit better what the motive was and has comments by DeAndre about what happened.

“It was just crazy,” Deandre Johnson said, rubbing his hands together and shaking his head. “I still to this day don’t know why it happened. I’d never even talked to her.”

The 17-year-old girl was suffering from depression and anxiety, and she had allegedly been bullied and ridiculed leading up to the violent outburst.

Deandre Johnson and Rolle shared a class, but he had not spoken to her before, and he was in the midst of conversation with others when she launched a surprise attack.

“I was talking to some teammates, and I turned around, something just told me to turn around, and it was like, the blade was in to me and out of me,” Johnson said. “I couldn’t blink, I couldn’t even gasp."

Tennessee football commit Deandre Johnson overcame nightmarish stabbing This article details a bit better what the motive was and has comments by DeAndre about what happened.

“It was just crazy,” Deandre Johnson said, rubbing his hands together and shaking his head. “I still to this day don’t know why it happened. I’d never even talked to her.”

The 17-year-old girl was suffering from depression and anxiety, and she had allegedly been bullied and ridiculed leading up to the violent outburst.

Deandre Johnson and Rolle shared a class, but he had not spoken to her before, and he was in the midst of conversation with others when she launched a surprise attack.

“I was talking to some teammates, and I turned around, something just told me to turn around, and it was like, the blade was in to me and out of me,” Johnson said. “I couldn’t blink, I couldn’t even gasp."
Not to compare but once I was sitting in a bar by myself and some chick that I had never seen before in my life walks up and throws her drink on me. I guess you just never know

Good lord, what a story! And look at the size of this "knife" -- more like a scimitar!

GetContent%5B2%5D%20(2).jpg

VN Store

Back