Dalton Knecht Named Finalist for National Player of the Year

Big accomplishment. I was hoping he would have multiple 40 and or 50 point games late this year to make a real push for it. Well deserved by Edey though.

Thank you Mr. Knecht for playing your final year in the NCAA @ The University of Tennessee. We are honored you selected us and we will be forever grateful. Best of luck in the pros and make VN even more proud of you!

1711479473693.png

I honestly feel that if I were building a college basketball team,
I would choose DK first. He can do so many things on a basketball
court. Handle the ball; drive to the rim; pass/assist; rebound; shoot from
anywhere on the court, etc. Those skills are much harder to find than
just a big goon under the basket.

Knecht is the best player in college basketball and it’s pretty clear. All Edey does is score in the paint and get to shoot 12 free throws per game. Knecht can score at every distance as efficiently as anyone in the country. He is a much much skilled player than Edey but the voters will only see the numbers and go with Edey unfortunately.

Thank you Mr. Knecht for playing your final year in the NCAA @ The University of Tennessee. We are honored you selected us and we will be forever grateful. Best of luck in the pros and make VN even more proud of you!

This picture looks like DK was playing a sick blues riff on the guitar and someone photoshopped it out of the picture.

While I would prefer to face Gonzaga if we made the E8, DK getting a chance to outplay Zach Edey for a spot in the Final Four and show why he is the more well-rounded player and future NBA stud is very, very appealing.

Not to mention we owe those clowns an L. Lost to them several times in a row in different sports.

Not that we are surprised, but it is official. Fantastic accomplishment for DK. Would love to see him win it, and in any other year he would, but we know it’s not happening. Still a great thing to celebrate and be proud of though.

All four have had great yrs. Edey is a great college player but I could make a case for the other three, too.

Dalton will be the better Pro, He is the most versatile of that group. Edey won't be all that in a league of Big Guys with Talent.

VN Store

Back