Dead End University?

Scary that Vandy has passed the Vols in the SEC and the state, no?:cray:

There were more Tennessee fans at Vandy's graduation the other day than there were Vandy fans.

I was talking to one of Vandy's security force at the dorms while moving the girls out after graduation. He interacts with a lot of the football players in their daily comings and goings, has known many of them well over the years. He points out--and I never really thought about this before--not a single Vandy player he's ever met was a Vandy fan before getting a scholarship to play there. Not a single one.

Even Vandy players don't have a legacy as Vandy fans.

What on earth could possibly make you think they've passed us in the state?

A couple of wins are not enough to reverse a generational pattern. Vandy will return to "November padding" status soon enough. Perhaps starting now. We'll see.

Reactions: 4 people
There were more Tennessee fans at Vandy's graduation the other day than there were Vandy fans.

I was talking to one of Vandy's security force at the dorms while moving the girls out after graduation. He interacts with a lot of the football players in their daily comings and goings, has known many of them well over the years. He points out--and I never really thought about this before--not a single Vandy player he's ever met was a Vandy fan before getting a scholarship to play there. Not a single one.

Even Vandy players don't have a legacy as Vandy fans.

What on earth could possibly make you think they've passed us in the state?

A couple of wins are not enough to reverse a generational pattern. Vandy will return to "November padding" status soon enough. Perhaps starting now. We'll see.

Since current recruits were in 7th grade, they have seen vandy go 4-2 against Tennessee. Before that, its likely most didnt care. And if you haven't noticed our " legacy guy" are going elsewhere and the ones that do come are nlt gpod, for the most part.

Reactions: 1 person
This has got to be the most depressing thread yet. Why all the woe is me stuff? New staff, new HC, new AD, new Chancellor and soon a new president. What happened to the honeymoon period? You guys are sounding like you are negotiating a divorce.

You live long enough and I guess you do see it all! A Bammer makes an intelligent comment. I have seen it all!
:eek:hmy:

Gene Chisik won a NC. How many schools are beating down his door or lighting up his phone line trying to sign him up?

Would you like a Tic Tac? Take all you want. Please.
If you dont think Fulmer was a good coach and his record doesnt speak for itself then there isnt much that can be done for you.. Good day

Scary that Vandy has passed the Vols in the SEC and the state, no?:cray:

Huh? Yea butchy left a ton to be desired to say the least but I'm pretty sure we still had three players drafted and 7 or so more that are able to compete for a job next year. Is it like 20 years ago, hell no but we are not north texas for ****s sake. Put down the shine

The Vols 4-8 season, just proves the Vols viability:tease2:

I would think that we are what our record says we are- a joke, a punchline. etc. I am tired of the incompetence of management at UTK and I wonder if we will win another SEC crown in my lifetime. It has already been 20 long, painful, irritating years. I am on the verge of giving up.

Reactions: 1 person
If you have a position on this "issue" at the current time nothing should change it at least until the whistle blows at the end of the first game. 16th in recruiting but 4th in your own division shouldn't do it, nor should will he/won't he Jennings/Smith threads. The revenue threads would suggest by some important metrics UT is not a dead end program in terms of money making, however.

It's reality. We badly need this new coach to hang on for at least five years to dispel the notion that Ut is a coach's graveyard. This year is a mulligan. We need to be bowl eligible every year after that. 9-10 wins most years, similar to what Miss did under Freeze, would be ideal ultimately. We are out of the running for East championships for the foreseeable future, but lowered expectations can result in happy upside surprises!

YEAR ZERO!!! :eek:lol:

We got here by hiring incompetent coaches. Kept going for mid-majors to try and recruit plus win in the SEC. That hasn't worked many times for any school. Bama even tried it a couple times before they got smart and hired a coach that had the ability to run a program.
Pruitt at least has SEC experience and knows what it takes to win in this league. Whether he can get us there will be determined. If he can't regardless of what it will look like got to keep looking until you find that right guy.

VN Store

Back