D4H's 2018 NFL Season Preview

My playoff picks, results, Super Bowl picks and the Super Bowl Winner.

AFC
1.Patriots 12-4
2.Titans 11-5
3. Ravens 11-5
4. Raiders 10-6
5. Jaguars 10-6
6. Steelers 10-6

NFC
1.Vikings 12-4
2.Rams 12-4
3.Eagles 11-5
4.Panthers 11-5
5.Saints 10-6
6.Cowboys 10-6

NFC Wildcard
Panthers defeat the Saints: The Panthers are able to get revenge at home vs the Saints in what is a high scoring game over 44 points combined, and Panthers defense bends but doesn't break.
Cowboys defeat the Eagles: Zeke the Freak isn't contained running for more than 130 yards that makes the Eagles defense frustrated and tired, Prescott plays great in his 2nd playoffs game with the Cowboys winning a exciting close great playoffs game because Zeke not contained is to much for the Eagles to overcome.

NFC Divisional Round
Vikings defeat the Cowboys: The Vikings ferocious defense forces Prescott to make mistakes by throwing ints, and Zeke is mostly contained. The Vikings defeat a outmanned Cowboys team that can't find the holes vs a great Vikings team, and it wouldn't astound me if this is same kind of blowout the last time the Vikings played the Cowboys in the Playoffs which was in the Farve era.
Rams defeat the Panthers: The Rams great offense including Gurly runs roughshod vs the Panthers defense, the Panthers give up to many big plays which is why they lose to a great Rams team.

NFC Championship Game
Vikings defeat the Rams: The Rams are able to keep up with the Vikings in a exciting great close game except the Vikings defense is able to create turnovers which is awful along with the Vikings making more big plays so could be similar to Saints Vikings 2nd round game last season except Rams not having to comeback from a big amount.

AFC Wild Card
Jaguars defeat the Raiders: The Ferocious Jaguars defense gives them short fields that the Jaguars take advantage, the playoffs inexperience for Carr gets exposed and taken advantage of which is to much for the Home Raiders to overcome along with Fournette gets the big runs and running for over 110 yards.
Ravens defeat the Steeler: In a Decent close game the Ravens defend when needed along with Flaccco plays effective that is needed to defeat the Steelers. The Ravens get the football late in 4th and are able to use that for a game winning drive in a tied game.

AFC Divisional Round
Jaguars defeat the Patriots: The Jaguars play a full game in a close challenging game with their defense defending when needed including the 4th, and they score points when needed 1st and 2nd half. Fournette having a great game keeps the pressure off of Bortles of having to carry the team to victory. A game that resembles the 2017 Steelers Patriots game.
Titans defeat the Ravens: The Ravens are unable to contain Henry along with big plays from Mariota throwing and running. As usual with these 2 teams a close exciting game with Flacco playing effective enough that the Ravens are in a close game except the whole flaws of not containing Henry and big plays from Mariota is to much for the Black Birds aka The Ravens to overcome.

AFC Championship Game
Jaguars defeat the Titans
It's a close game with Fournette not contained along with Bortles a game manager also the Jaguars defense is to much for Mariota and the Titans to overcome because of defending when needed which is why the Jaguars win on the road vs the Titans. The Jags finally break through to advance to their first Super Bowl.

Super Bowl
The Vikings win their 1st Super Bowl defeating the Jaguars that are making their debut Super Bowl appearance.

The Jaguars like the 2015 Broncos are carried by their ferocious defense to make the Super Bowl, and Bortles is able to be a game manager to help the Jaguars along with Fournette plays great so Bortles doesn't have to carry the team. Reasons why the Jaguars make it to the Super Bowl including defeating the Raiders, Patriots in a playoffs rematch in New England, and Titans all of which have better QBs than Bortles.

The Vikings after a frustrating disappointing underachieving season last season with a NFC Championship game they lost to the high flying Eagles they are able to advance to the Super Bowl this season as the number 1 seed with Cousins playing great with the best team he has been on, along with the Vikings great ferocious defense that creates turnovers and can score points from those turnovers.
The Vikings seem similar to the 2011 Ravens that also had a frustrating loss in the 3rd round to the Patriots that were able to win a heart attack close afc championship game. The Ravens were able to rebound from that awful heartbreaking frustrating loss by advancing to the Super Bowl for the 2012 Season, and they defeated the 49ers winning the Super Bowl.
I'm optimistic that like that Ravens team history will repeat itself this time with the Purple Vikings.

The Jaguars in their Super Bowl Debut play the Purple Vikings, 2 teams with Ferocious Great defenses in a excellent unforgettable close game that the Vikings are able to win because Bortles can't play effective for most of the game vs a Ferocious Vikings defense while Cousins is able to play effective outplaying Bortles, and leads the Vikings to their 1st Super Bowl win.
The Vikings do have great odds to win the Super Bowl which is why my confidence is a 10 the highest it can be.

James Conner is better than Le'Veon Bell is right now. Steelers won't lose a beat. Especially when Dobbs is in there. Dobbs ability to run with hold the backside defensive end and allow the running backs to have more room to run. Look for the Steelers run game to improve in the games Dobbs plays.
Conner, better than Bell?
No.

