Gator fans smell like **** thread

People writing off Mullen because of a loss to an improving KY team in the first year of a rebuild similar to ours are showing their ignorance. They must be forgetting Saban’s Lost to Louisiana Monroe in year 1 at home
Lol who cares who Saban lost to in his opening season, you can’t compare the two. Besides, Florida won’t wait long enough for him to be succesful.

Lol who cares who Saban lost to in his opening season, you can’t compare the two. Besides, Florida won’t wait long enough for him to be succesful.

If that makes him feel better because he's a Mullen fan, so be it. All I know is that a loss to Kentucky here is grounds for termination, no matter how improved they are.

Edit: And no I'm not saying fahr coach should we happen to lose to them this year, but I sure as hell won't feel good about the hire until he comes out in year two drastically improved.

Last edited:
Reactions: TGFHeupel16
I guess 2 weeks from now isn’t considered soon...
May very well happen. Neither team is very good and havent been in years. UT longer than UF.

I like Pruitt but hes also got a long way to go to prove hes the guy. Mullen was a success at a place that's had little. That doesnt mean hes gonna be Spurrier or Meyer at UF but he has a track record to feel good about if you re a gator fan.

Neither program is where they want to be and better prepare for bumps in the road along the way. Both have already one 2 games in.

If he shows progression he ll get as much time there as would here or anywhere else. Pruitt will get the same.

If that makes him feel better because he's a Mullen fan, so be it. All I know is that a loss to Kentucky here is grounds for termination, no matter how improved they are.

Edit: And no I'm not saying fahr coach should we happen to lose to them this year, but I sure as hell won't feel good about the hire until he comes out in year two drastically improved.
I am exactly where you are! CJP needs some slack this year. HOWEVER, if he is the "right coach" for Tennessee we need to see improvement this year and a dramatically better team next year, PERIOD.

If Tennessee had hired him and he did the dance scenario in his first game here, The heavens would have opened for 40 days and nights of solid rain.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Lol you need to temper the hell out of it, cause you boys are in for a loooooonng season. It’s going to suck to see the Vols be somewhat successful this year and moving in the right direction, and at the same time watch your fan proclaimed “next Urban Meyers” lose all his good recruits this year. Hell, I bet Jaydon Hill is on rocky top come NSD. GBO
they are going to be right there with us.

So losing to Kentucky is grounds for termination regardless of how improved they are, but your coach shouldn’t be terminated if he loses to Kentucky this year.

If Tennessee had hired him and he did the dance scenario in his first game here, The heavens would have opened for 40 days and nights of solid rain.
We hired a goober...again!

-merged VN thread

Everybody knows that rankings in the first 2 weeks are kind of a sham for anybody ranked 10-25 because that list is all about name recognition. Biggest shifts happen in week 3, then it gets more static. The Gators probably shouldn't have been ranked, but I would also argue that the Cats shouldn't have been ranked 47th, either.

Everybody knows that rankings in the first 2 weeks are kind of a sham for anybody ranked 10-25 because that list is all about name recognition. Biggest shifts happen in week 3, then it gets more static. The Gators probably shouldn't have been ranked, but I would also argue that the Cats shouldn't have been ranked 47th, either.
It was ridiculous that a returning 4 win team was ranked...and I stated that before the season. I bring up that point due to revisionist complaints about why the Kentucky loss is considered more telling of Mullen’s failure than Pruitt’s. Blame the same media that started piling on accolades after the Gators “dominated” glorified JUCO team Charleston Southern. Not hearing a coronation after our similar contest.

Yes, because rankings at this point in the season are infallible and completely objective.
No...they’re ridiculous. But your Gators didn’t seem to protest. You were a four win team that gets ranked right out the chute. Mostly due to Mullen’s “home run” coaching rep. They put you up higher so your falls hurt more...we don’t make the rules.

Reactions: johnrlansford
No...they’re ridiculous. But your Gators didn’t seem to protest. You were a four win team that gets ranked right out the chute. Mostly due to Mullen’s “home run” coaching rep. They put you up higher so your falls hurt more...we don’t make the rules.

Yes, we were dancing in the streets after that #25 ranking last week. 😂

And you’re right, rankings are all about reputation, based on the program and the coach.

Yes, we were dancing in the streets after that #25 ranking last week. 😂

And you’re right, rankings are all about reputation, based on the program and the coach.
I don’t apply blanket statements to whole fan bases...that’s generally reserved for others towards mine. 😉 So you concede MORE was expected of Mullen...considering HIS rep? Plenty of our own will grill Pruitt over any loss, but nationally they expect way less of him. Which is a compliment to your coach...but that double edge on that sword.

Reactions: johnrlansford
They just had a rb who was so mad he announced he’s transferring right after the game in the locker room, tweeting “ I learned a lot from the “previous”coaches that were here. What’s going on down there?
I think that one's pretty simple...he was buried on the depth chart (although he was returning kicks) and didn't like a new coaching staff that came in. Having a 31-year winning streak broken in a series seemed like a great time to do something he was probably going to do anyway. The real loss for them was that starting CB tearing his ACL.

I loved Mullen's reaction after the loss. Someone on Twitter said if you had no idea who Dan Mullen was, and saw that reaction, you'd think he was just a Florida fan.

I don’t apply blanket statements to whole fan bases...that’s generally reserved for others towards mine. 😉 So you concede MORE was expected of Mullen...considering HIS rep? Plenty of our own will grill Pruitt over any loss, but nationally they expect way less of him. Which is a compliment to your coach...but that double edge on that sword.

Yes, more was expected of Mullen based on his nine years of coaching experience.

That’s Captain Obvious stuff right there.

I think that one's pretty simple...he was buried on the depth chart (although he was returning kicks) and didn't like a new coaching staff that came in. Having a 31-year winning streak broken in a series seemed like a great time to do something he was probably going to do anyway. The real loss for them was that starting CB tearing his ACL.

I loved Mullen's reaction after the loss. Someone on Twitter said if you had no idea who Dan Mullen was, and saw that reaction, you'd think he was just a Florida fan.

Yes, losing Marco is huge.

Tennessee football: Vols dodged a bullet by not hiring Dan Mullen
Article says Dan Mullen is the new Butch Jones of SEC. When I think about It, and watch his goofy self in pressers, and just in the way he carries himself. I think Tn dodged a bullet in not hiring Butch 2.0 aka Dan Mullen. He comes off very goofy, it’s almost like he’s trying to please everyone and he tries way to hard. It like he’s not his own person. Granit, the guy might field one heck of an Offense, but I think we honestly couldn’t have ended up with a better coach. (I include Gruden and Leach in this) I wanted Jon Gruden to be our coach as much as anyone did. And regretfully I’m going to have to eat some crow here and admit my second choice would’ve been Mullen. I mean we went 4-8 last year and we already have the 11th rated class. I think We have gold in CJP. Not only is he not “star hunting” he brings in his own breed of player. He’s the kind of coach that will take a 3 star over a 4 if it fits his mold better. I think The opposite with Jones and Mullen. Dan Mullen finally had a heck of a year last year at MSU and fans (including myself) were thinking he’s our next answer if no Gruden. I’m jacked about our future and am curious to what my fellow Vol fans think about this.
PS: I am new To this site, so if I’m pissing anyone off or doing something incorrect please let me know.
Have a blessed day Vol fans!!!!

I’m glad we ended up with Pruitt but what Mullen accomplished at MSU was pretty impressive with the talent he had. Butch would not have been able to replicate that success with that roster at MSU.

VN Store

Back