Country music thread

I had never heard of Isbell till this thread. But holy crap do I thank you guys for bringing him up. I've not stopped listening for about 3 straight months now. Elephant may be the greatest song ever written to me. Think I've listened to Speed Trap Town about 500 times now. The man is a lyrical genius.
“These 5A bastards run a shallow cross. It’s a boys last dream and a man’s first loss.” Freakin incredible.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
I had never heard of Isbell till this thread. But holy crap do I thank you guys for bringing him up. I've not stopped listening for about 3 straight months now. Elephant may be the greatest song ever written to me. Think I've listened to Speed Trap Town about 500 times now. The man is a lyrical genius.

Thank you for this. Lost my dad to cancer in February. Listened to elephant over and over, and wept, after reading this post.

" one thing thats clear to me, noone dies with dignity, just try to ignore the elephant somehow..."

I needed that. Needed to grieve, and weep.

Thank you for this. Lost my dad to cancer in February. Listened to elephant over and over, and wept, after reading this post.

" one thing thats clear to me, noone dies with dignity, just try to ignore the elephant somehow..."

I needed that. Needed to grieve, and weep.
Speed Trap Town touches on some of the same notes you’re going through as well. Sorry for your loss.

William Michael morgan’s new tune is amazing. The new Dillon Carmichael album is amazing. The new whitey Morgan album is amazing. The new Jamie Wilson album is amazing. So what I'm saying is, it was a good day for country music.

"If We Were Vampires" is IMO one of the coolest and best love songs ever written. I really like "Elephant" too, but my wife can't handle when I play it. Another favorite to strum and sing is "Children of Children."

Reactions: TN404
Stapleton was an incredible show tonight at TBA. The sound techs did a great job...it might have been the best acoustics I've heard in a normally horrendous venue for music.

“These 5A bastards run a shallow cross. It’s a boys last dream and a man’s first loss.” Freakin incredible.
Brother can write a song. Interesting note: there is a song in "A Star is Born" that sounded a lot like Isbell. When I got home and googled it...he wrote it.

Stapleton was an incredible show tonight at TBA. The sound techs did a great job...it might have been the best acoustics I've heard in a normally horrendous venue for music.
He’s in town tonight. Tickets are crazy though. Seeing brent cobb at a record store before, he's doing a couple of songs and signing copies of his record

Brother can write a song. Interesting note: there is a song in "A Star is Born" that sounded a lot like Isbell. When I got home and googled it...he wrote it.
That’s great. I knew before going in that the song was his so it wasn’t a surprise. But it’s cool you could pick it out.

I saw him at the Tennessee Theatre supporting Traveller before he blew up.

It says everything about me ~hipster~ that his music doesn’t sound the same now that he’s a superstar.

Brent put on a great little set. Played about 6 songs, including a skynyrd cover.

Attachments

• 01D1289F-43C4-46B6-B747-C920BEC462D6.jpeg
    01D1289F-43C4-46B6-B747-C920BEC462D6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
It was a great show. I went with my girlfriend and her niece. We didn't arrive until about 15 minutes before Stapleton came on stage, which was planned. Our seats in section 317A left a lot to be desired.

Hate it for Evan.

This new “real country” show on USA should be great. There’s a great lineup on Travis tritts team. Porter union, Bri bagwell, scooter brown, and copper chief are just some of the names.

Nope. Was able to get a hotel to see Reckless that night in NC.

Hope Evan gets it together for his own sake
I joked that I couldn’t wait for Evan and Miranda yo go south so we’d get some great music, never meant anything like this though. Hope Evan gets his life in order, even if it never brings new music. Just so he can enjoy life.

I saw him at the Tennessee Theatre supporting Traveller before he blew up.

It says everything about me ~hipster~ that his music doesn’t sound the same now that he’s a superstar.
Yeah, definitely hipsterish. You consider yourself a hipster? I live in the hipster capital.

Yeah, definitely hipsterish. You consider yourself a hipster? I live in the hipster capital.
Assuming you mean Nashville.

I wonder where the next “cool” place is in that area. I don’t know it intimately but a lot of articles I read hint at “East Nashville” yada yada yada.

Assuming you mean Nashville.

I wonder where the next “cool” place is in that area. I don’t know it intimately but a lot of articles I read hint at “East Nashville” yada yada yada.

Talking East.

East has been hipster heavy for over a decade now.

Last edited:
Aaron f’ing Watson.
Damn that was a great show. I can’t recommend his shows enough.

Attachments

• E7165316-A68F-4629-BACA-9B02E8E2852C.jpeg
    E7165316-A68F-4629-BACA-9B02E8E2852C.jpeg
    883 KB · Views: 1

VN Store

Back