Could Hurricane Michael affect the @ Auburn game?

Bad weather popping out in front of Michael, the bad boy is headed to Georgia and is expected to start weakening as we head toward nightfall. Georgia is much more under the gun than Alabama as it relates to bad storms and tornado possibilities. Michael is moving fast and away from auburn and Alabama in general. Southern Georgia and the rest of Florida still have a dangerous threat of severe storms and tornadoes probably through tonight. The best thing overall regarding Michael is while it's still a dangerous storm the NWS expects significant weakening of Michael as we head toward nightfall and it is moving fast toward the east northeast instead of being a slowmover which would be much worse. Areas from Mexico City Florida to Apalachicola are really getting the brunt of this and prayers go out to all impacted. At least the vast majority cleared out and obeyed the evacuation orders. God Bless and GBO!!!!!!!

May be a little wet and windy on the field on Saturday, but otherwise this should be just another football Saturday with me yelling "... GBO ! ! !"

q8SYyx8.gif

CAT 4

Jeremy Foley says Florida would not be able to travel this week if it was LSU but getting to Vandy is no problem. Players don’t give a crap about their families.

Reactions: rgvol and VolNExile
This thing is a CAT 4 and I know Auburn is not directly in the suspected path, but it is awful close.

The impact, if any, would be that first responders are called to the hurricane areas and are not able to staff the ball game. It is not likely to happen but that is the one unpredictable impact. There may be some trees down, and some localized flooding but nothing that would keep the game from being played.

Weather could affect Auburn practices, especially if they don't have an indoor practice facility.

Also, those that don't have reservations could be SOL as people evacuate and head North. Those that do have reservations could have the rates get increased by some less than honorable hotels. Perhaps some parents may have their students come home and miss the game too.

Bad weather popping out in front of Michael, the bad boy is headed to Georgia and is expected to start weakening as we head toward nightfall. Georgia is much more under the gun than Alabama as it relates to bad storms and tornado possibilities. Michael is moving fast and away from auburn and Alabama in general. Southern Georgia and the rest of Florida still have a dangerous threat of severe storms and tornadoes probably through tonight. The best thing overall regarding Michael is while it's still a dangerous storm the NWS expects significant weakening of Michael as we head toward nightfall and it is moving fast toward the east northeast instead of being a slowmover which would be much worse. Areas from Mexico City Florida to Apalachicola are really getting the brunt of this and prayers go out to all impacted. At least the vast majority cleared out and obeyed the evacuation orders. God Bless and GBO!!!!!!!

This is a great recruiting tool: Knoxville, 2nd most hurricane resistant school in the SEC!

Reactions: OnlyGodForgives
last May I visited some of the areas affected...many shots of the damage I remember well...Port St. Joe, Mexican Beach, Apalachicola St. Marks...just a shame...I went through Charley...ain't no fun...trust me on that...will take a while to recover...wish them good luck...they're gonna need it...and,

GO VOLS...BEAT TIGERS!

The only thing I can think about that may affect the game is the availability of hotel rooms.

The impact, if any, would be that first responders are called to the hurricane areas and are not able to staff the ball game. It is not likely to happen but that is the one unpredictable impact. There may be some trees down, and some localized flooding but nothing that would keep the game from being played.
This is the kind of thing I was thinking of along with power lines down/power outages. A lot of people in this thread for some reason are only thinking about the weather forecast for Saturday.

VN Store

Back