D4H's 2017 NFL Draft Review (Best Picks, Best Drafts, and Predictions)

I predict that Garrett sits out due to injury almost as many as he plays. I just don't see him panning out over his career.

Reactions: 1 person
He'll be the Kwame Brown version of the NFL.

You guys will be severely disappointed if you think Myles Garrett will be anything less than a perennial All-Pro.

This is one of the most gifted people to ever step onto an NFL field.

He'll be a great player no matter what.

You guys will be severely disappointed if you think Myles Garrett will be anything less than a perennial All-Pro.

He was one of the most gifted players in college, but never lived up to his potential. He may get there in the NFL, but it is not a guarantee. Sometimes it's a question of motivation, and Kevin Sumlin never figured out Garrett's motivation.

I've always said Derek Barnett will be an effective NFL starter for 10 years. He won't be a bust. However, I don't think he will be a star either. He lacks the elite athleticism most of the top end pass rushers in the NFL have. My pro comparison for him has been Charles Johnson (Panthers) for a while now.

The Eagles overall had a mediocre draft. It wasn't good but it wasn't a total disaster either. Barnett should start immediately. I also liked the selection of Rasul Douglas. He isn't a future star but he can develop into a decent starting CB. The best 2 picks IMO for the Eagles in the entire draft might have been in the 5th round with Shelton Gibson and Nathan Gerry. I believe both players can develop into starters. And if you can find starters in the 5th round, that is an absolute steal. The most questionable pick of the draft for the Eagles was taking Sidney Jones in the 2nd round. I was never high on Jones even before the injury. But once you factor in the achilles injury, its unlikely he ever becomes an effective player in the NFL. That is a tough injury to come back from especially for a CB. With so many other talented DBs on the board at that time, it was a very questionable decision by the Eagles.

Even tho, I rarely agree with u. I have to tip my hat to u. D4H did some work on his Draft Review. No matter how much crap, VolNation (and I) give u, over your predictions, u don't flip-flop, much at all. I gotta respect that.

Even tho, I rarely agree with u. I have to tip my hat to u. D4H did some work on his Draft Review. No matter how much crap, VolNation (and I) give u, over your predictions, u don't flip-flop, much at all. I gotta respect that.

ROFL....WTF?

He doesn't flip-flop? Are you high? The dude is wrong 90% of the time and when that happens he either ignores it or he spins it to somehow proclaim he was actually right.

You will claim that you were the only person on the planet that thought he would blow up.... Kinduv like you do with Elliot.

The only reason that he gets **** is because if his flip flopping on damn near everything and general douchbaggery about predictions. He makes these outlandish predictions, insults anyone that doesn't agree with him, then flat out lies and back tracks when the exact opposite happens.

Reactions: 3 people
He was one of the most gifted players in college, but never lived up to his potential. He may get there in the NFL, but it is not a guarantee. Sometimes it's a question of motivation, and Kevin Sumlin never figured out Garrett's motivation.

He broke Clowney's sack record as a true freshmen. He finished top 3 nationally in sacks over his 3 years in college.

Just because Derek Barnett was more productive in college doesn't mean Myles Garrett didn't live up to his potential. Myles Garrett was incredibly productive in college. And when he was 100% healthy he definitely lived up to his potential.

There are many great players in the NFL like JJ Watt that were not as productive in college as Myles Garrett. You guys need to understand that college and the NFL are different beasts. Just because Derek Barnett was more productive in college than Myles Garrett doesn't mean he'll be more productive in the NFL. If college production translated to NFL production, it would make drafting players a lot easier. But it doesn't which is why the draft is always a crapshoot.

You guys need to understand that college and the NFL are different beasts. Just because Derek Barnett was more productive in college than Myles Garrett doesn't mean he'll be more productive in the NFL. If college production translated to NFL production, it would make drafting players a lot easier. But it doesn't which is why the draft is always a crapshoot.
Which is ironically 90% of your argument for Josh Dobbs being worth a **** as an NFL QB

Reactions: 3 people

Thank You. I work a lot more on the draft this year so that I wouldn't have as many misses as I had last year. Last year I did what I normally did which is quick evaluations. This year I went a lot more in-depth.

Plus this is a much stronger draft class so it was fun to delve deep into it.

You will claim that you were the only person on the planet that thought he would blow up.... Kinduv like you do with Elliot.

A lot of people have disparaged Garrett's game. Especially on this site. I won't say I was the only person on the planet that saw his greatness. But I will say most on this site don't respect his game as much as they should.

And last year the only thing I said that no one else was saying about Zeke was that he would be one of if not the best RB in the league from day 1 and potentially lead it in rushing yards. Last year most people thought it was crazy to think a rookie could do what he did. But I predicted he would run for 1,500+ yards. And that's exactly what he did.