Yes! Firestorm and D4H in the same thread. We have potential for internet gold here folks.

Conner, better than Bell?
No.

James Conner is extremely talented. Before the cancer, he was the ACC offensive player of the year in 2014 as a sophomore. Jameis Winston and Deshaun Watson were both in the ACC at that time and it was Conner that was the Player of the Year.

He's finally 100% healthy now. I expect him to have a monster season this year. Especially if Le'Veon Bell gets traded or chooses to sit out.

Seriously, **** the Steelers for not paying Bell. I can't believe Foster and Pouncey threw him under the bus like that. He's been their workhorse for years. They get to actually negotiate their contracts, and they're going to dog him?

He should've held out 2 years ago. He kept putting it off, trying to be a good teammate, and look at how they treat him.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
Seriously, **** the Steelers for not paying Bell. I can't believe Foster and Pouncey threw him under the bus like that. He's been their workhorse for years. They get to actually negotiate their contracts, and they're going to dog him?

He should've held out 2 years ago. He kept putting it off, trying to be a good teammate, and look at how they treat him.
Yep

Bell is like a workhorse emmitt caliber RB and very good slot WR all in one

I actually agree that the Jags are going to be average. Bortles has even less to throw to and the Jags D was amazingly healthy last year. No way they have that kind of luck again.

Flip the Raiders and the Chiefs.

Bills are going to be terrible.

Outside of the West, D4H's whole NFC is wacky.
Bortles hasn’t

Donte moncrief
kelan Cole
Marquis lee
Dede Westbrook
Dj chark

That’s a solid group

Cole was a beast as a rookie Westbrook was the best wr in cfb his final yr at OU

Chark was the top WR at combine

Bortles hasn’t

Donte moncrief
kelan Cole
Marquis lee
Dede Westbrook
Dj chark

That’s a solid group

Cole was a beast as a rookie Westbrook was the best wr in cfb his final yr at OU

Chark was the top WR at combine

Lee is out for the season

My Tampa Bay pick looking genius right now.

I told ya'll they would win the division and New Orleans was in for a down season.

My Tampa Bay pick looking genius right now.

I told ya'll they would win the division and New Orleans was in for a down season.
Jags also take down one of the more talented teams in the league in NYG

Yannick Ngakoue is gonna have a monster year he’s been a beast since day one with 20+ sacks in 2 years with half being strip sacks MONSTER! but this year next level **** watch

Bucs had all that same fire power last year suddenly they look great this year

Mike Evans is always a beast but suddenly D Jax shows up Godwin looking good his second year along with OJ Howard who runs like a 6’6” 250 WR

How about your 9-7 Bills prediction?

It's a marathon not a sprint...unless it needs to be a sprint to support the argument in which case it's a sprint. Or if sprint nor marathon help the argument it's, who the hell knows...steeplechase?

How about your 9-7 Bills prediction?

Lotta season left to go. I anticipated a slow start once they named Peterman the starter. Same way I expect the Steelers to have a slow start until Big Ben goes down and Dobbs takes over.

Once Josh Allen is the starter and the schedule lightens up, the Bills will win games. Maybe 9-7 is a little too high. 7-9 is probably more likely. But they're not gonna be an awful team like most think. I doubt they win less than 7 games.

I knew Mahomes was gonna be good or felt very strongly about it

Andy Reid don’t trade Smith without knowing he’s got something special in Patrick Mahomes

Plus having Hill the Top 5 WR and RB and the best TE period helps a lot

After watching the Panthers play in Week 1, I am now going to move them as my favorite to make it out of the NFC. I know I've been saying Rams all off-season. And they should still be a playoff team. But the Panthers look like a problem. Especially on defense.

Steelers vs Panthers (Super Bowl 53)

Get ready for it. Dobbs vs Cam should be amazing.

After watching the Panthers play in Week 1, I am now going to move them as my favorite to make it out of the NFC. I know I've been saying Rams all off-season. And they should still be a playoff team. But the Panthers look like a problem. Especially on defense.

Steelers vs Panthers (Super Bowl 53)

Get ready for it. Dobbs vs Cam should be amazing.

So, for the obvious question...is this going to be a season long "I've changed my take on this." scenario?

Reactions: TrueOrange
Bills have a great coaching staff. They will win more than people think.

And I can't believe how much people are sleeping on the Raiders. At this time last year they were the popular pick to make it to the Super Bowl out of the AFC.

Jon Gruden and the Raiders are better than people think.

As someone who used to live in Oakland and has always pulled for them, I wish I could share your optimism, but I just don’t see that happening. I want to see Reggie succeed, but bowl cut Davis is a terrible owner.

So, for the obvious question...is this going to be a season long "I've changed my take on this." scenario?

I've always said with more information comes better clarity.

I was wrong about the Panthers before the season just like I was wrong about Georgia early on last year. But I was one of the first people to pick Georgia to play in the national title game last year. I'm simply doing the same here.

I'm better than almost everyone at picking up on things like this early in the season.

VN Store

Back