Country Singer Luke Bryan and Desmond laugh at Vols during picks.

So anyway, I don't understand the hurt feelings over the music somebody wants to do. The whole "that's not real country" thing... I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneVolNation
So anyway, I don't understand the hurt feelings over the music somebody wants to do. The whole "that's not real country"... I just don't get it.
Yeah, if I had to guess the arguments of both sides of that coin, I think that whole thing is just the old vs. new where the new doesn't resemble the legends of the past, but sounds like it was made to be more like pop music than true country in the opinion of the new is not real side. At least that's the way I heard it. I don't personally have any beef with Luke Bryan other than Saturday, but just got caught up in the moment of people saying he was laughing at Tennessee and mocking them. So it was just that kind of natural reflex on game day before kickoff where it's like, he said what? Oh yeah? Well, who cares if he laughs at what we all hold sacred because _______________ (<---- insert easiest ammo to reach from the old school here in the defense of Vol Nation). Then everyone just kind of piles on. I think others had already done it before I even saw the thread and they had already done the same thing just as a reflex. I do have to admit I smiled though when I read the meme that someone posted about him repeating the same line 9 times in the same song as an example of why they consider it to be more like "bubblegum pop" than actual country. Plus, it was in such close proximity to Desmond Howard (Charles Woodson's team) doing the same thing. Just seemed like the perfect storm, but nothing more than just returning tit for tat. All in good first Saturday of the season football fun.

This a status check or are you just projecting? LOL. I don't blame you for wanting to know what my pockets hit for. That first part of your sentence where you said you think he's terrible almost came across as believable, until you read the part where you attempt to sling mud at me for defending Vol Nation against his mockery. I call it like it is. We can just say I didn't come to Tennessee chasing money and fame. I was born here and I'll die here. I wouldn't be so hasty to bet against me on that one, Cowboy. Betting against me is bound to clean you out.
Good lord this makes you sound weak and hilarious. You are the epitome of the naked fat man meme typing away on his computer being a bully.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Good lord this makes you sound weak and hilarious. You are the epitome of the naked fat man meme typing away on his computer being a bully.
Not at all. It's just the opposite. I confronted his fallacy at the root and exposed it for the folly it was. That's as strong as it gets. You've got quite the imagination there but it's not even close by any stretch. Out of all those words you typed in both sentences, you only got four correct ("You are the man") and that's only with a very generous rearranging of your words in the order we both know you didn't intend -- because it's the only way they can be arranged to be correct. The rest are all big whiffs as in swing and miss. I'm not the epitome of any meme and considering that post you quoted was one in which I rebutted the bully's false accusation, you either don't know what bullying is or just knowingly chose to falsely accuse me with that label. No matter which is the case, your lack of argument can't even be classified as weak, because despite your effort, it's non-existent and that's what is hilarious. I'll save you the trouble. There's nothing that you can say against me unless it's a lie and there's nothing you can do against me except fail.

Not at all. It's just the opposite. I confronted his fallacy at the root and exposed it for the folly it was. That's as strong as it gets. You've got quite the imagination there but it's not even close by any stretch. Out of all those words you typed in both sentences, you only got four correct ("You are the man") and that's only with a very generous rearranging of your words in the order we both know you didn't intend -- because it's the only way they can be arranged to be correct. The rest are all big whiffs as in swing and miss. I'm not the epitome of any meme and considering that post you quoted was one in which I rebutted the bully's false accusation, you either don't know what bullying is or just knowingly chose to falsely accuse me with that label. No matter which is the case, your lack of argument can't even be classified as weak, because despite your effort, it's non-existent and that's what is hilarious. I'll save you the trouble. There's nothing that you can say against me unless it's a lie and there's nothing you can do against me except fail.
Yep . You’re the guy from the meme.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan

VN Store

Back