The only reason that he gets **** is because if his flip flopping on damn near everything and general douchbaggery about predictions. He makes these outlandish predictions, insults anyone that doesn't agree with him, then flat out lies and back tracks when the exact opposite happens.

I have never flipped flopped. I say what I believe at the time. That is it. If I'm wrong about a prediction I admit it. Like when it comes to Dak. Totally missed on his evaluation and have used that to fix my opinion moving forward.

You guys just want me to give up on my guys after one year as with Kelvin Taylor or you want me to admit I was wrong after one year of lucky sacks for Joey Bosa. Guys have slow starts to their career and others have lucky starts (see RG3).

I don't flip flop. I just stand by my convictions more firmly than you guys.

Which is ironically 90% of your argument for Josh Dobbs being worth a **** as an NFL QB

No. My argument for Josh centers around his physical attributes and mental makeup. The fact he carried the Tennessee program on his back for 3 years is just gravy.

I didn't think he would have the rushing attempts that he did, but I don't think anyone thought he would be a scrub.

True. But nobody else said he would be as great as I said he would. I raised the bar of expectations for him from just being a good rookie to being the best RB in the NFL from day 1.

I'm say the same for Corey Davis. He was the #5 overall pick and most people think he will be a good player. I'm saying this kid is all-time special. And he will be among the best WRs in football from DAY 1. He will have a historically dominant rookie season in the same fashion as Zeke.

ROFL....WTF?

He doesn't flip-flop? Are you high? The dude is wrong 90% of the time and when that happens he either ignores it or he spins it to somehow proclaim he was actually right.

VSF, I haven't read everyone of his posts. Most of the ones I've read, he has more or less, stuck to his guns. I even read one today about the 2016 draft, where he admitted he was wrong. I never said I agreed with him, but it seems to me, no matter how crazy, his predictions are, he sticks with the ones, I've read. Now, he may try to justify 'em, with some outlandish reason. But, hell, so has most of VolNation. I don't know how old D4H is? He seems young to me. He has strong opinions about players, sometimes going on borderline hero worship. But, none of that, was really my point. He obviously, spent many hours on his Draft Review and although, we didn't agree on a lot, I had to give him props for that. I would never take the time to do something like that. What about u ? Real life gets in the way, but I enjoyed reading it and disagreeing with a lot of it. I just think he is young and passionate about his sports beliefs. Isn't that, one of the reasons, we come to VolNation? To hear other opinions about sports and share ours

VSF, I haven't read everyone of his posts. Most of the ones I've read, he has more or less, stuck to his guns. I even read one today about the 2016 draft, where he admitted he was wrong. I never said I agreed with him, but it seems to me, no matter how crazy, his predictions are, he sticks with the ones, I've read. Now, he may try to justify 'em, with some outlandish reason. But, hell, so has most of VolNation. I don't know how old D4H is? He seems young to me. He has strong opinions about players, sometimes going on borderline hero worship. But, none of that, was really my point. He obviously, spent many hours on his Draft Review and although, we didn't agree on a lot, I had to give him props for that. I would never take the time to do something like that. What about u ? Real life gets in the way, but I enjoyed reading it and disagreeing with a lot of it. I just think he is young and passionate about his sports beliefs. Isn't that, one of the reasons, we come to VolNation? To hear other opinions about sports and share ours

D4H alter alert.

Reactions: 2 people

A quick example, he went through about 4 teams that he said was the "perfect fit" for Dobbs. Then he's picked by the Steelers and he proclaims that it was the "perfect fit" and that the Steelers were the team he was hoping Dobbs would go to "the entire time".

Which is complete bs because he previous had said the Browns were the perfect fit, then the Chargers, etc. He also hedges his predicitions in a way that if he's right, he can gloat, if he's wrong he can say he never actually said what he actually was saying.

A quick example, he went through about 4 teams that he said was the "perfect fit" for Dobbs. Then he's picked by the Steelers and he proclaims that it was the "perfect fit" and that the Steelers were the team he was hoping Dobbs would go to "the entire time".

Which is complete bs because he previous had said the Browns were the perfect fit, then the Chargers, etc. He also hedges his predicitions in a way that if he's right, he can gloat, if he's wrong he can say he never actually said what he actually was saying.

Yes, I saw the "Dobbs to the Browns with their last pick of the 1st round, because Hue Jackson coached him at the Senior Bowl" prediction. Followed by the "Chargers take Dobbs with their 2nd or 3rd round pick and he can sit a year and learn from Phillip Rivers" prediction. Damn, short term memory loss. I guess I was feeling sorry for him and that was a lot of work on his Draft Review. I always try to help out the guy getting bullied. Sometimes they deserve it

VN Store

Back