coRUPPt Arena strikes again

coRupt arena...some things never change. Two Top 75 teams battled it out. Sorry folks, no DVD classic available.

When a team is down they usually have to start fouling late in a game. That can be 4-8 free throws right there. Tempo is also a factor.

True. I posted this in another thread and included that bit of information, so it really isn't that ground breaking when you keep that in mind. Also, my KY friends tell me they are a "dribble drive" team that helps them get more free throws, and of course he said it with an air of arrogance lol. However, keep in mind this doesn't necessarily include missed calls such as walks, regular fouls vs flagrant/technical, and other turnover scenarios.

One thing is always definite. Someone whining about the refs after a loss.

The FT difference is usually the fault of the coach. The better talented team almost always gets the majority of the calls.

Last edited:
True. I posted this in another thread and included that bit of information, so it really isn't that ground breaking when you keep that in mind. Also, my KY friends tell me they are a "dribble drive" team that helps them get more free throws, and of course he said it with an air of arrogance lol. However, keep in mind this doesn't necessarily include missed calls such as walks, regular fouls vs flagrant/technical, and other turnover scenarios.

One team likes to run and one team of late likes to let the shot clock get to 5 before shooting? Sometimes when you guard someone that is bigger, stronger, and faster then you have to foul them.

You not understanding the rules is bull sheet. There are a dozen blown calls in this game. You are complaining about the one that wasn't and it makes you look bad.

I understand the rule but the play I was *****ing about.i was right but I wasn't going to argue about the call.i just said it was a bs call.

sm didn't throw an intentional elbow to begin with.basketball is rough sometimes...if it was intentional,then it should be called a flagrant foul.the refs. Missed the call.

Replay wasn't meant to be used to go back 10sec. To catch a call the refs missed.this is another screw up on the refs part.kensucky's coach whined and *****ed to the refs,that's why they reviewed the play......

I understand the rule but the play I was *****ing about.i was right but I wasn't going to argue about the call.i just said it was a bs call.

sm didn't throw an intentional elbow to begin with.basketball is rough sometimes...if it was intentional,then it should be called a flagrant foul.the refs. Missed the call.

Replay wasn't meant to be used to go back 10sec. To catch a call the refs missed.this is another screw up on the refs part.kensucky's coach whined and *****ed to the refs,that's why they reviewed the play......

How many points did that call cost TN?

You not understanding the rules is bull sheet. There are a dozen blown calls in this game. You are complaining about the one that wasn't and it makes you look bad.

I know the rule but I have never seen it where the defender made contact as well. The UK defender pushed McBee as he was swinging. I think the rule is terrible. As an offensive player you do have right to some space, and old school basketball is to back your man off with the elbow. Crap rule and I thought it was truly a double foul, which I hate called. But the other calls were terrible.

One team likes to run and one team of late likes to let the shot clock get to 5 before shooting? Sometimes when you guard someone that is bigger, stronger, and faster then you have to foul them.

Bull****! They are not bigger and stronger than Stokes and Yemi. What else you want to try?

So quit sucking at both sports and get your FB program back where it needs to be, then you can share in the glory.

I say this in seriousness, not trollery. It kinda is the way it is, blueblood programs get those calls.

Wish we would have gotten the clear fumble in last year's football game but oh well.

It is clearly amazing how Bama doesn't hold in football and how many FT UK shoots at home. But it is what it is.

Reactions: 2 people
I know we went from being up by1 to being down by5 in about a minute and a half..the call completely took Tn. Out of the game for a bit.

Hmm, pivotal first half call?

Then we missed a shot and they hit another to go up 5. It takes a possession from us to a 3 point play. 5 point swing.

I have been watching a while. Our best teams have never won at Rupp. Don't know why anyone thought we could this year. It is clear the home court advantage they get.

Then we missed a shot and they hit another to go up 5. It takes a possession from us to a 3 point play. 5 point swing.

I have been watching a while. Our best teams have never won at Rupp. Don't know why anyone thought we could this year. It is clear the home court advantage they get.

If your best teams have not won at Rupp then what does that tell you about your team?

I guess you could call it home court advantage. Do you not play KY at home?

If your best teams have not won at Rupp then what does that tell you about your team?

I guess you could call it home court advantage. Do you not play KY at home?

Clearly our basketball history is not as good, but 4 wins in history? And we have had good teams, even recently. The overall home record they showed tonight for UK was staggering. Good teams but home court advantage is part of the equation. Yes, we play them at home. If we play the same way as tonight, we can beat this UK team at home.

Clearly our basketball history is not as good, but 4 wins in history? And we have had good teams, even recently. The overall home record they showed tonight for UK was staggering. Good teams but home court advantage is part of the equation. Yes, we play them at home. If we play the same way as tonight, we can beat this UK team at home.

There is no doubt that TN can beat UK at home. You won't hear a UK fan whine about getting beat on the road. It's hard to win on the road. Hell TaM just beat UK at home.

There is no doubt that TN can beat UK at home. You won't hear a UK fan whine about getting beat on the road. It's hard to win on the road. Hell TaM just beat UK at home.

Yea the loss broke Cal's 54 game home win streak- lol. Not saying that they never lose but the odds are against the visitor. We finally started getting some home calls when Pearl became coach. Sorry but UK fans whine whenever they lose. UK clearly has a great program just like us in football. But it really is frustrating to watch our basketball games. The SEC clearly has an incentive for UK having success. I also think officials get a bit intimidated with 24k- it's human nature.

Yea the loss broke Cal's 54 game home win streak- lol. Not saying that they never lose but the odds are against the visitor. We finally started getting some home calls when Pearl became coach. Sorry but UK fans whine whenever they lose. UK clearly has a great program just like us in football. But it really is frustrating to watch our basketball games. The
SEC clearly has an incentive for UK having success. I also think officials get a bit intimidated with 24k- it's human nature.

Neither team has a great program in either sport. UT and KY are bottom in football and UT is mid-tier with KY a little better in bb.

Yea the loss broke Cal's 54 game home win streak- lol. Not saying that they never lose but the odds are against the visitor. We finally started getting some home calls when Pearl became coach. Sorry but UK fans whine whenever they lose. UK clearly has a great program just like us in football. But it really is frustrating to watch our basketball games. The SEC clearly has an incentive for UK having success. I also think officials get a bit intimidated with 24k- it's human nature.

No, Baylor broke UK's huge home winning streak. A&M just rubbed it in a little.
As for getting calls at home....its called home court advantage, why be surprised? UK also plays an aggressive dribble drive offense that is built on getting a lay-up or getting fouled. So UK should get more calls just from that offense. On top of that, the teams with superior talent, almost always get the majority of the calls because the defense cant keep the man in front of him causing the defender to ride his hip.

Reactions: 1 person

Good Lord. That is just complete utter bullsh*t. Just stop.

What planet do you live on? You're not even making any sense.

Ok, here. I think Tn wins in knoxville. It's hard to win on the road. Again, you win some you lose some. It happens, no big deal. It's 19 year old kids playing a game so anything can happen. You lost on the road. It won't be the last time for either team. Do you want me to tuck you in Mr. Sensative?

VN Store

Back