X-Men: Dark PhoeniX (2019)

CagleMtnVol

DARK PHOENIX

Release Date: June 7th, 2019

MPAA Rating: PG-13

Premise:
In 1992, nearly a decade after the events of X-Men: Apocalypse, the X-Men are national heroes going on increasingly risky missions. When a solar flare hits them during a rescue mission in space, Jean Grey loses control of her abilities and unleashes the Phoenix.

Directed By: Simon Kinberg

Music: Hanz Zimmer

Starring:
James McAvoy
Michael Fassbender
Jennifer Lawrence
Sophie Turner
Ty Sheridan
Nicholas Hoult
Jessica Chastain
Kodi Smit-McPhee
Alexandra Shipp
Evan Peters
Olivia Munn
Daniel Cudmore
Lamar Johnson

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
There are reports that that Jessica Chastain is in talks to play, Lilandra Neramani, the empress of the Shi'ar Empire!

Last edited:
I guess Jennifer Lawerence changed her mind, because she had said she was done playing Mystique with Apocalypse.

I guess Jennifer Lawerence changed her mind, because she had said she was done playing Mystique with Apocalypse.

Yeah,. It wouldn't have bothered me if her or Fassbender hadn't returned.

Not sure how Magneto ties into the Dark Phoenix story?

I do hope we get actual uniforms like was teased at the end of Apocalypse.

I'm ready for Magneto and Mystique to take a break. They don't have to be in EVERY X-Men movie.

Reactions: 1 person
I think they should of all called quits after Apocalypse, what a piece of crap that was.

Not sure what to make of that trailer.

Of course I thought the trailer for Apocalypse looked pretty good but the movie turned out to be Meh.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
I guess I'll go see it since this will likely be the last X-Men movie from this timeline/series/whatever.

Not sure what to make of that trailer.

Of course I thought the trailer for Apocalypse looked pretty good but the movie turned out to be Meh.

We should alert them someone finally referred to it as “meh” rather than downright awful. I think it would be a huge boost to their morale.

Fox or (maybe Disney?) must have liked the reactions they were getting from the Trailer release as today they have announced that they are moving back the release of Dark Phoenix back from late February to now a early summer release of June 7th, 2019.

X Men 3 was a utter freakin embarrassment a abomination which includes changing for no damn good valid intelligent reason Phoenix to a alternate personality are you freakin kidding me.

I really hope that they do justice this time with Phoenix and if they don't then it's a royal embarrassment to repeat the same damn inexcusable mistakes.

Fox or (maybe Disney?) must have liked the reactions they were getting from the Trailer release as today they have announced that they are moving back the release of Dark Phoenix back from late February to now a early summer release of June 7th, 2019.

Or they want them to fix it.

Last edited:
Or they want them to fix it.

Sounds like more reshoots to me.

I’ve ended most of the Fox X-Men movies. I still have X2 as one of my favorite superhero movies to date. But knowing this is most likely the last one kinda ruins it.

I'm betting Marvel/Disney don't wait long to reboot the franchise given how much money it has made for the last 20 years for Fox. Especially since the original Avenger's films (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America) are winding down I'd say within the next 3-5 years they'll reboot it.

A rebooted X-Men franchise (along with Fantastic 4) from Marvel with comic correct costumes, story-lines etc.. would be major money for them going forward.

This has to be the least hyped X-Men movie of them all. I might throw it a matinee bone in a week or 2, but it feels like hardly anyone cares about this one.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm kind of getting tired of the "the world is going to end as we know it if we don't stop this super bad guy with godlike powers". The X-men went on for decades with Jean Gray/Marvel Girl as just another telepath.

From the clips I've seen, it looks like Lawrence's Mystique gets killed by Dark Phoenix relatively early in the movie. I think the movie looks a lot better than the first time they tried to do the Dark Phoenix Saga in X-Men 3. Of course, they butchered it in X-Men 3, so almost anything would be an improvement. Still, I'm kinda digging the trailers

From the clips I've seen, it looks like Lawrence's Mystique gets killed by Dark Phoenix relatively early in the movie. I think the movie looks a lot better than the first time they tried to do the Dark Phoenix Saga in X-Men 3. Of course, they butchered it in X-Men 3, so almost anything would be an improvement. Still, I'm kinda digging the trailers

raise your standards dog.

The only X-men movie I have ever cared for was First Class. All of the other ones have been over hyped garbage. Now...I'm not counting Logan in this because that movie was awesome.

The only X-men movie I have ever cared for was First Class. All of the other ones have been over hyped garbage. Now...I'm not counting Logan in this because that movie was awesome.
The first 2 were pretty good.

VN Store

Back