Crickets on The Hill

No news is usually good news. I appreciate CJP coaching and not marketing. He is the coach, we are the fans. I hope the fans have something to cheer about this year. I'm keeping my expectations kinda low this year.

Reactions: ALLVOL 4LIFE
The last 3 HCs were offensive minded coaches. How'd that work out for us? I'm perfectly fine having a defensive minded HC and Helton at OC. I think we will be pleasantly surprised with the improvement across the board this season. Don't think we'll be world beaters, but I think we'll see a lot of improvement. We actually have real football coaches now.
Nothing wrong with DC becoming head coach. I just don't get the whole 'we're going to surprise some people' line of thinking when Saban, Smart, and Muschamp pretty much taught Pruitt everything he knows about scheming a defense. I don't think we're going to surprise anyone, except the people predicting 7-8 wins or more.

All this jabber about surprises. Y'all do realize that we play three teams whose head coaches know more about our defense than Pruitt? Not to mention that most of the rest of them have plenty of practice coaching against it. Anyone think kirby, will or nick might share a little sumpin with VU, KY and MO if it can help them in a recruiting batlle to hang an embarrassing loss on Pruitt? If we'd hired an OC for HFC I might understand the enthusiasm but as things are I'm afraid a lot of y'all are pissin into the wind.
Wouldn't put too much stock in that other coaches know more about our D than Pruitt. You do realize it's a completely new scheme, players are filling different roles, our strength and condition coach is legit and it shows, and lastly we have coaches that have resume in developing talent. Injuries are also down. Have you been actually following the team this off season? I am not saying we are gonna dominate or make a lot of noise but I am willing to bet we are gonna catch a few offensive coordinators with their pants down and in a dog fight

All this jabber about surprises. Y'all do realize that we play three teams whose head coaches know more about our defense than Pruitt? Not to mention that most of the rest of them have plenty of practice coaching against it. Anyone think kirby, will or nick might share a little sumpin with VU, KY and MO if it can help them in a recruiting batlle to hang an embarrassing loss on Pruitt? If we'd hired an OC for HFC I might understand the enthusiasm but as things are I'm afraid a lot of y'all are pissin into the wind.
Kind of a ridiculous statement to say that 3 coaches know Pruitt’s defense better than Pruitt. Surely you’re being tongue in cheek here.

Those other coaches don’t know Tennessee’s personnel, don’t know any tweaks or wrinkles that Pruitt might add/disguise/eliminate from these defenses Pruitt ran at Alabama. At the end of the day, it’ll be about execution, and maybe, just maybe, Pruitt and the other guys he has on his defensive staff will get our guys executing well enough that it doesn’t matter what Saban, Muschamp and Smart think they know or don’t know about Pruitt’s defense.

I get the skepticism, we should all have a wait and see approach. But it sure seems to me that youre trying awfully hard here, too hard here, to see the glass not only half empty, but damn near bone dry.

It all comes down to execution. Coaches know your schemes, personnel, and your tendencies. You have to have execution and sometimes surprise plays to turn the tide.

please keep in mind this is Coach Pruitt's first season here, so...……………………………..

GO VOLS!

No news is usually good news. I appreciate CJP coaching and not marketing. He is the coach, we are the fans. I hope the fans have something to cheer about this year. I'm keeping my expectations kinda low this year.
Gold Metal Winner! Finally, someone actually replying to the original post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Its seems a couple are setting their narrative then trying to find something, anything that will prove their narrative...truth is and always has been...defense wins games, execution, especially on offense, rules the day and coaches are always looking for two things....creating spacing and mismatches to accomplish their game plan....well known long time DC once told me that in a private conversation...."Son...football boils down to two things...spacing and mismatches"....

VN Store

Back